No announcement yet.

Yellow Bullet versus Bangshift versus SIM Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um, obviously BS is the best because we're all freaking awesome lol. Seriously, where else is going to foster such great friendships and lead to a wedding of all things!? Yes, I'm totally biased, but the Hot Rod forum was completely useless when I was getting ready for Power Tour and they're the *sponsors.* I haven't been on YB, but I have quite enough stuff to keep me busy without getting caught up in online drama. I'm on some other forums (Mustang and SS ones) for technical info, but they don't feel like "home." I'll stay right where I'm at and bug the hell outta y'all
    Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
      You've obviously missed the epic . . . http://forums.carcraft.com/70/668919...-arent-stupid/ (So did DF, he now claims)

Oh wait, there hasn't been much going on in that thread for a while. Never mind.
      I think I'm going to have to pour a cold glass of Sailor Jerry to get through that one. Now tell me the truth, you only sent me over there to remind me how sucky their message board is, geez, how many pop-up ads can you get hit with in such a short period of time.
      I'm still learning

Comment

Here's another benefit of belonging to BS.

Member shows up at your house and forces you to drink beer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bangshift photo.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	865687
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16187[/ATTACH]

Gosh I hate it when that happens. What a depressing photo. I just HATE that when it happens.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
            Why would you want to rid this place of anyone, do you hate Brian and Chad that much that you would drive their audience away??.....

Ya I guess only Members that are DG approve should apply........
            It's common in nature to cleanse the herd. You can't get milk from a boar hog, roast it and move in. meanwhile, I *like* Brian and Chad and I agree with their opinions entirely :-)
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I don't much care for the YB's diss'er's... you know the folks that find fault with everyone else....? they post a comment just so they can feel better about themselves. They appear to think that it makes folks think they are smarter and makes the other party look stupid - or so they think they did.

YB is full of that bull$hit. and there is no censoring of that undesirable content. so if'n ya post something off the wall... there is always someone to post and call you an idiot. But not all idiot's are dumb - some are simply entertaining and it appears that the moderators here are much more deft at figuring that difference out and allowing such posts. and constraining the fault finders.

This site has a great good natured 'ring' to it....... for the most part. there are a couple who just love to call other folks names though... but if all that was censored the entertainment value would drop appreciably. I do enjoy reading the posts of folks that go at it. makes me feel good about my own level of maturity..

yeah right.......
              BS Rules.
              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                Maybe BS.com should have a "get rid of the ricers" campaign. Ricers are the guys who are always talking aobut how fast they're "gonna be" or that they have "friends who's car is faster than yours" and they're always making big plans to build the baddest car out there, but in reality all they have is a K&N cold air intake, maybe some MSD ignition parts, and a wicked set of ricer tail lights from Pep Boys installed on their ride. And a HUGE postcount on their favorite forums.

Yeah, it'd be awesome to rid this place of those kinds of people. LOL

that is too easy.
                ricer is a brand of one name tattooed like a focused autism...they flock to that particular forum.
                I do not recall one I did not get banned from.

the area of grey is learning so many generalizations, the brands don't matter. V8 in a datsun, or wherever, alot of welding. that alone leaves alot of people behind..too much knowledge to even care about an exactly branded car. They are the ones busting butt in real world.

Bangshift accepts the ultimate hacks.

meeting me in real life, I do gimp around. I am much friendlier here.

my whole life is mechanical, even diagnosed as abuse. Somebody want to build something..anyhting...? I listen. There is alot Way more unhappy than happy out there.

what really sent me off to the unknown, is my own working career. Anybody remember carbs and injection all on the road at the same time? I do not mean as classic carbs. everyday. real world chores..

a tremendous amount of generalizing...
                I agree about rice. there is victims, and there is pushers...
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 17, 2012, 08:29 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16187[/ATTACH]
                  The devil made me do it -
                  Monk - the 409 is the bomb -
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
                    you know the folks that find fault with everyone else....? they post a comment just so they can feel better about themselves. They appear to think that it makes folks think they are smarter and makes the other party look stupid - or so they think they did.
                    But you wouldn't want 'em building and running a car instead, would you? Imagine the carnage.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                      You can't get milk from a boar hog, roast it and move in.
                      Another benefit of BS . . . useful AG tips.

(If this trend continues, just wait until the heavyweights like Farmer Dulcich post up some http://www.farmshow.com/ awesomeness (318-powered butter churn? . . . Hemi log splitter? . . . Ethanol still?)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                        Now tell me the truth, you only sent me over there to remind me how sucky their message board is, geez, how many pop-up ads can you get hit with in such a short period of time.
                        Nah, Bob, if I wanted to do that, I'd have sent you over to Publishers' Clearinghouse http://www.pch.com . . . PCH's seems to be holding the pop-up record.

Somebody ought to tell SIM that these are the only kind of pop-ups that are wanted on a gearhead website

Comment

It took me a while, but I did read this ENTIRE thread and I ditto 99.9997% of all the comments.

Enjoy the posts, and comments, and can definately feel the "love" along with BS......
                          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Working...
                          X