• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Lohnes...

What are you doing tomorrow?

Re: Hey Lohnes...

Funny you should ask Dave....

We're shootin' a show baby!

Barnstormin' with Brian Lohnes will be filming on location in East Calais, VT (hear that Andy!).

I'm headed to meet Bruce Cliche a guy who owns between 6 and 700 cars. Most would call it a junkyard...Car Junkies will call it heaven. Along with the hundreds of vintage classic 'Merican iron he also has (apparently) a whole bunch of school buses fulled with motors, transmissions, etc.

It's gonna be a hoot and the first of many adventures on Barnstormin'.

Once the AV kids get done with the tape, it may look like I know what the hell I'm doing!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian, tell us more please ...

Comment

Well this is a nice (but kind of eccentric) guy (as you would suspect).

There are a couple of grainey You Tube videos and couple of tiny blurby text pieces about the place on the web, but we're going to be the first to be in there with HD Cameras and full access to the collection.

The place has been listed on e-bay a couple of times. He is looking to sell the entire shooting match for 1.6 million bucks. You may laugh at that now, but when you see some of the stuff this guy has and how much of it he has....it's kind of a bargain.

I know slightly more than all of you about both Bruce and his collection, but not all that much....that's what's going to make this fun, just finding out how the hell someone comes to have all of this stuff....in the middle of Vermont no less!

Barnstormin' is going to be a variety show in the truest sense. We're going to keep you on your toes about what's coming next. I love weird, off-beat stuff, whether that be eccentric guys with hundreds of cars, weird motorsports events that no one else is covering, oddball cars, etc. The goal of this deal is to get out there and shine the light into places that no one else is....like the rest of CJTV.

It's gonna be bad ass.

Brian

Comment

Don't forget pic's please-

Comment

pssst....

This is the first episode of a new show on Car Junkie TV....it's moving pictures brother.

We'll even throw in the sound for free.

Brian

Comment

I remember seeing that Ebay ad. It was posted several times with no takers. It was sure nice to look at.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

You can take pics, too, dude. We have galleries coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                  pssst....

This is the first episode of a new show on Car Junkie TV....it's moving pictures brother.

We'll even throw in the sound for free.

Brian
                  WOW, moving pictures. A little to much for this 19th century man in a 21st century world to take. I need to lay down. lol

OhOh-That means I'll have to be in the garage to watching it, my AOL dial computer in the house won't play video. Sounds like a great show, can't wait to check it out. (AOL sucks but bad habits are hard to change and when I was going to quit them the offered me $9 a month, could not pass it up, and didn't need to change my e-mail address.)

Comment

You know I must be a little slow. I just realized that you were the uber-announcer at PGD. "Stay by your cars guys, the track is JUST about ready to run again" ;D

Had a good time meeting you and being one of Keith's lackeys.

Comment

Very Nice Brian...I trust we will be blessed with your Uberhilarity ;D

You are a lucky man...

Seth
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I'm so tempted to bag work tomorrow and go there. I think it's just over an hour from here.Never been, but have talked to some locals who have. There was a story in Hemmings a few years ago about this with pics but all it did was leave you wanting more.

Comment

Well MORE is coming....

It was pretty tough to convince Bruce that this was a good idea. As much as I'd like to say come on over...it may spook the guy (who seems to be wary enough of folks wanting to see his stuff).

That being said, if he knows your from VT he may treat you like family.

Also, if he has us tied up in a dark room it may be handy to have someone swing by and save our asses.

Brian

Comment

And I was just mapquesting it. :'(

Comment

Originally posted by revolutionary
                              You know I must be a little slow. I just realized that you were the uber-announcer at PGD. "Stay by your cars guys, the track is JUST about ready to run again" ;D

Had a good time meeting you and being one of Keith's lackeys.
                              Hey Rev, you were much less a lackey and much more a henchman. Although that may be giving Turk too much credit..he he. You guys definitely did yeoman's work on a hot Saturday in Memphis. The buzz from draining all of those gas tanks must have been pretty good though.

You doing Engine Masters again this year?

Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X