Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• record something going fast

this vid did something for me..
    the venom gt is insanely climbing to 200 in 15 seconds.

the back mounted camera: fail
    the inside camera: fail

the one that computes just how fast that thing is taking off.. the last shot with camera on the ground waiting for car to go by.

that was amazing.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Yeah, that's neat. And the speed from the ground shot, he'd only hit 4 gears so far. Outta sight speeding up, you can hear it. That's the cool thing about the Ohio Mile track, it's downhill and you can't se the finish line from the start line. But you can hear what's happening. The rain grooves in the runway make the tires sound just like a jet engine whine, LOUD. He's outta sight but still accelerating, hear that higher and higher pitched whine?

That in-car-through-the windshield angle was a waste that time because you couldn't see anything for the glare. I'm a huge fan of the in-car-windshield thing because I want to be the driver. You're right Barry, that one angle didn't work that one time. Unless that was just for the driver to be able to see the driver.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
      Yeah, that's neat. And the speed from the ground shot, he'd only hit 4 gears so far. Outta sight speeding up, you can hear it. That's the cool thing about the Ohio Mile track, it's downhill and you can't se the finish line from the start line. But you can hear what's happening. The rain grooves in the runway make the tires sound just like a jet engine whine, LOUD. He's outta sight but still accelerating, hear that higher and higher pitched whine?

That in-car-through-the windshield angle was a waste that time because you couldn't see anything for the glare. I'm a huge fan of the in-car-windshield thing because I want to be the driver. You're right Barry, that one angle didn't work that one time. Unless that was just for the driver to be able to see the driver.
      I'll try that sometime, not big speed of course, real roads.
      even a loaded 550 caterpillar rig with screams whining through the mirrors and antannaes does not do justice of how much and how fast is really flying by..
      that ground camera, that is something to use.

for several years, I have been trying to share the worlds slowest subaru to just 90mph. being associated with slow its whole life, the camera can't even reveal it is going quite alot faster today.

its more like 90 something in a quarter mile (that is a big deal for the little one).
      Previously boxer3main

Comment

At the rich track in Dawsonville there were so many money cars, and the vast majority of them had cameras stuck all over the cars, they looked like cop cars some of them. Not antennas, cameras... In-car, roof-of-car, fender-of-car, front, back, looked like the sucker fish stuck to the body of a shark. Everybody was shooting.

And I did it with the little Sony Bloggie rubber-banded to the GPS mount. The instructor asked, in seriousness, 'What IS that?"

A camera. "REALLY?" Yep, high def. It worked. Again.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

what really impresses me is that at 200+ the car looks smooth as silk...the driver is not fighting the wheel, no crazy vibration.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
            what really impresses me is that at 200+ the car looks smooth as silk...the driver is not fighting the wheel, no crazy vibration.
            that adds to how it it is "unreal"..
            us here know it is incredible, but showing regular world, its a bit misleading.

formula 1 screams, it sounds fast..supercars do too.
            it is funny, regular street car goals meeting super car results. the flat plane gt40 that did the 7s ina quarter.. quite amazing. again it took theground camera to comprehend how freakish fast that was.
            engine sounded so balanced and subtle.

I found a cheap camera called a bridge slr, lense hard mounted to camera for life, a bit tougher...at 120 fps , that is another aid in capturing reality of speed..high fps not emulated, but real high fps.
            Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
            X