This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
    I'm against gun control laws, I own firearms and practice with them often.

HOWEVER - doesn't data from more strict gun control countries show pretty clearly that stricter gun control laws reduced gun-related deaths by huge numbers?
    No. http://www.cato.org/publications/com...yths-realities
    http://gunowners.org/sk0703.htm

Mexico has some of the strictest anti-weapons laws in the world. http://tijuana.usconsulate.gov/tijuana/warning.html Yet in that gun-controller's paradise, thousands have died at the hands of armed drug cartels. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-10681249

Comment

But all the guns in Mexico are our fault (U.S.). Just like the drug war is our fault. well maybe the drugs is our fault.

Comment

I think expressing sympathy for the victims of this tragedy is great. I also think that this is maybe one post from religion and politics.

Please, step back from the politics and simply deal with the grief from these horrific crimes.

Peace
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Guys, can I totally interrupt this?

I don't own a gun. Don't tell anybody. Maybe some nut will rob and kill us because they know I don't.

But guns don't kill people. You can kill people with a baseball bat or a frying pan or even a belt buckle if you take it off of your hip and swing it hard enough.

PEOPLE kill people. Crazy people kill people.
          Last edited by pdub; December 14, 2012, 05:59 PM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

No cure for a mentally ill person who kills children( or anybody) We have become immune to violence. Video games, movies,music all have a higher content of killing. What was the body count in the last action movie u saw? I feel for the family's who lost a child today. Nothing will ever be normal again. I'm sitting here listing to the talking heads on tv. The problem is deeper than making laws. It is not guns or gun laws. They do not get it. It's the decline of western civilization.....
            used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

So as crazy as this is, my son comes home from school today to tell me that a kid brought a gun to school today and was waving it out the window on the bus after school before the bus left the school and apparently before school officials could get to the bus a group of kids got off the bus and waked away which included the kid with the gun, the Principle and 4 other bus drivers searched the bus and the backpacks of the kids that were remaining on the bus but no gun was found, though multiple kids saw it... This shit is getting CRAZY!!!!!........ Part of me doesn't want to let him go back to that school on Monday..........
              Last edited by TC; December 14, 2012, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I also think that this is maybe one post from religion and politics.
                Gee.... that would be YOUR post, wouldn't it?
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Whalen View Post
                  No cure for a mentally ill person who kills children( or anybody) We have become immune to violence. Video games, movies,music all have a higher content of killing. What was the body count in the last action movie u saw? I feel for the family's who lost a child today. Nothing will ever be normal again. I'm sitting here listing to the talking heads on tv. The problem is deeper than making laws. It is not guns or gun laws. They do not get it. It's the decline of western civilization.....
                  This is true, and was the consensus among my friends tonight. Could not have said it better.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                    So as crazy as this is, my son comes home from school today to tell me that a kid brought a gun to school today and was waving it out the window on the bus after school before the bus left the school and apparently before school officials could get to the bus a group of kids got off the bus and waked away which included the kid with the gun, the Principle and 4 other bus drivers searched the bus and the backpacks of the kids that were remaining on the bus but no gun was found, though multiple kids saw it... This shit is getting CRAZY!!!!!........ Part of me doesn't want to let him go back to that school on Monday..........
                    It's all horrifying, and scary shit. An isolated event, yes it happened.

Is it going to affect our day tomorrow? It sure did today, our thoughts.

Tomorrow, tomorrow mornning, are we afraid to live our lives? If we are, "THEY win." That's the definition of terrorism. They win.
                    Last edited by pdub; December 14, 2012, 08:12 PM.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Well. See on the news in China a guy did the same thing only with a knife, and no deaths (I think),,

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                        While I understand the outpouring of sympathy over the situation in Connecticut, it strikes me as odd that I don't see a million facebook posts every day about the 16-21,000 (sixteen to twenty-one THOUSAND) children that die each day of starvation.
                        on the same page as the shooting..
                        a group from texas took in 76 kids, food and care..

pee wee is right. afraid to live, "they" win.
                        I went to school in CT as a little boy. being quite dynamical ethnically, my surname is not exactly the country of origin, my mother still packed us up and ran off...melting pot was one of the reasons.
                        there is a problem...needs strong minds. I could have lived there my whole life.. I know good homes.

I still target physical first, mental is always a byproduct. As bad as this may seem..a young guy from new jersey has alot of reasons to be sick upstairs about now.

falsely stepping up as superior would be a bad mistake...

I encountered the crazy doctor...
                        Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 14, 2012, 09:17 PM.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Whalen View Post
                          x2 you nailed this Paul!!!
                          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Ive been working todays event around in my head all day,my 4yo grandson and my daughter are on the way to us ,within 30 minutes,as I type. The pure hate that would run through me if this happened to him,my daughters,wife,sister,parents,son- in-law would just about distroy me,I would have to be talked down because my head would go sideways.....

For the parents I have only one thing to give,no words from anybody will give any relief for thier sudden pain. I offer the only thing I have, an out stretched hand to hold,and arms for a hug,and an offer of a shoulder,a wide shoulder ,to rest there heads on if they want it.

The true pain I feel for them is they will never again be "ok".

Removing every gun in the US will not make them ok and only makes those of us who choose to own and hopefuly never have to defend ourselfs with them any safer.

Those who make thier lifes in politics will spin up the "spin" on this,I just hope it doesnt lead to a knee jerk new law that just blankets an existing law we have now.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone03 View Post
                              ive been working todays event around in my head all day,my 4yo grandson and my daughter are on the way to us ,within 30 minutes,as i type. The pure hate that would run through me if this happened to him,my daughters,wife,sister,parents,son- in-law would just about distroy me,i would have to be talked down because my head would go sideways.....

For the parents i have only one thing to give,no words from anybody will give any relief for thier sudden pain. I offer the only thing i have, an out stretched hand to hold,and arms for a hug,and an offer of a shoulder,a wide shoulder ,to rest there heads on if they want it.

The true pain i feel for them is they will never again be "ok".

Removing every gun in the us will not make them ok and only makes those of us who choose to own and hopefuly never have to defend ourselfs with them any safer.

Those who make thier lifes in politics will spin up the "spin" on this,i just hope it doesnt lead to a knee jerk new law that just blankets an existing law we have now.
                              amen!!!!!!
                              COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
                                Ive been working todays event around in my head all day,my 4yo grandson and my daughter are on the way to us ,within 30 minutes,as I type. The pure hate that would run through me if this happened to him,my daughters,wife,sister,parents,son- in-law would just about distroy me,I would have to be talked down because my head would go sideways.....

For the parents I have only one thing to give,no words from anybody will give any relief for thier sudden pain. I offer the only thing I have, an out stretched hand to hold,and arms for a hug,and an offer of a shoulder,a wide shoulder ,to rest there heads on if they want it.

The true pain I feel for them is they will never again be "ok".

Removing every gun in the US will not make them ok and only makes those of us who choose to own and hopefuly never have to defend ourselfs with them any safer.

Those who make thier lifes in politics will spin up the "spin" on this,I just hope it doesnt lead to a knee jerk new law that just blankets an existing law we have now.
                                You said it best... I didn't post much... My 4 and 5 year old granddaughters were all over me in my recliner earlier today.. I look and wonder why someone wants to kill 20 of those sweet unconditional lovers!

As their daddy (sil) is a cop, there has been a shooting in Menphis involving 2 cops, one fatally..

Comment

Working...
                                X