This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecticut Shooting!

Unbelievable, Elementary School shooting and they're claiming 27 people dead and 18 of them were children and most of them were Kindergarteners in the shooter's Mom's classroom, so around 5 years old and they're dead now, man that's really heartbreaking! There will be new cries for gun control and I'd be the first one in favor of it if it would stop this shit but it won't, any nut case with $300 or less can go out and score a gun without a FOID card.
    Last edited by Grumpy; December 14, 2012, 02:08 PM.
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Absolutely sickening!
    Jeff
    Follow My Build

Comment

Shameful act of cowardness......... A lot of heavy empty hearts today, may God bless and comfort everyone.......
      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Really sad terrible tragedy,my good friends little boy was in the school,he's fine but I bet traumatized, I cant imagine what my friend is going through to explain to the kid what happened. Sick people out there amongst us that should be locked up. Mental illness isnt addresed properly in our country,thats what this is.

Comment

that is just nuts..

something tense in a whole area to be snappers like that...

my own family has some insane waterbury CT stories from hundreds of years ago...
          anyway...
          I can't even comprehend being nearer to a situation like that.

peace.

not to make up satisfaction in thought..but I am in maine and smelled the pathogens from sandy.. that whole southern shore must be wild health...
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 14, 2012, 02:36 PM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The mall shooting here in OR on tuesday was f'd up enough.. This is just beyond reasoning... Looking at my granddaughters (age of the dead kids) , I cannot comphrehend someone shooting such innocent sweet kids
            I missed the mall shooting by 20 minutes... Stopped, pee'd and left... 20 min later, he shot up the place....

Comment

These massacres happen in places where concealed and open carry are prohibited. The crazed killers are the only ones armed. How many massacres have you heard about where somebody could lawfully shoot back?

If the schools, theaters, colleges, shopping malls, and other "soft targets" aren't going to allow responsible gun owners to exercise their Second Amendment right of self-protection, then they're morally, if not legally, obligated to provide a totally secure environment.

Clearly this school and, to a lesser extent, the Oregon shopping mall failed to protect the law-abiding unarmed and vulnerable.

There's no excuse for an adult to be able to waltz into an elementary school unabated and start shooting children. An armed adult paid by the school district should have been there to "take him out."

While I don't in anyway excuse the actions of the criminal who pulled the trigger, I do believe the school created the dangerous conditions where something foreseeable like this could happen.

Comment

The only thing that will stop this is to catch them alive and make the punishment fit the crime. Only problem is we don't have the stomach for it. Then leave the mutilated body out in the court house yard till it starts to stick. I'm thinking braking bones starting at the extremities and working towards the main body. Yep, them muslim extremists have a few good ideas .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

To antmnte's point - mental illness. From a public point of view, it's nearly invisible. Until the awful event. It's always been said, "It's the quiet ones you worry about." But do you corall all the quite ones and assume they're mentally ill?

It's a complicated problem. Very complicated. But this perp (now I'm getting more pissed off the more I think about it), chose to do the sickest thing of all - kill little kids. That's as sick as it gets.

I have to drive by two schools (or three, depending upon my chosen path) on the way to and from work. And just yesterday, there's the sheriff's car in front of the high school, as every day. I thought how different the world has become, for the worse in that aspect. Now we need a cop at school.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Here in Wichita the cops walking the hallways and watching doors are called "school resource officers". They are part of the local Police Department. Reductions in school budgets have caused them to lay off officers in some schools, and cut back hours in others.

Some liberal parent group complained about them carrying guns, so they switched them out for tasers. Now the liberal parents are calling the tasers "scary". You can't win any arguments with the whiners and complainers, but if their kid ever gets shot at school - look the hell out!
                    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                      The only thing that will stop this is to catch them alive and make the punishment fit the crime. Only problem is we don't have the stomach for it. Then leave the mutilated body out in the court house yard till it starts to stick. I'm thinking braking bones starting at the extremities and working towards the main body. Yep, them muslim extremists have a few good ideas .
                      But that won't stop a crazy SOB who shoots himself dead at the scene. And then there's that pesky prohibition on cruel and unusual punishment.

No I still say either let the responsible citizens pack heat (my first choice) or otherwise insure everyone's safety with armed interceptors at the entry/choke points. It's unconcionable that a crazy guy dressed up like a ninja can stroll into a school with three or four guns and nobody's there to drop 'em.

Comment

While I understand the outpouring of sympathy over the situation in Connecticut, it strikes me as odd that I don't see a million facebook posts every day about the 16-21,000 (sixteen to twenty-one THOUSAND) children that die each day of starvation.
                        Last edited by dieselgeek; December 14, 2012, 05:10 PM.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                          Some liberal parent group complained about them carrying guns, so they switched them out for tasers. Now the liberal parents are calling the tasers "scary". You can't win any arguments with the whiners and complainers, but if their kid ever gets shot at school - look the hell out!
                          The gun-o-phobes will never admit they're wrong. They'll get all weepy-eyed and blame the "gun culture" or the gun manufacturers and demand that law-abiding citizens give up their guns.

Analogy: If some "Fast and Furious" street racer gets drunk and rams his primered fart-piper into a crowd of mopes, do we suddenly demand that everyone give up their high-performance cars?

Drudge linked to a story about some dude in China who hacked up twenty-two school kids with some kind knife. http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-chi...,5592318.story
                          And the OKC bombing killed 168 without a single shot being fired. So if some criminal d-bag psychopath or terrorist is intent on spilling blood, depriving law-abiding citizens the right to arm themselves will be a titanic FAIL.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
                            The gun-o-phobes will never admit they're wrong. They'll get all weepy-eyed and blame the "gun culture" or the gun manufacturers and demand that law-abiding citizens give up their guns.

Analogy: If some "Fast and Furious" street racer gets drunk and rams his primered fart-piper into a crowd of mopes, do we suddenly demand that everyone give up their high-performance cars?

Drudge linked to a story about some dude in China who hacked up twenty-two school kids with some kind knife. http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-chi...,5592318.story
                            And the OKC bombing killed 168 without a single shot being fired. So if some criminal d-bag psychopath or terrorist is intent on spilling blood, depriving law-abiding citizens the right to arm themselves will be a titanic FAIL.
                            I'm against gun control laws, I own firearms and practice with them often.

HOWEVER - doesn't data from more strict gun control countries show pretty clearly that stricter gun control laws reduced gun-related deaths by huge numbers?
                            Last edited by dieselgeek; December 14, 2012, 05:13 PM.
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                              While I understand the outpouring of sympathy over the situation in Connecticut, it strikes me as odd that I don't see a million facebook posts every day about the 16-21,000 (sixteen to twenty-one THOUSAND) children that die each day of starvation.
                              Sad, but true. Maybe it's because it doesn't fit the narrative of the agenda driven . . . . Or maybe because the problem is too remote, or too big, or too "inconvenient." After all, would it be better for Americans to take some or all the money they spend on entertainment and luxuries and use it to help reduce suffering? (and yes, that would involve coin we spend on our sport/hobby/passion). Or would the money simply be wasted on corruption and con artists? (e.g. the "shoeless" bum in NYC) '

Hard questions. No easy answers.
                              Last edited by 38P; December 14, 2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X