Taking Stuff Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Stuff Back

Women it seems are more to shop than to "buy." Shop, shop shop. "Shopping" is not in my vocabulary. A visual case in point:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Buying Pants.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	879438

And Unit likes to shop and bring stuff home, and if it doesn't suit her or me as she originally envisioned it, she'll just take it back. Back to the store for a refund or exchange, no issue about it. I've never taken anything back in my life that I can remember.

Today I buzzed by the Dollar Stor close to the mill to pick up some frames for Red's road course photos. That's how fancy we are, Dollar Store frames. Hell, they're frames, I don't care.

This time they didn't have the 3-for-$5 dollar pack, they only had $2 apiece ones. Fancier ones, with real glass instead of thin plastic covering the photo. Whatever, need frames for the photos on the wall. Got three of them. Evidence below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture Frame.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	879439

Let me tellya....note the little round thing that brags that the certificate is ready for use. That made-in-China little sumbitch was pasted to the GLASS with JB Weld. The sticker tore apart, a blow dryer didn't help (that nearly always tames a sticker), and the glue patch that was left behind on the glass, no human can remove.

The frames are useless. I'm taking them back. Every other day of every other year I'd just get mad and throw them into the garbage and go on. But they need to know they are selling a completely useless product this time. Nobody can use those frames because of that sticker. They're going back, and I'm taking them back.

Unit said, "I'm proud of you Honey."
    Last edited by pdub; December 6, 2012, 05:08 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Don't balme you one bit, they are not useable as sold. Nice mall map!
    Robert

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

Did you try rubbing alcohol?
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
        Did you try rubbing alcohol?
        Yep, Sue Unit did when I got pissed. No effect.

I'll bet acetone would do it, but what lengths do you go to for a two-dollar product?
        Last edited by pdub; December 6, 2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Lots of adhesives come off with good ole cooking oil.......try it.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

SKEETS...seriously... Maybe not.. Don't want glass in the field

Comment

WD-40 and a razor blade, baby. WD-40 does everything! Seriously... was there ever a better invention?
              Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Originally posted by jcharliem View Post
                WD-40 and a razor blade, baby. WD-40 does everything! Seriously... was there ever a better invention?
                #6 of WD40's 1001 uses.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                  I'll bet acetone would do it, but what lengths do you go to for a two-dollar product?
                  A trip back outside to the store would be too much lengths for me.
                  Why not just leave out the glass instead, and save yourself $5 gasmoney and half an hour of your time?
                  www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

+ This or take it back. Its not like your going to teach the chinese a lesson. Dollar store will just put them back on the shelf where you got them. Friend of mine when he needs frames goes to Goodwill. Usually finds some cheap "art' prints framed. takes out the picture paints the frame black .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I got some nice ones at Costco but they were 2 for $15. But REALLY nice, with matting and all. They are hanging in my buddy Dave's shop with pics of Truck on the track in one and one of my record certificates in the other.

As far as taking it back - I WILL do that but it's rare. Definitely a primarily woman thing. Hopefully the Dollar Store folks will at least warn future purchasers that the darn things don't work.

Dan

Comment

Ahhh-MAZE-ing! Gosh, that sure DID work, instantly! Man, that's cool, thanks charlie!

Comment

Working...
                        X