Things are so Different Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things are so Different Now

So my gas jug is empty but Junior the Mower has a little left in the tank. It's been so warm that the weeds and wild onions are growing again (in December), I'll just take a few laps around the yard. Whoo-Hooh! Road course, no pattern or thought to it, just burning the rest of the gas in Junior's tank. A kid on a go kart.

I want to run Junior dry. Isn't that the right thing to do for the winter?

Our back yard, though small, is like moonscape. About a 6-foot change in elevation. I got to going so fast, I was reminded of when I got thrown out of a golf cart one time, drunk, raising hell and doing the same thing on the side of a hill on hole number 6 in SC all by myself.

So I slowed down. Got tired of that and parked Junior behind the house, engine running full throttle. I want to empty the tank. So now we're bound to bother the neighbors, motor running wide open for a long time. I don't really give a shit. They've been running Corvette's with no muffler, and nail guns and ...I don't really give a shit.

So I sat on the porch smoking and drinking beer, waiting for Junior's gas tank to run dry. And it did. Sputter, sputter, quit. Done.

I was sitting there on the porch, and from all the old school thinking I have (you young kids won't understand this), as soon as Junior's motor ran out of gas I felt compelled to run over to him and turn the ignition off. QUICK! Or you'll burn the points!

I'll bet that doesn't make any sense, but that's what I thought.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Electronic ignition.. No points to burn, my friend..
    But it was so ingrained in you, you had to..
    How did you keep it running? Grease rag?
    I use Sta-bil in the gas year round in my mowers.. Have not had to monkey with th annual carb rebuilding since I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Electronic ignition.. No points to burn, my friend..
      That's what I mean. As long as I've been here on BS, I've played the dumbass, and I am. But it's really about what I used to know doesn't count anymore. I've changed a whole lot of disc brake pads when they needed it. But that was before ABS. And back when you could open the hood and see the engine.

What I used to know doesn't count anymore.

Comment

Well said Peewee, well said!
        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

All my "knowledge" is basically obsolete.. Except on my junk..

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            That's what I mean. As long as I've been here on BS, I've played the dumbass, and I am. But it's really about what I used to know doesn't count anymore. I've changed a whole lot of disc brake pads when they needed it. But that was before ABS. And back when you could open the hood and see the engine.

Not quite ... basic mechanical skill and knowledge can still be useful, don't sell yourself short. You still have an understanding of what happens when you turn the key of a gasoline powered motorized contraption, air, fuel, spark, compression.

cheers
            Ed
            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

it still counts..it is one of the reasons bangshift gathers. the past is now.

I like when you comment on your weather..
              stuff growing in TN is setting up for another big contrast of something.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That's what I mean. As long as I've been here on BS, I've played the dumbass, and I am.
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post

Cheif Seattle? ... So Pdub's the cheif of Bang Shift?

Dunno where he gets off calling dumbass....
                    Last edited by Deaf Bob; December 8, 2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                      What? What's wrong with that? I'm good with it. I'm okay with all of it.

Comment

Cheif Seattle? ... So Pdub's the cheif of Bang Shift?
                        Dammit Bob, you're messin up my karma stuff, dadgummit.

Comment

Dammit Bob, you're messin up my karma stuff, dadgummit.
                          HOW! (side wave)

And how am I?

Comment

HOW! (side wave)

And how am I?
                            I can't breathe, I'm laughing so hard.......I'mlaughig too hard to do smileys.....goggamighty

Comment

I can't breathe, I'm laughing so hard.......I'mlaughig too hard to do smileys.....goggamighty
                              Do bad, bad is sent up on you...
                              Do good, the good falls upon your lap
                              No matter how much you try to be mean.. You are just so gol durnt sweet!

Comment

Working...
                              X