Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Guys Seen This-Note to self: follow directions. LOL

Head Gasket WARNING!! Must Read!!

my engine had an oil leak around the CAS area but i thought it was the head gasket. I went to the parts store and bought an additive that said it would fix head gasket leaks.... bad idea. The car was losing preformance, did and 18.5 at the track, the lifters went crazy on me ticking as loud as they could scream and my oil pressure started jumping back and forth...

enough weedy weedy, let the pictures do the talking...
    pulled the engine

close up, here is the killer of my engine
    One of the responces:
    Wow, that sucks. Note to self, if my head gasket is blown, get a new head gasket.

edit: oh shit nvm, Note to self: follow directions.
    This guy didn't read the directions and then post a warning about his mistake-lol if you want to read the rest of it it's on this link> http://www.miataturbo.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21521

Re: Have You Guys Seen This-Note to self: follow directions. LOL

I'm gonna laugh loudly now. ;D ;D ;D He deserves it. Head gasket fix goes in cooling system not the oil.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

That's hilarious!

Comment

head gasket fix is take off head, put on new damn gasket.people who half ass shit deserve it, i mean there is cheap and there is stupid

Comment

This Guy definitely falls into the STUPID category. ;D ;D ;D

Possibly a lower category if available ;D

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

i would say retarded but i dont want to offend them for comparing them to him

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
              Head gasket fix goes in cooling system not the oil.
              ooOOoohh... ;D
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

:o WOW, that sucks! the 2 min it would have take to read the directions would have saved him thousands of dollars..bet e wont make that mistake again

Comment

I put sugar in my coffee, so if I put it in my gas tank ,,I will have a sweet ride? lol
                  Living the dream!

Comment

but guys never read directions, thats why they have us women, he obviously does not have a women to make him read the directions ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash
                      but guys never read directions, thats why they have us women, he obviously does not have a women to make him read the directions ;D ;D ;D
                      I'm the exception. I read directions. It's how I got the job rebuilding carbs. My boss saw me reading the directions while rebuilding my own carb. It's the only way my Ikea furniture looks and works like furniture.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I find directions much more informative after screwing up an install without them, although I wouldn't ever trust mechanics-in-a-bottle solutions (except those coolant stop-leak pills seems to work pretty good - but only in the radiator! ;)).
                        Tampa, FL

Comment

Oh Seth there are several levels below Stupid...

Thug, artichoke, Sub Artichoke... I'll give you a visual demonstration of Sub-Artichoke...

Picture what would happen if you said "yes I want you to Sweep up the stairs to this guy "

Yep... seen it... same Darwin Candidate put Hydraulic Fluid in my helicopter... I just happened to see him having trouble and asked what was Up... and there you go...

K

Comment

Let's just hope this guy has already been 'snipped' or will be in the future - so he cannot pollute the gene pool!
                            At least he felt confident enough to publish to the world his lack of direction reading prowess!

WOW --

And I'm another exception to the rule about guys not reading directions - I read the directions for everything -- ditto on the carb kits and ikea furniture!
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Oh, damn...I haven't laughed that hard since the SRTForums.net thread a couple years ago about some kid admitting to the Internet that his dad caught him "fwap"-ping.

I choked laughing when I saw the "badass" 152 hp. Elantra. Overkill, man, ya only really need maybe 90 or so...<dies laughing again>
                              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                              X