Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 New Cars to Avoid

Take a look at these, anyone agree?

I have a personal hatred of Smart and the Journey, they both suck (the Journey's dash layout looked like an '89 K-car's that was refaced!) but what I hate more is where Yahoo! pulls it's automotive information from. Seriously hashed.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

List looks about right to me,except for the Wrangler. If I was into Jeep type things I would only want a Jeep.

Comment

^^^^^^ X2 on that! . Yep they 'bout all suck. ceptin' that Wrangler.
        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
          List looks about right to me,except for the Wrangler. If I was into Jeep type things I would only want a Jeep.
          no doubt, and that xterra, it looks normal, engages as traditional.. reliablity unknown (I don't know rice, even when its manly), but that design leads to different uses way down the road..a whole other drivetrain perhaps, maybe from a jeep wrangler.

you know what I mean..attacking manual engaged 4x4 (normally RWD )is like attacking every man that won with a 4x4.

yahoo sucks.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

anyone who complains that a jeep handles clumsily and that there is too much wind noise needs to be beat upon the head and neck...efiing morons..
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

But you knew damn well it was a snake before you brought it in (Youtube for the song titled "The Snake"). The Wrangler is what it is. The rest I kinda have to agree with - too bad as I wish they all were wonderful.

Dan

Comment

A Jeep is a Jeep, if it was refined it wouldnt be a Jeep.

Not defending Yahoo but one thing to remember is the writer is combining his info from JD Power and Consumer Reports, looks like he is just trying to give an honest review, really not bashing, just one mans view.

Any Jeep reminds me of the ones I have always liked, and I saw one today at our shop, mid 70's, 304 and sidepipes, and no top.

Comment

Most don't trip my trigger......'cept the Jeep
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I totally agree with you guys on the Wrangler, it is what it is and that's what people love about it. And the SMART, it also is what it is and I'm sure people are dissapointed when it doesn't drive like a Mercedes.
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I read Yahoo's 13 ugliest cars of 2013. Surprised the tofu eating liberal media types bashed the gen5 prius as ugly. Where have they been? It always looked like a cockroach on a roller skate. Gen 5 is just a refined cockroach on wheels. They hammered the new dodge charger. I have to agree on that one. Who's idea was it to give the charger a Mitsubishi Evo grille? That dude should have his ass removed. The other surprising was the new McLaren ending up on that list. McLaren must have told that auto journalist to go fly a kite when it came time to hand out test drives.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

First it says "new car" so I agree with the entire list without looking. Noticed that the Smart car and other little shitboxes are mentioned, so I would tend to agree... unless the Smart has a Hyabussa engine stuffed under it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                          First it says "new car" so I agree with the entire list without looking.....
                          exactamundo.

I'm a little surprised I looked. I am still baffled by the "Smart" car and 34/38 mpg. I feel somehow dumber for having looked. They sure seem to have a hard-on against Jeep and Suzuki. I take umbrage with this comment and immediately wrote off the rest of the article - this sentence in a paragraph describing a Jeep - an almost real Jeep...

"sophistication, accommodations and on-road performance." BUAHHAHHAHAHAHA.... omfg. Idiot. I blew coffee out my nose almost.

I heard a new phrase today "Zombie Spy" - as in he is a spy for the zombies. I believe the penny fell out of that boy's loafers.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Must be something to this Zombie thing... Gun sales INCREASED 20% since the Elections... They blame the POTUS AND ZOMBIES.. Altho I see a little resemblence to his wife and a zombie....

Comment

Silly list. Completely subjective. Just like the intro says, I want warnings that a car is a p.o.s., not that it has wind noise and a bouncy ride.

The jeep stuff made me laugh.

The "smart" car is an complete misnomer. It doesn't matter how small of a space it can park in when the parking spaces are all the same size. If it got 50 plus mpg - maybe... but mid thirties, um - no.

If an auto manufacturer is going to make a small car with limited creature comforts, a true "economy car", then how about matching the CRX HF from 1989??? 49 mpg without any expensive "hybrid" stuff to go bad. It would sell like freaking hotcakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X