Look Who Showed Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peewee View Post
    How do you teach him to want to go into the crate on his own?
    Treats , toys, food bowl (for awhile) and praise.. Prolly lonesome and still scared from the trip..
    Last edited by Deaf Bob; December 22, 2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Right now he's sleeping off his hard day of travel in Sue's lap. I don't think that's part of Dan's Crating Procedure. Could be the dog has already won....
      Not really... Bonding is important..
      At first we force them in and say "Stay" .
      Put him in and leave door open and walk away.. Will either blast out, or if tired, nap if soft bed in there...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        Not really... Bonding is important..
        At first we force them in and say "Stay" .
        Put him in and leave door open and walk away.. Will either blast out, or if tired, nap if soft bed in there...
        Yes yes no yes.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Right now he's sleeping off his hard day of travel in Sue's lap. I don't think that's part of Dan's Crating Procedure. Could be the dog has already won....
          Not MY crating procedure. I'm the guy who can't stand to put a pooch in crate. Really, it's just fine - it's a Dan issue, not a dog issue. I think it was John who advocated for the crate.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            Not MY crating procedure. I'm the guy who can't stand to put a pooch in crate. Really, it's just fine - it's a Dan issue, not a dog issue. I think it was John who advocated for the crate.

Dan
            Oh sorry about that Dan, I can't even read right anymore. The crate thing does sound like a good plan, but we won't get started on it today for sure.

This little guy, like the one that wandered up on us, has two speeds - WFO and completely melted in your lap. Gotta be WITH the humans, every second. Sue's loving it.

I hope we don't step on the little feller, he's way faster than we on the floor are and he just loves a foot.

Comment

Just tell me you are not planning to dog fight that beautiful animal.
              -dulcich

Comment

that one looks more like a lover than a fighter
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  that one looks more like a lover than a fighter
                  Yeah, he's vicious alright...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dog Dudy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	865813

Comment

That's a beautiful puppy ya got there PeeWee and SueUnit.......congratulations!
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                      That's a beautiful puppy ya got there PeeWee and SueUnit.......congratulations!
                      Thanks Ed, Sue just gave the the "come here" finger (with Amos in her lap) and formally announced, "I LOVE this dog."

Good deal. All the way around. What a great Christmas.

Comment

Yeah, he's vicious alright...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16351[/ATTACH]
                        That there is a man who's heart is stolen!!
                        You both look content..
                        The other pic with Sue you could see her aura radiating love too..
                        Glad it is such a sweetie!

Comment

Cute dog - Merry Christmas Amos.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Congratulations! I wish you, Sue and Amos a very merry Christmas.

Ron
                            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
                              Congratulations! I wish you, Sue and Amos a very merry Christmas.

Ron
                              Thanks Ron, and the same back atcha.

Yesterday was a big day. Brought Amos home and it was Bluebelle the Fusion's first road trip ever. Dang that's a good going-down-the-road car. We've had her for a year and 4 months and as of yesterday she had 1700 miles on her. A grocery getter, literally. She was real happy to finally see the road.

Comment

Put the stuff he likes in the crate-toys, food, treats. Make it super comfy. He'll figure it out.

Get that boy out and about. The general rule is new pups should meet a hundred new people in the first hundred days.

Comment

Working...
                                X