Hey Lohnes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey Lohnes...

I've seen the listing on eBay. 1.6 mil is a bargain for all that stuff. Someone could make a good deal of money flipping it, but it would be years worth of work. Hey Turk, you wanna do it? Good "retirement" past time.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

You doing Engine Masters again this year?

Brian
      Yep, we've got almost everything to start assembling. I figure we can start testing in 3-4 weeks. Think we can make 570hp with a 327??? (I doubt it but were gonna try)

Comment

Originally posted by dagenesta
        I've seen the listing on eBay. 1.6 mil is a bargain for all that stuff. Someone could make a good deal of money flipping it, but it would be years worth of work. Hey Turk, you wanna do it? Good "retirement" past time.
        From what I've seen lots of the stuff is not labeled as to what it is. You would have to hire the guy who owns it now and Steve Magnante to sort it out. Some of the stuff is obvious, but some of it.....I saw a pic of heads stacked like Lincoln Logs 5'-6' high. Wait for Brian's pics and the show. If you haven't seen or heard of this place, you will be impressed. They said once if you bought the place for 1 million, you would be paying little more than a dollar per part, and have the property left over.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
          Originally posted by dagenesta
          From what I've seen lots of the stuff is not labeled as to what it is. You would have to hire the guy who owns it now and Steve Magnante to sort it out. Some of the stuff is obvious, but some of it.....I saw a pic of heads stacked like Lincoln Logs 5'-6' high. Wait for Brian's pics and the show. If you haven't seen or heard of this place, you will be impressed. They said once if you bought the place for 1 million, you would be paying little more than a dollar per part, and have the property left over.
          Swap meet fodder for life! Put it in a warehouse and eBay it. A guy could make a comfortable living for quite a few years selling this stuff piece by piece.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Not with the intrest on a buck and a half
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Fellas...

Well I just rolled in and I left my house at like 5 am. This place is simply beyond description.

For starters: There is a room with 1000 driveshafts in it....that's ONE THOUSAND.

As far as having stuff sorted...it is...kinda. Bruce knows every part, most casting numbers, great stories for each...etc.

As good as Magante is with this kind of stuff (and he is INCREDIBLY good) I think Bruce could bury him.

We burned up 6 hours of tape and barely were able to scratch the surface of this place.

I honestly do no know where to begin. The question I kept asking him was "how does one guy end up with all this stuff?" Even he couldn't answer.

There's over 700 cars there. Most beyond resto but all have good parts and pieces.

I literally could not take photos because we were walking, talking, dodging parts, his 5 dogs, his five dogs' poop, and being generally astounded. Photo's do nothing for this place anyway. There's no way to express the scope and breadth of Bruce's stuff.

It looks like there is going to be two episodes. One will focus on the cars in the yard and the other will focus on just parts and motors.

1.6 million bucks....HA. If you can't make 10 times that you're either an idiot or a horrific business person.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
                Not with the intrest on a buck and a half
                It would not be very wise to loan the money for this. That's why I don't already own this stuff.

Comment

So Brian, are all marques represented or is this mostly a Chevy collection?

Comment

EVERYTHING...

Including but not limited to:

Ford (vast quantities)
                    Chevy (big block Caprices and Impalas, LOTS of 1st Gen Camaros...hell...lots of everything)
                    Stude (1953 HD Truck)
                    Fiat (old Bertone X-19 covered in bushes)
                    Pugeout (old wagon)
                    Volvo (old wagon)
                    Packard (1958 model...ugly as sin)
                    Datsun (cherry 210)
                    Buick (highlights include a bad ass 1959 Invicta with a 445 in it)
                    Olds (330's a plenty)
                    Plymouth (enough to choke a crusher)
                    Dodge (see above)
                    Pontiac (hundreds but the 77 Can Am stuck out)
                    AMC (bunch O' AMXs)
                    International (cool Scouts)
                    Case (1961 loader he uses to "move stuff")
                    Checker (with the roof hacked off "for fun")

Am I forgetting anything?

Brian

Comment

Watch where you walk out there,'Bri.' Slip 'an break something,ya bought it ;D! ~OO6.

Comment

We spent 20 minutes without touching the ground at one point. We were walking on the roof of cars packed so tightly it was the only way to get around.

I REALLY think you guys will dig this first (and second) episode.

Brian

Comment

445 Nailhead = 4bbl 401cid. Sounds like a possible parts source for the new CJTV wagon. Did you spot any Rivieras in there?
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Yep...

Boat tails and earlier, present and accounted for.

He has console stuff and parts galore as well.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                            X