Instructional Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instructional Video

I'll bet this guy knows exactly what he's talking about.

Is he a real mechanic, or is he reading from a script?

Note to self: Don't question this guy's acting ability or his masculinity.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Huh?
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      Huh?
      Okay, not enough information. Many years ago we had actors who came onto the paper machine floor to pose for photos for one of the things we use in a paper machine - cores. The core is what you wind the paper up on. The little paper tube that's left over when you're done with your toilet paper or paper towels? except we use bigger beefier ones because the roll of paper can weigh a ton or more and has to be run at high speed on a printing press.

So, anyhow, the core company sent some actors into our mill to pose in front of the equipment with staged lights and cameras and makeup for a magazine ad and look pretty. The caption was, "Cores? We have more than that to worry about."

The real hard-working papermakers had a great time with that.

I just don't believe the guy in the video is a real mechanic. That just reminded me too much of that.
      Last edited by pdub; December 5, 2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

PeeWee, you f'n whacko... But in all fairness, I do believe I heard the guy say "Bitch-Bleed" his master cylinder, you may be right, calling him out.

Do you know that when Gail and I finally do our cross-country trip in the '63 Wagoneer , we're planning on staying at your place for just-shy of a week? (I haven't told her yet) (2016, I think.)

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
          PeeWee, you f'n whacko... But in all fairness, I do believe I heard the guy say "Bitch-Bleed" his master cylinder, you may be right, calling him out.

Do you know that when Gail and I finally do our cross-country trip in the '63 Wagoneer , we're planning on staying at your place for just-shy of a week? (I haven't told her yet) (2016, I think.)
          Anytime is soon enough to visit Weeville, y'all are more than welcome here. Brian just didn't get it. You have to explain things to Yankees, more so than to others.
          Last edited by pdub; December 5, 2012, 07:35 PM.

Comment

it is funny to see eyes following cue cards instead of the camera.

instructions are only the beginning..
            self bleed cylinders are only 20 something years old.

20+ inches of vacuum changes the feel if the intake changes temperature..

my own has parking brake on the front disc brakes. That stumps nearly every rockhead mechanic there is...

useful for somebody, those things called "instructions."
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The instructions are reasonable and should get the backyard guy pointed in the right direction. He completely missed power bleeding, where you force the fluid backwards from the wheels under pressure - supposed to work pretty well but you need a fancy doo-dad to do it. Probably not a real mechanic - look at the fingernails. No way to tell about his masculinity.

Dam

Comment

At the shop i work for, we have a power bleeding system you can use for free. Basically its a hand-held pump that you connect to the bleeder valve at each wheel and you squeeze the handle to force brakefluid into the bleeder valve and all the way up through to the master cylinder.... Peewee- does Red have ABS? If so, you will NEED to use a power bleeder to successfully bleed that kind of system. I strongly suggest you buy a Haynes or Chilton's book for your stang and go through the bleeding procedure.... that is if you are actually gonna wrench on Red......If you are gonna pay someone to do it for you, then no need for the book of course.
                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
                X