1950-1960

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950-1960

When Unit's mom was alive, she forwarded me so much stuff that I've used on Weeville, forwards of forwards. When Mum passed away I realized I would miss all of that stuff, including missing Mum most of all.

The lady who was doing the forwards is still alive, a child of the '30's and she and Mum had been friends since childhood. She's had heart bypasses and all of that and she's still happening.

I've never met her, but after Mum's passing I told her via email the story about Mum forwarding all of her stuff to me, and would she please add me to her distribution list?

She did just that. And is still doing it. Here's another one.

This is a big PowerPoint show, 9.6 megs since it has the dated music to go with it.

I was born in 1957. Even so, I can recognize some of the things in the presentation, I remember them being modern. And there are cars, too. You can't do a time capsule of any era without some cars.

EDIT: I goes better if you click to make it go forward. It's a .pps, but if it advances by itself, that's too long to wait to see all of the photos.
    Last edited by pdub; December 13, 2012, 04:46 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I was not born until 75 and I can remeber some of that stuff. Cool slide show PW.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Peewee I was born in 51 and remember all of that. Thanks for the jog in memory. I remember the Woolworth menu like it was yesterday. Thanks again.
      Solutions are often obvious once you get the questions right.

Comment

Working...
      X