Red's Road Course Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    It'll bring back your Nebrasky gravel road bombing skills! Remember those ?? Without the flying rocks!
    Oh yeah. I am not really happy with the suspension just yet. Needs a couple things done still and some tuning which is hard to do when the tires give up before the suspension. Way before. Its getting there slowly.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Peewee not bad for NOT a car guy

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        Oh yeah. I am not really happy with the suspension just yet. Needs a couple things done still and some tuning which is hard to do when the tires give up before the suspension. Way before. Its getting there slowly.
        You are trying to make a yacht act like a sprint boat... You'll get there...
        Like eating an elephant..one bite at a time...

Comment

I guess I don't know how to use Dropbox. And/or I don't have the right software to open up the hi-def photos. The ones posted above are sort of thumbnails, about 75K file size.

The hi def ones are over 8 Megs. My MS Photo Editor says the files are too large to open.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            I guess I don't know how to use Dropbox. And/or I don't have the right software to open up the hi-def photos. The ones posted above are sort of thumbnails, about 75K file size.

The hi def ones are over 8 Megs. My MS Photo Editor says the files are too large to open.
            you may also need to check with your isp... my connection is Time warner cable's Roadrunner service and it has an 8 meg limit on e-mail and other downloads....My camera files are never more than about 5 megs because my little crappy point and shoot is only a 7 megapixel machine.... The quality cameras that pro's use ( to get those AWSOME clear shots) are usually 15 megapixel or up to 24 megapixel with - of course - a corresponding increase in file size.....This larger file size allows you to blow them up to a poster size pic without the loss in sharpness that pics like mine will have....

My shots look ok when viewed in a 4"x8" size on your monitor, but not at 8x10 on your living room wall......... Maybe you can find some inexpensive PhotoShop software that will process them for you... you may also call your local camera store and they probably know how to use Dropbox and have the sufficient ISP bandwidth to dowload them for you and also to print them on some high quality photo paper....... just sayin'
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
              you may also call your local camera store and they probably know how to use Dropbox and have the sufficient ISP bandwidth to dowload them for you and also to print them on some high quality photo paper....... just sayin'
              That's what the dude said at the track during his sales pitch. Take the hi-def files to the store and have them print them into a giant poster. Like he knew the files were bigger than what most of us could handle at home, I guess. Absurd photo file size.

And I guess that's why he didn't even try to email them. They wouldn't "go."
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                You are trying to make a yacht act like a sprint boat... You'll get there...
                Like eating an elephant..one bite at a time...
                I realize that. Every part of building an off model is a challenge.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

That's what the dude said at the track during his sales pitch. Take the hi-def files to the store and have them print them into a giant poster. Like he knew the files were bigger than what most of us could handle at home, I guess. Absurd photo file size.

And I guess that's why he didn't even try to email them. They wouldn't "go."
                  I have to reduce the size of every shot I take before sendng to Brian. Every photo viewing program has size adjusting options. Just reduce them to more 1024x768. Then use dropbox or sendspace. Also, you have put the pic files into a zip file before sending them with either of these websites.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Pdub, looks like you had a great time. I could hear you giggling like a school girl. I wanna do that too....road racing that is. I already giggle like a school girl.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

There are some photo viewing apps that have free downloadable versions. You don't need Dropbox software to download the images if the files are in a public folder. The photographer must have sent you the link.

The basic version of Dropbox is free so you can use it as file sharing tool too.
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                      X