X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    You could do that full cage the way the stock car guys do - cut off the roof, drop it in, and weld the top back on. Don't even have to open the doors!

Dan
    or start with a convertible like CDMBill

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    You could do that full cage the way the stock car guys do - cut off the roof, drop it in, and weld the top back on. Don't even have to open the doors!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
    Maximum Motorsports was having a sale on their bolt ins. Although the shipping is expensive, so I'd weigh that over getting one built close to home.
    It's a good poing Bob. Wolfe Craft is in my back yard, Fort Worth. About 35 miles from me. I'd have them do the install if I decice on a weld in.

not that one though. lol. I think if you managed to get that one through the floorboard, ouch.

They have a 20% off sale through 1/3/3013. I'm holding out for 12/22 to see if we misunderstood the Mayans. haha.

On the Fox Mustangs, it's pretty straight forward to find structural places for the plates - I thought I saw a 6x6" plate requirement for SCTA / NHRA. I'm not sure about the new cars, but if you managed to get a properly installed six point through the floor on a Fox with legal installation, you've wrecked it pretty good. This is where they pick up the main hoop -> floor, six point on a Fox.

If folks like Job Spetter, Dwayne Gutridge, and Joe Silva will use them (six and seven second rides) then I'm thinking I might give them a shot (20 mph ride).
    Last edited by Beagle; December 8, 2012, 06:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    Pdub - let me help you with that... rather than thinking "crash" think "discount parts"
    Butcha know what SBG..when I pulled up to the inspection guy on the line at Ohio later in the afternoon on that Friday, he was tired. He had inspected so many cars all day by then, the guy was tired.

Plus, I was tired. Tired from traveling a half day to get there and waiting in line for hours to get to the front of the inspection line. And by then he was tired, the poor guy was worn out from inspecting cars. Rocket ships, 200 mph cars that have to be REALLY inspected, part-for-part for safety.

Red's only good for the 135 mph class. He had his clipboard....he looked at the tires. He was so tired..."Okay, go ahead."

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by peewee View Post
    I'd love to see it but I'd hate to look at it.
    Pdub - let me help you with that... rather than thinking "crash" think "discount parts"

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    I'd love to see it but I'd hate to look at it.

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    i posted a video of that crash (least i think i posted it) a couple months ago

Leave a comment:

• Runner1972
    replied
    Learn something new, gotta start coming to this forum more often.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied
    No, some forms of roadracing specifically prohibit welded in rollbars.

Leave a comment:

• Runner1972
    replied
    How did it pass tech inspection?

Thought race cars had to have the cage welded in

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied

You are a punny man, Bob - shipping IS expensive because of the weight
    Can't slide anything by you.

Leave a comment:

• fast Ed
    replied
    Maximum Motorsports was having a sale on their bolt ins. Although the shipping is expensive, so I'd weigh that over getting one built close to home.
    Their units are nice. I have their 4-point bolt-in for my Fox. It fits about as tight to the roof as you can get, and still actually be able to install it without cutting the roof open. LOL

cheers
    Ed
    Last edited by fast Ed; December 7, 2012, 11:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I'm still chuckling about this other bit. That is a car which was built to show us how to properly build a mustang race car. Next time I read in any magazine how they're showing us how to do it right - I'm posting that picture.... should take them down one, maybe even two notches

What reminded me was the mia culpa in HR for proclaiming a person being dead who's very much alive
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    I'm thinking about letting Wolfe Craft Racing build mine - they build 25.x cert cages, I figure they can get a six point right. The way you put one in a Fox, if you stuff it through the floor and you've done the job correctly, the car is in worse shape than that one. I'd do a bolt in, still thinking about it, but that's not a place I want to test my crappy welding.
    I like what John (Milner351) did with his falcon - a 2x2 steel tube, welded to the floor, and the roll cage ties direct to that

You are a punny man, Bob - shipping IS expensive because of the weight
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 7, 2012, 11:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    I'm thinking about letting Wolfe Craft Racing build mine - they build 25.x cert cages, I figure they can get a six point right. The way you put one in a Fox, if you stuff it through the floor and you've done the job correctly, the car is in worse shape than that one. I'd do a bolt in, still thinking about it, but that's not a place I want to test my crappy welding.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X