Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree with you on that to I am a gun owner but there need to be a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
      1. What happened yesterday is proof that nothing should shock me anymore. That's a whole community that now has to come to grips with how the world is- dark.

2. Anyone...ANYONE who is using yesterday's events as a political or moral standing infuriates me, and should infuriate you too.
      Totally agree

I had to go pickup my grand daughter this week from school
      They had to buzz me in the front door........I found it odd.
      I do not now.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Anyone bitching about gun controll right now needs a swift kick in the balls.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

As a young guy I knew a couple people who talked about shooting up the place, and taking a bunch of others with them when they went down in glorious flames. What all these type guys seem to have in common is: White male, 15-25 yrs old, "good" and often religious backgrounds, no formal gun training, and indulgent parents. Oh yeah, if they didn't ever wind up actually carrying out their little fantasy of self-pity, then subsequent lives as meth addicts and wife beaters.

I can't say that taking guns away is the answer, when you could also just drive a car into a crowd...besides, that genie was out of the bottle a long time ago. Almost anybody could make a gun themselves if they had to. But isn't giving everybody a gun asking for a battlefield? Maybe not...if one-shot devices were permitted to be carried, with training. If guns are really just for defense, when do we need a ten-round clip?

The kind-of thing that bugs me is...well...hey, guess who got his name on the national news again yesterday? Why, Dylan Kleibold (Columbine shooter). Still famous, after all these years, he oughta be proud. I bet he's a hero to a certain kind...how could that be shocking, when for example fools in the thousands (and thousands) claim to be relatives of Jesse James as if that were some kind of bragging right? As long as we romanticise the people who should have just been fed to the pigs and forgotten about, we're bringing up the next generation of kids who think they can be heroes by killing. No victims of the Columbine shootings were remembered by name but the creepy faces of the murderers were on the screen yet again like some kind of pioneers...and no that is not a criticism of the media. Their business is to be there to give the people what they want. And that is what the people want.

Comment

But isn't giving everybody a gun asking for a battlefield?
            Nope. The Swiss REQUIRE all men to own guns, and many women own them. There is almost zero gun crime in Switzerland.

What was it Heinlein said?
            "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his own life."
            Last edited by studemax; December 15, 2012, 11:44 AM.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

My heart goes out to all the folks who are directly affected by the senselessness. That's just a kick to the gut for sure.

It reminds me in flavor of 9/11. Just overwhelming. Unbelievable but true, the same scale.

It took me a few days or a week to digest 9/11, like all things take some time for me. I'm slow to get to big feelings. But what I decided about 9/11 was that I was genuinely pissed off that 21 zealots with box cutters could bring our mighty nation to its knees.

And they did. With box cutters.

I don't think the issue is with guns at all. It's about murderers.
              Last edited by pdub; December 16, 2012, 02:46 AM.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I was checking the list of names of the six year olds..
                very diverse.
                when I was in school down that way, at that age, it was the same.

I still do not mean to degrade a melting pot..it is at the helm of genius and insanity.

my story growing up is colorful, and I am proud to be american more than anything a similar name might decipher with their own past and learnings...evolving a tradition is difficult for some. Declaring god in your own definition is for safe places only...your very own.

its just going to get tougher and smarter...and in my lifetime.

I mentioned knowing how to snap a gangsta..it seems I am not the only one.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 16, 2012, 01:56 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by bull the rogue welder
                  my view of the massacre's... notice they all are in very left wing liberal states that have been desparately trying to get God and Gods' name removed from everything , including wiping out Christmas! they dont believe in God and HE'S STRIKING BACK!!!
                  the other thing i noticed is when tragedies like these happen they all come together in PRAYER. and the masses all go to the local churches for comfort and pray for strength to get through. I THINK THATS GODS PLAN
                  one last thought .... i really dont think there is a human on this planet that could do a terrible unthinkable crime as this without some divine power driving him to do it . the Lord gave his only Son to get the message across to the people. i think he chose to bring those sweet innocent children to heaven to be by His side to get the people to once again wise up and follow the Lords way!
                  it's not the first time God has struck with vengeance upon his people
                  THOSE CHILDREN ARE IN A FAR BETTER PLACE AND ARE THE LUCKY CHOSEN ONES.
                  What the hell are you talking about?! You know nothing about that town or those people. It easily has to be one the best places in the area to live,consists of hardworking families and faithful people that sacrifice very much for there families to live in a safe place. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I bet you arent going to be throwing any. The devil was in that little rat bastard that did this and thats what we ALL have to keep away from and see signs of. By the way if I know about that town, I bet it voted red as did mine,there goes your argument.

Comment

you missed the point..... thats understandable

Comment

Nothing worse for a parent than to have to bury their child. Prayers to the victims and their families.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bull the rogue welder View Post
                        Didnt miss anything pal. Kill kids like that in that manner to get folks back to church!? You really think that? You need help too.
                        Last edited by antmnte; December 16, 2012, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Have roots in the area ...My buddy , who I worked with at Danbury Chev m son is a Newtown cop ..pretty shaken up

Comment

Originally posted by bull the rogue welder View Post
                            Why do you guys always show up about now?

OUT. Lock.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                              Didnt miss anything pal. Kill kids like that in that manner to get folks back to church!? You really think that? You need help too.
                              Ditto what Anthony said.
                              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I think we have all had a chance to say our peace. Closing this one down.
                                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                                X