Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nesabo
    replied
    My office has a lunch next week. Been doing it for years. Go grab a plate of something, go back to work.

Wife work had one on Saturday at a "fancy" (for NE OH). It was ok, since I do not have to work with them I did not have to be to socially acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• gearhead1218
    replied
    Had our car club party just last night with about 40 people.
    Had it at the local fire hall. catered in beef and chicken, then a dish to pass and byob. Good time had by all.

My work will have an informal get-together on the 20th. Cocktails and munchies at a local bar.

Leave a comment:

• antmnte
    replied
    None for work but we have our Knights of Columbus party next Saturday 2 blocks from my house,covered dish lots of friends and drinking should be good!!!
    Last edited by antmnte; December 9, 2012, 07:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hoofhearted
    replied
    The Woodstock car club is getting together at Buffalos southwest grill. We are bringing toys for the Toys For Tots. Wings and beer, what a way to celebrate.

Leave a comment:

• tedly
    replied
    The team a little ways down from us at work has a bunch of ladies that love to have potluck lunches with tons of homemade food on special occasions. I slip them some money instead of bringing anything and gorge myself on good eats during lunch break. That's about the extent of my holiday office party.
    For the family get together, Mom's not wanting to cook this year so it l may get volunteered to do it. Time to start digging through the recipe books.

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    Went to the UPWBAoA last night... Was fun and exciting.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by peewee View Post
    Did that too, I think it was last year. A bottle of wine and the good Doctor took it after I stole the car wash collection. First time I'd ever had a car I was interested in washing. So it all worked out.

But to your point Bob, the most foul-tasting wine in the world is anything in a bottle with a label on it that says, "Wine."
    Gotta try Dandelion wine... Otherwise. Yeah. Wine= puking

Leave a comment:

• Cyclone03
    replied
    Ours is Friday,during work @noon. They,we, have just sort of fell out of the whole "Holiday Party"(USAF PC) thing over the last 6 years or so. Our unit is about 600 civilians,aircraft maintenence,and moral is in the dumps and going lower. 2 years ago they took a head count of who was INTERESTED in an off site party and 9 people responded yes,and less than 50 responded at all!

So being the Wing (command unit) allows our unit a budget of $ for things that should raise moral we clean out a hanger and run over to grab a plate while waiting for the next aircraft to break ,wolf our food down and back to work.....yes the rest of the wing,5 flying sqaudrons, is still working and flying while we our enjoying our party.

So yes I'm going to a "party".

rant off

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post

Oh hey, speaking of not appropriate for Office party jokes - you know the difference between brown nosing and ass kissing? Depth Perception!
    Been awhile since I heard that one.

No Xmas party to go to since I work out of my house......but we do a little thing every year
    for close friends and car buddies.
    Lots of work but also lots of fun.

Oh.......and a good 2007 Syrah or Cabernet anytime for me.

Leave a comment:

• realsteelfreak
    replied
    Well I made it safely back home after the party last night, the food was good, the atmosphere was getting good but then it came time to go home, isnt that how it always is? Our Boss always gifts us with shirts, hats and such. Must have been a good year , our bonus check was bigger than last year and we also came away with a Carhart type jacket logoed out with our and company name, he did more this year than last, very surprised.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
    We used to have Christmas parties. They did a classy deal, usually with a cellist or something, and no alchohol. We haven't had a Christmas banquet in a few years because the guy who is supposed to be in charge of getting it together got pissed about something and quit making the arrangements.

That is way cool with me.
    probably because it's a HUGE pain in the ass and instead of hearing "Thank you for doing this" they hear "Why didn't you" ? It's kind of like your car, you do all the work, you try and make it where other people will like it to (yeah, sure, you do it for yourself, but you WANT other people to like it, be honest.) and they say "Why didn't you"

I've seen what it takes and helped setup for a small party of 400-600, it's exhausting. 10 people will say Thank You and mean it. 100 will bitch about something. Do that on top of everything else you are supposed to get done in the day, you have to be almost sick.

Ours will probably have about 1000 or so visitors this year, I will likely not be one of them. I tend to get "talky" when lubricated with alcohol, not a good thing with our current environment and the odds of me getting involved in a conversation with boss boss or something. I used to enjoy it, now I figure it just costs me money. I'm not real good at brown nosing.

Oh hey, speaking of not appropriate for Office party jokes - you know the difference between brown nosing and ass kissing? Depth Perception!

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Best 25 buck gift?.. The most foul tasting wine you can find, and call it "French" !!
    Did that too, I think it was last year. A bottle of wine and the good Doctor took it after I stole the car wash collection. First time I'd ever had a car I was interested in washing. So it all worked out.

But to your point Bob, the most foul-tasting wine in the world is anything in a bottle with a label on it that says, "Wine."

Leave a comment:

• Schtauffer
    replied
    We used to have Christmas parties. They did a classy deal, usually with a cellist or something, and no alchohol. We haven't had a Christmas banquet in a few years because the guy who is supposed to be in charge of getting it together got pissed about something and quit making the arrangements.

That is way cool with me.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Our company Christmas parties have historically been not much more than a bbq/lunch thing. Since we are a 24/7 company; many don't get to attend.

I'm invited to go to a friend's/coworker's party next Saturday at their place. I am planning to attend. My social life has been non existent lately.

Leave a comment:

• Bamfster
    replied
    Just got back from ours .... Maggiano's .... Our grand junction crew came over too. Good times, good food, and lots of laughter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X