Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 12-21-2012 thread... doing anything cool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 12-21-2012 thread... doing anything cool?

So , I am preparing for the end of the world and thought I would buy a new car since I won't have to pay for the damn thing anyway. I figured - hey, I won't be here to catch shit from SBG, so I might get a new Corvette...Then I thought, well scroooooo that. I quit my job instead, that'll teach them to cancel Earth.

You guys got anything cool you're gonna do for the end of the world? I may see if the Mustang will start open headered. WWWAHHHHH ... Fooop!

Oh - hey, does anybody know what time that is supposed to be anyway? Is it Eastern time or should I plan on GMT?
    Last edited by Beagle; December 5, 2012, 03:34 PM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    So , I am preparing for the end of the world and thought I would buy a new car since I won't have to pay for the damn thing anyway. I figured - hey, I won't be here to catch shit from SBG, so I might get a new Corvette...Then I thought, well scroooooo that. I quit my job instead, that'll teach them to cancel Earth.

You guys got anything cool you're gonna do for the end of the world? I may see if the Mustang will start open headered. WWWAHHHHH ... Fooop!

Oh - hey, does anybody know what time that is supposed to be anyway? Is it Eastern time or should I plan on GMT?
    I've done lots of research on it, and it will start on Eastern Time, sort of, but it will be a delayed reaction. Washington D.C. is ground zero and will be taken out entirely by a cosmic force we couldn't possibly understand. That won't destroy the grid by itself, and as the news of that spreads on TV and the internet, Americans will begin jumping up and down and partying so hard, it'll set off all of the earthquake fault lines and the earth will split into pie-sized pieces and sail off toward the moon.

That's how it will go, so there's no exact time frame for the total fracture. But yes, it begins on Eastern Time.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

being a friday, probably a movie.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
        being a friday, probably a movie.
        Being the 21st, probably more beer.

Comment

Eat, drink and be merry .... or was that GET Mary?..... don't remember
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I'm gonna shoot my little pellet gun straight up into the air and then try to find the pellet where it landed. I've always wanted to solve that one before the world ends.

Comment

Working. I'm thinking about having an end of the world movie marathon sometime in the near future though. Armagedon, 2012, maybe the first 2 Terminators, etc...
              Last edited by tedly; December 5, 2012, 04:28 PM.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

12/21..
                I check out steel welds that day. I love that day. the whole year of density gained...one day.

anyway, acoording to my computations, it should just be a superstorm in new jersey sometime last month.
                the air base is safe, 2100 miles exactly north of bangor maine.

Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

We should be okay, shouldn't have to suffer very long.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Apocolyse.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	865398

Comment

I got a camera so I can document the entire thing for the aliens that visit after humans are all long dead...

Comment

Maybe I should open the headers on the Mustang and drive around the neighborhood so at least *they* think the world really is coming to an end!!!!
                      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Actually, I'll be celebrating being ALIVE - it's my 10th. anniversary of the heart attack (at exactly 8:00 AM - I was switching channels). So any end of the world stuff - well I've already had 10 free years so I have no gripes.

I like Boxer's graphic, though. If I'm following it right Santa will take a pretty bad hit. I guess Armageddon has no favorites.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          Actually, I'll be celebrating being ALIVE - it's my 10th. anniversary of the heart attack (at exactly 8:00 AM - I was switching channels). So any end of the world stuff - well I've already had 10 free years so I have no gripes. Dan
                          Great outlook Dan, we're all here on borrowed time!
                          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                            Great outlook Dan, we're all here on borrowed time!

So true. I don't particularly need a life event to remind me. But the longer you go, the more reminders you have. The passing of a friend, family member or what have ya, and as you go along the more of those you have.

Every day is a gift and I try to treat each one as so. But it's so easy to forget to do that when you become consumed with daily troubles.

Comment

Has Marvin the Martian been consulted...I refuse to believe any of this end-of-world jabber unless it's proven Marvin is in.
                              Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Working...
                              X