Duquion making a come back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duquion making a come back

I see where Chadmouth has reported that Duquion, IL will be back next year.......June 28-30.
    Car Craft Street Machine Nationals.
    Anyone plan on going?
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Thats a venue I havent heard in a while. It disappeared about the same time shows down the road from you in Sedalia disappeared.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Its kinda close, a bit farther than Mn/St P.

Perhaps I would go, unless I do the PT which would mean everything else is on standby until funds become available. The only thing I would want to take is the $5k LeMans swilling homebrew.

Comment

I've never been there, Du Quoin is probably less then 200 miles for me but I'm not very good at sitting around at shows. I don't remember the details, why did they leave Du Quoin in the first place, they were asked to leave or kicked out weren't they?
        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Southern IL is hard up for money that bad...guess they can look past some bad behavior.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

My brother and i went there in 88 and 89 and it was a great time. About midnight or so the race cars on trailers started showing up and making runs down the road....That was a radical good time. The cops looked the other way till about 2 am and then they started shutting them down, but yeah it was pretty hard core. We were all set to go in 90 but my brother got killed by a drunk driver on may 6 and i've never been to another big show like that since then..... Been a long time ago now. and yep, i believe they got the boot a few years later........
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I was all set to go to another national event until the Duquoin announcement came awhile back. We're skipping the CC Nats in MN this year in favor of Duquoin. Just hope it's nearly as large as in years past and not as lame as the Springfield MO version.
              GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
                My brother and i went there in 88 and 89 and it was a great time. About midnight or so the race cars on trailers started showing up and making runs down the road....That was a radical good time. The cops looked the other way till about 2 am and then they started shutting them down, but yeah it was pretty hard core. We were all set to go in 90 but my brother got killed by a drunk driver on may 6 and i've never been to another big show like that since then..... Been a long time ago now. and yep, i believe they got the boot a few years later........
                We were probably there the same time.
                The fair grounds were covered with cars.........and yeah heard about the
                hard core racing that went on.

I might take the shoebox........Bowling Green is a couple of weeks before.
                If it's like last Summer, it'll be a hot mo-fo for sure.

Like Remy said..........that area is hurting for revenue.
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

We used to go every year. Camp out in the parking lot at the end of the strip. The cops can be a little uptight. We had a cooler in the back seat yet no open beers of any kind and they wanted to ticket us. That was the last year I went. Maybe the PT a few years ago kind of kick started it again

Comment

They should produce a good turn out........although motel facilities are a bit scattered.
                    Thom

Comment

unless i win the lotto it aint in the cards for me, power tour, then bowling green, wife would highly frown upon me being gone the entire month of june
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                        unless i win the lotto it aint in the cards for me, power tour, then bowling green, wife would highly frown upon me being gone the entire month of june
                        You gonna be at Bowling Green this year?
                        Thom

Comment

Chad says I have to go or hes going to permantley ban me from the site

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                            Chad says I have to go or hes going to permantley ban me from the site
                            Cool..........be sure to bring wet weather gear.
                            Seems no matter what the weather.........it rains.
                            Thom

Comment

when i went 3 years ago the place was underwater like a month before the event

Comment

Working...
                              X