No announcement yet.

Gear Vendor Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a long talk with a guy there yesterday and it was hard to to just give him a CC# right there. Was impressed with everything they had to say and only a 2 day lead time. My guess is Ill place the order after the 1st of the year.

There is a NASA event coming to Gateway in March that I want to get in on. Never done any track driving like that and I think the GV will help a little coming out of the corners. Not to mention the PT.

Comment

I went with the 700R4 in the 70, and the 65 LeMans will probably get a 2004R, or maybe just stick with a Th400. The difference for me is that I build transmissions, so its dirt cheap for me to go through them. I could build a killer OD trans for $2500 since my labor is free to me. Still the Th400 is quite a bit stronger and the GV is bulletproof for way more power than our 455s churn out. Not being able to rebuild them yourself would make the GV far more attractive.

I just cant drive without the OD anymore. The 70 has 3.42 gears, with the 2004R it was great for cruising, with the Th400 it was a bit steeper than I liked for cruise RPM and cast rods at the time. The funny thing is it ran nearly the same times with either trans in it, less than a tenth difference between them. Sometime I want to build a 496 on a 400 block, put it in my 71 Formula, put a 2004R behind it with 2.41 gears and see just how low of a cruise rpm I can get.... with a top end around 200 with some aero tricks.

Comment

GV has templates online so you can mock up the under carriage to check exhaust clearance, driveshaft angles etc.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

question.... what is the stall on your converter? If you get your cruising rpm near your stall (or under) speed; the transmission will have a terrible time staying in 3rd (transmission) gear...
          I don't see a prob staying in 3rd, but might cook the fluid
          Last edited by groucho; December 5, 2012, 12:14 PM.
          STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
          X