Christmas Parties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Parties

Who has one to go to? Or been to one this year?
    Ours is tonight for Imperial Transport, its the second year with this company, it should be good, a rented hall and BYOB(only 3/4 mile from the house,to much to drink and we will walk home), a bunch of truck drivers, tanker drivers at that. Details to come, pics to show if anyone gets naked.
    But really its pretty good, plenty of food, lots of giveaways and bonus checks, yeah money is always good.

I have my work's Christmas party tonight as well. They are renting out the 'Tree House" at John Ball Park Zoo here in Grand Rapids, MI. Free food and drink, and usually, if too impaired, taxi's will be provided to those who need them. I've been with this company for 3 years now, and my dad for 31 years. We drive semi (curtainsides and van trailers), and will get together with all the warehouse, sales people, and office personnel for the party. As a side note, the company is Monsma Marketing, wholesale building supplies.

Comment

We are having a un sanctioned on at my working partners house tonight for our department. Four of us and wifes. It'll be quite.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
        We are having a un sanctioned on at my working partners house tonight for our department. Four of us and wifes. It'll be quite.
        Sure , thats how it starts.
        Have fun though!

Comment

my wifes company party was last week, very nice spread in a fancy hotel on the lake, where i work were doing a gift exchange - whoopity doo
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Unit and I were talking about this subject today - I have one to go to, the office party. All the folks in HR, it's a simple thing.

EXCEPT, you have to bring a $25 present to play Dirty Christmas. That's always a bitch, what does somebody else want?

Easiest way out - scratch and sniff lottery tickets. Yeah, no shopping involved and it makes for a fun few minutes at the table and everybody goes home.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
              Unit and I were talking about this subject today - I have one to go to, the office party. All the folks in HR, it's a simple thing.

EXCEPT, you have to bring a $25 present to play Dirty Christmas. That's always a bitch, what does somebody else want?

Easiest way out - scratch and sniff lottery tickets. Yeah, no shopping involved and it makes for a fun few minutes at the table and everybody goes home.
              Best 25 buck gift?.. The most foul tasting wine you can find, and call it "French" !!

Comment

Just got back from ours .... Maggiano's .... Our grand junction crew came over too. Good times, good food, and lots of laughter.
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Our company Christmas parties have historically been not much more than a bbq/lunch thing. Since we are a 24/7 company; many don't get to attend.

I'm invited to go to a friend's/coworker's party next Saturday at their place. I am planning to attend. My social life has been non existent lately.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

We used to have Christmas parties. They did a classy deal, usually with a cellist or something, and no alchohol. We haven't had a Christmas banquet in a few years because the guy who is supposed to be in charge of getting it together got pissed about something and quit making the arrangements.

That is way cool with me.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      Best 25 buck gift?.. The most foul tasting wine you can find, and call it "French" !!
                      Did that too, I think it was last year. A bottle of wine and the good Doctor took it after I stole the car wash collection. First time I'd ever had a car I was interested in washing. So it all worked out.

But to your point Bob, the most foul-tasting wine in the world is anything in a bottle with a label on it that says, "Wine."
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
                        We used to have Christmas parties. They did a classy deal, usually with a cellist or something, and no alchohol. We haven't had a Christmas banquet in a few years because the guy who is supposed to be in charge of getting it together got pissed about something and quit making the arrangements.

That is way cool with me.
                        probably because it's a HUGE pain in the ass and instead of hearing "Thank you for doing this" they hear "Why didn't you" ? It's kind of like your car, you do all the work, you try and make it where other people will like it to (yeah, sure, you do it for yourself, but you WANT other people to like it, be honest.) and they say "Why didn't you"

I've seen what it takes and helped setup for a small party of 400-600, it's exhausting. 10 people will say Thank You and mean it. 100 will bitch about something. Do that on top of everything else you are supposed to get done in the day, you have to be almost sick.

Ours will probably have about 1000 or so visitors this year, I will likely not be one of them. I tend to get "talky" when lubricated with alcohol, not a good thing with our current environment and the odds of me getting involved in a conversation with boss boss or something. I used to enjoy it, now I figure it just costs me money. I'm not real good at brown nosing.

Oh hey, speaking of not appropriate for Office party jokes - you know the difference between brown nosing and ass kissing? Depth Perception!
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Well I made it safely back home after the party last night, the food was good, the atmosphere was getting good but then it came time to go home, isnt that how it always is? Our Boss always gifts us with shirts, hats and such. Must have been a good year , our bonus check was bigger than last year and we also came away with a Carhart type jacket logoed out with our and company name, he did more this year than last, very surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

Oh hey, speaking of not appropriate for Office party jokes - you know the difference between brown nosing and ass kissing? Depth Perception!
                            Been awhile since I heard that one.

No Xmas party to go to since I work out of my house......but we do a little thing every year
                            for close friends and car buddies.
                            Lots of work but also lots of fun.

Oh.......and a good 2007 Syrah or Cabernet anytime for me.
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Ours is Friday,during work @noon. They,we, have just sort of fell out of the whole "Holiday Party"(USAF PC) thing over the last 6 years or so. Our unit is about 600 civilians,aircraft maintenence,and moral is in the dumps and going lower. 2 years ago they took a head count of who was INTERESTED in an off site party and 9 people responded yes,and less than 50 responded at all!

So being the Wing (command unit) allows our unit a budget of $ for things that should raise moral we clean out a hanger and run over to grab a plate while waiting for the next aircraft to break ,wolf our food down and back to work.....yes the rest of the wing,5 flying sqaudrons, is still working and flying while we our enjoying our party.

So yes I'm going to a "party".

rant off

Comment

Working...
                              X