humble xmas car list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humble xmas car list

I was browsing hemmings, love the v12..have not got past the ferraris yet..

this one is less than 100k.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	12204881-620-0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	879447

back then, as most of us may know..the four lamps was not a gimmick.

at that price, I'd update the plenum to get away from the recycling heatrise (as seen on the 1969)..thats about it.

anybody wander away from american? I don't speak of that wish list.. my own is too common.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

I've got a taste for 80's/90's Aston Martins with V8 or V12...either DB7 or Vantage.
    Last edited by BangShift McT; December 10, 2012, 05:07 PM.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

If I ever buy a kit car - this would be the one I would buy a kit car of.

Austin-Healy 3000. I know they were fattened up by then, but I still dig them.

Turk has a 100m I believe...

Daytona, I liked before miami vice - they have good clean lines to my way of thinking:

and if we're talking about Italian farm animals, this one always struck my fancy:

Last edited by Beagle; December 10, 2012, 06:13 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Countach, 911 Turbo, Daytona, Pantera, E Type, I love em all.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

One of these, Ferrari 512 Berlinetta. Riding my bike to school in the 7th grade I'd pedal right past the local Ferrari dealership here in Newport and one just like this sat in the showroom for a month. I'd sit in class fantasizing about driving down PCH in it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ferrari_512BB_Berlinetta_Boxer_1978_thumb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	865488
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

The Daytona and the 308 are the only Ferraris I like. I never like any of the Jags. Astons look good, but I always thought they seemed underpowered for "supercars". Lambos were always just "out there", if you know what I mean. I'm a major fanboy of the 911's, though. That's the only car that still gets me giddy when I see one.

At 6'4" 300lbs., though, I've learned to accept the fact that even if I could afford an exotic car like that, I would have a hard time fitting in one, and probably wouldn't be comfortable if I did fit.

I guess I'll just stick with big American Musclecars and classic trucks. lol
            "Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

If I ever buy a kit car - this would be the one I would buy a kit car of.

Austin-Healy 3000. I know they were fattened up by then, but I still dig them.

Turk has a 100m I believe...

Daytona, I liked before miami vice - they have good clean lines to my way of thinking:

and if we're talking about Italian farm animals, this one always struck my fancy:

Ditto on the Austin.......sweet!
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I can't think of anything foreign I'd want to own & drive. (gives me a sick feeling)
                I would like a Hardcastle & McCormick Coyote w/mid-engine V8 though...

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
                  I can't think of anything foreign I'd want to own & drive. (gives me a sick feeling)
                  I would like a Hardcastle & McCormick Coyote w/mid-engine V8 though...

That'd be the best way to go!
                  Last edited by Deaf Bob; December 10, 2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick68 View Post
                    The Daytona and the 308 are the only Ferraris I like. I never like any of the Jags. Astons look good, but I always thought they seemed underpowered for "supercars". Lambos were always just "out there", if you know what I mean. I'm a major fanboy of the 911's, though. That's the only car that still gets me giddy when I see one.

At 6'4" 300lbs., though, I've learned to accept the fact that even if I could afford an exotic car like that, I would have a hard time fitting in one, and probably wouldn't be comfortable if I did fit.

I guess I'll just stick with big American Musclecars and classic trucks. lol
                    I had heard of that..size complaints. american is not all that big either, they puffed out some sheets..eye candy. when sedans actually were meant for passenger, that is where big people cars left off.
                    my 87 subaru looking like a tiny tin can has more room than a chevy blazer..thin doors hide it. illusions everywhere.

the funny part of old v12 and concepts of super cars..they used more cylinders to get over tuning errors, even jay leno identified a modern four cylinder in technology is faster than an old v12...

I'd buy for history, and my love of downdraft on the cams meant to let it happen.

I do also look for sedan/coupe regular appearance more than superleggera...but ferrari/lambos overlapped that too, those old ones are very expensive machines today.
                    Previously boxer3main

Comment

The last year the Daytonas were sold in the US, I did the emissions Cert, which back then included a 26 mile road course. It was Heaven! What folks don't realize about Ferrari is that the fit and finish is also amazing, like an Italian suit. Yes, they are fussy to maintain but when I hit the Lotto......

Dan

Comment

from the past wanting more cylinders to overcome nature..a ferrari v12 on one side of my garage..
                        to the cross between a ferdinand porsche dream and TC's battle with a bridge to make electric..

I'd go with this.

being a bacyard hack..catching onto physics I know does not get defined leaves me searching primitively..a bit like TC.

the other wish in my garage is the benz crank boxers..any and all. vw, corvair, old subaru..
                        to really analyze my lack of words..ferdinands pursuit out loud is close.
                        and my own selfish pursuit:
                        benz crank 90 degree v8. not flat plane, no shared journal..
                        I'd build a non-siamese full water, benz crank for a small 90 degree v8...
                        put it in american chassis of old steel
                        Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 11, 2012, 09:05 PM.
                        Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                        X