No announcement yet.

Pdub, when you put your roll bar in; don't do this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, some forms of roadracing specifically prohibit welded in rollbars.
    I'm still learning

Comment

Learn something new, gotta start coming to this forum more often.
      "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

i posted a video of that crash (least i think i posted it) a couple months ago
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I'd love to see it but I'd hate to look at it.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            I'd love to see it but I'd hate to look at it.
            Pdub - let me help you with that... rather than thinking "crash" think "discount parts"
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              Pdub - let me help you with that... rather than thinking "crash" think "discount parts"
              Butcha know what SBG..when I pulled up to the inspection guy on the line at Ohio later in the afternoon on that Friday, he was tired. He had inspected so many cars all day by then, the guy was tired.

Plus, I was tired. Tired from traveling a half day to get there and waiting in line for hours to get to the front of the inspection line. And by then he was tired, the poor guy was worn out from inspecting cars. Rocket ships, 200 mph cars that have to be REALLY inspected, part-for-part for safety.

Red's only good for the 135 mph class. He had his clipboard....he looked at the tires. He was so tired..."Okay, go ahead."
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                Maximum Motorsports was having a sale on their bolt ins. Although the shipping is expensive, so I'd weigh that over getting one built close to home.
                It's a good poing Bob. Wolfe Craft is in my back yard, Fort Worth. About 35 miles from me. I'd have them do the install if I decice on a weld in.

not that one though. lol. I think if you managed to get that one through the floorboard, ouch.

They have a 20% off sale through 1/3/3013. I'm holding out for 12/22 to see if we misunderstood the Mayans. haha.

On the Fox Mustangs, it's pretty straight forward to find structural places for the plates - I thought I saw a 6x6" plate requirement for SCTA / NHRA. I'm not sure about the new cars, but if you managed to get a properly installed six point through the floor on a Fox with legal installation, you've wrecked it pretty good. This is where they pick up the main hoop -> floor, six point on a Fox.

If folks like Job Spetter, Dwayne Gutridge, and Joe Silva will use them (six and seven second rides) then I'm thinking I might give them a shot (20 mph ride).
                Last edited by Beagle; December 8, 2012, 06:30 AM.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

You could do that full cage the way the stock car guys do - cut off the roof, drop it in, and weld the top back on. Don't even have to open the doors!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    You could do that full cage the way the stock car guys do - cut off the roof, drop it in, and weld the top back on. Don't even have to open the doors!

Dan
                    or start with a convertible like CDMBill
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                    X