A Mustang from SEMA that has inspired me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Mustang from SEMA that has inspired me

I have a Mustang in the shop, not a 69 though. Its a 71 fastback. Looking at this car has gotten my gears turning, and has me thinking and dreaming in an entirely different direction. To sum up, a plan is forming in my gray matter, so the pit of despair might actually get something done this winter.

Here is the video of the car.

THE REAL THING is a short documentary about custom hot rod builder BODIE STROUD and his re-imagining of a classic Mustang by way of an extremely rare and powerful…

Doesn't want to play on my phone. I'll give it another try when I get home. ( on the computer )
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Works better when you turn off HD.

All aluminum 494! 770 hp....... That's awesome! Wonder how much torque it's puttin out.
      Installing full chassis under car was a pretty cool.......lines of the car are really neat.

Hell yah Thump........take the '71 and go for it.
      Still a great body style.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Mine wont have a 700hp BOSS9 in it, but a stroked Cleveland would work pretty well too.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
          Mine wont have a 700hp BOSS9 in it, but a stroked Cleveland would work pretty well too.
          Nothing wrong with that........following the theme, I get it.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

between bangshift and I..
            my mom hauled butt in her 69 convertible... I was maybe 8 years old sitting in the back. I kept trying to tell her something is smashing my hip bone every time she hit a bump.

with 3 kids all a year a part , alot is in one ear and out the other when she was driving..
            the car was bending in half at the drivers side, it revealed it later in the garage after going up on jackstands. I was getting smashed by a spring shackle.

the frame idea is great for anyhting over a 200 I-6 for that original generation.

that one event drove me to make the crazy ten geared sube I share here (it can do a v8- I keep it four cyl)

aside from nightmare..I love 69 mustang. four lamp, and fastback is a true sight, cameras don't quite get it.

anyway, that film is "car guy movie" imagination. two thumbs up. well done...and that frame, it made my day.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Good video. The car has a good vibe even though it does have the show look to it.
              Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Working...
              X