Nu Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nu Finish

Red's been sleeping in the garage since I washed him and did the clay bar thing. Red, fat and happy.

So I want the best easiest thing to use to finish the job. That's where I am in life, the least physical effort.

Red and I went to Auto Zone today. I've already made it clear that I don't "shop." Let's say today I "researched" what was on the shelf. Hmmmmmm. The big bag if microfiber cloths was easy but...

Nu Finish. The easiest thing in the world it seems from all that was on the shelf. You rub it on, wait for it to dry, and then you rub it off. I said RUB it off. Not buff. Easy.

It makes the car shine as good as anything in the world. And I'm sure it's protected for a whole year, as they say.

But it doesn't pass the rag test. The rag doesn't slide off of the hood when you toss it on there because Nu Finish doesn't contain any wax.

So,......baffled again.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Mothers will pass the rag test.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
      Mothers will pass the rag test.
      How hard do you have to rub? I'm tired of rubbing.

Comment

Can you wax on top of NU Finish?
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
          Can you wax on top of NU Finish?
          If you have to, what's the point? That's what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            How hard do you have to rub? I'm tired of rubbing.
            As long as you have a good base of wax on the paint, not hard at all. I've got a bunch of bottles of it "free" from PT I'll send you one.

Matt

Comment

As long as you have a good base of wax on the paint, not hard at all. I've got a bunch of bottles of it "free" from PT I'll send you one.
              Don't send it, bring it!

Comment

These guys make probably the best car care finish products ever. http://www.zainostore.com/

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                  Don't send it, bring it!
                  It'll be March when I get back to the land of sweet tea and proper BBQ!

Matt

Comment

It'll be March when I get back to the land of sweet tea and proper BBQ!
                    Nu Finish is supposed to last at least that long. Looking forward to it Matt. The pool table is saying, "Maaaaaatt....Matt...."

And the fridge is saying "Beeeeeeerrrr, beeer"

Great things in life come to those who wait.

Comment

We're supposed to wax our hot rods? Wow.... Is 11 years too long to wait?
                      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I use this
                        Official website of Collinite Corporation-manufacturers of car, boat and industrial waxes since 1936.

#845 .works great easy to come off and really durable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                          We're supposed to wax our hot rods? Wow.... Is 11 years too long to wait?
                          Wow 11 years.LOL.Bamfstr would you say my cars pass the towel test? Heres why.Ive used this stuuf for years

http://www.meguiars.com/en/professio...-liquid-1-gal/ Yes I order it by the gallon.3 cars that get a Dawn wash and wax every 3 months whether they need it or not.Very easy to use product.

Comment

I own a car that will literally need to be bathed in brake kleen to resemble anything close to "white" again.
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                              I own a car that will literally need to be bathed in brake kleen to resemble anything close to "white" again.
                              Brian try washing with Soft scrub then hitting with a buffer and some cleaner wax.

Comment

Working...
                              X