What happens to T.V. Hosts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to T.V. Hosts?

I see the current crop of guys / Jessie moving around from show to show, but wonder what happens that causes old car guys to just disappear?

The latest example, Rick Bacon from Muscle Car - they never say why, like Lou Santiago for another example, is replaced and now Rick disappears with no comment.

4x4 is another example, I know Jessie got hurt, then she's on MythBusters, now doing some other stuff, confuses the hell out of me.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

I hear you, I also think Sam Memmolo from two guys garage should have his own show. Lou Santiago was on another show but I havent seen it in a while.

Comment

Probably the nature of the business.......maybe they think
      it's a good career change.
      Memmolo is on several programs isn't he?
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Memmolo had two guys and shade tree but he isnt on now,probably because hes not "cool" but hes good at what he does,I think he did a few product endorsements.

Comment

I wonder the same things
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The word "cool".
            I dont even stop and surf past Two Guys Garage. Willie B who the heck is this guy? He knows less about what hes presenting than I do. I want to have comentary from somebody who knows the subject and doesn't have to spin it,and himself,into something that he thinks is "way cool". Then theres the other guy......

Comment

Jessie was on Mythbusters as a fill in when the other girl decided to grow some belly fruit

now Jessie is hosting All Girls Garage - not a bad show either

alot of them is contract disputes, creative freedom, go make more money elsewhere or just tired of the B.S. that goes into filming a tv show
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Every one of these hosts have their own websites. You may need to read between the lines; but for the most part, the answers are right in their bios.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
                  The word "cool".
                  I dont even stop and surf past Two Guys Garage. Willie B who the heck is this guy? He knows less about what hes presenting than I do. I want to have comentary from somebody who knows the subject and doesn't have to spin it,and himself,into something that he thinks is "way cool". Then theres the other guy......
                  Willie B - buahahahhahahaha -- holy hell. Yeah, that's a CLICK.. Oooh, the Food Channel is having a baked bean expo!

I've heard some things there, apparently he doesn't garner the respect from others that he has for himself.

Scott - I read their stuff, and the between the lines is inference on my part. I don't think they'll come out and say what the problem was, and I kind of respect them for that.

Dave and Sam doing the two guys garage was a LONG time ago, but I liked Dave. Sam is irritating, but they balanced each other out.

The new guy on Muscle Car last week says "When the carb opens up and you get vacuum, it changes the timing" - I was gonna let it go but then he said "When you get off the gas and the vacuum goes away" and I was reaching for the remote.

Ahh well, sad there's not a feedback mechanism that gets past the bean counters... product placement at it's best. Sigh.

Comment

progressive vacuum does go away throttle closed. not many american motors chose it..
                    my old sube has both..

I was thinking of the local news anchors that walked away on air locally. I wonder where they end up...
                    talk about a familiar routine for viewers..a daily anchor.

I was like that with jay leno, and carson.. I was even sad when carson was done. his type of silly and tv is no longer. I am more a jay leno in real life... nice to see dynamical.
                    the lady host in the car world. I don't have tv, but would watch if I did.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                      Willie B - buahahahhahahaha -- holy hell. Yeah, that's a CLICK.. Oooh, the Food Channel is having a baked bean expo!

I've heard some things there, apparently he doesn't garner the respect from others that he has for himself.

Scott - I read their stuff, and the between the lines is inference on my part. I don't think they'll come out and say what the problem was, and I kind of respect them for that.

Dave and Sam doing the two guys garage was a LONG time ago, but I liked Dave. Sam is irritating, but they balanced each other out.

The new guy on Muscle Car last week says "When the carb opens up and you get vacuum, it changes the timing" - I was gonna let it go but then he said "When you get off the gas and the vacuum goes away" and I was reaching for the remote.

Ahh well, sad there's not a feedback mechanism that gets past the bean counters... product placement at it's best. Sigh.
                      It is not smart to bad mouth your former employer in public if you want to continue working in the industry. It is pretty obvious that Jessi Coombs did not return to Extreme 4x4 after her injury. Whether she felt the producers put her in a dangerous situation that nearly got her killed or paralyzed is between them. The answer could be whether or not those producers are still making tv shows. If not, it could no one will work with them, or they are not insurable.

Mostly, the stories I hear to why a star of a show does not return is anything from wanting more money to just not happy about the work environment to wanting to grow as an artist.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I think they run out of gas and liquids start leaking from various parts of their body's. Maybe a little rust also.
                        OH YEAH
                        Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                          It is not smart to bad mouth your former employer in public if you want to continue working in the industry. It is pretty obvious that Jessi Coombs did not return to Extreme 4x4 after her injury. Whether she felt the producers put her in a dangerous situation that nearly got her killed or paralyzed is between them. The answer could be whether or not those producers are still making tv shows. If not, it could no one will work with them, or they are not insurable.

Mostly, the stories I hear to why a star of a show does not return is anything from wanting more money to just not happy about the work environment to wanting to grow as an artist.
                          what happened to the Jesse chick on the 4x4 show? injury?
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

She had back problems, she could not lift anything or go out on the tails fearing she would hurt her back more. She is now on the "new" Overhauling with Foose.
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by hoofhearted View Post
                              I think they run out of gas and liquids start leaking from various parts of their body's. Maybe a little rust also.
                              best answer!

Jesse's deal I never looked up, I knew she got hurt - looked at her bio today:

In a widely publicized accident in 2007, while working on Xtreme 4x4, Jessi was folded in two by a large piece of machinery, burst fracturing her spine's L3.

YIKES.

Comment

Working...
                              X