• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this might explain something

why its hard to find og parts now days lol

some old street stock crashes and a few old modified crashes
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

At 2:17, you know you're at a redneck track when you run off the track and hit a tree.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

What do those thing weigh? It's incredible how easily they flip in the dirt. I'm guess the sense of speed isn't apparent in lots of them.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

4:48 is classic - just look at the driver's throttle skills.

Man, that's rich. Super post Charles! I'm loving it.

Comment

You can see that kind of action every weekend during the Summer at I55 Raceway in Pevely, MO.
          Owned by Kenny Schrader......sometimes the Wallace brothers will show and drive.
          Photog heaven Charles.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Thom, I'd think by now EVERYBODY can drive better than the guys in that video. That's just plain hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              What do those thing weigh? It's incredible how easily they flip in the dirt. I'm guess the sense of speed isn't apparent in lots of them.
              they get light adding the cage.. I learned that with a friends cutlass gone race car.
              speedway 95 bangor maine had cars like that, well beaten cars..
              I actually crumpled an ss into a 12 inch wide driver side seat..about 40mph, on a 6 inch stubborn pine. my last year with the
              g-body..and actually v8s entirely.

would do an LS of course, I don't give up too easy.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

dirt tracks arent known for being smooth, i blew out a shock crossing over Manzanita to get to the pits to unload one night, tracks get rutted up big time, thats where ALOT of those lazy roll overs come from, then the others are just piss poor throttle control
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                  dirt tracks arent known for being smooth, i blew out a shock crossing over Manzanita to get to the pits to unload one night, tracks get rutted up big time, thats where ALOT of those lazy roll overs come from, then the others are just piss poor throttle control
                  Again, 4:48 is classic. That's just....HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Charles you made my day with that video, and it's been a long hard one. Yep, that's my smile for the day. Too bad the bloke bent up the car he worked so hard on, doing THAT with it!

EDIT: Doing that "TO" it." There's a better way around ANY track.
                  Last edited by pdub; December 7, 2012, 08:55 PM.

Comment

That's why I don't race around corners. Can't stand to bend up my cars.

And listen to Mr. Racecar Peewee!

Dan

Comment

That's great footage......"you ain't racing if you ain't rubbing"
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

alot of fun but it is so expensive!!! I loved racing in the dirt
                        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman71 View Post
                          alot of fun but it is so expensive!!! I loved racing in the dirt
                          I believe I could revel in that too, I'd love it.

In the early 80's I hung out with some guys who were doing it, mini-stock. Volkswagens. Bugs and Ghias. Spent a lot of time at the dirt track in Lancaster SC just tagging along. Just there. I was a groupie. Didn't have the means to drive.

But yeah, that's got to be a helluva lot of fun. I was thinking then a lot of fun to watch them bend stuff they'd worked on, but now I'm thinking that would be a lot of fun to get out there and DO.

Comment

Working...
                          X