Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow in Wisconsin

Got a call from Matt tonight.

First, Matt dared me to not type this story, up, and specifically forbid me from trying but I can't stand it. Sorry Matt, I lied.

So in Oshkosh they're looking for over a foot of snow. So there's a run on the store ahead of it.

In the South, it's milk and bread. In the North it's meat and beer.

So Matt described his stand in line at the meat counter behind a lady who had one crab leg (that's all she wanted, ONE) and she was waving it like a sword, trying to get to some hamburger meat as the butcher was laying it out.

That's not even close to the right story, but that's all I could get to when he was telling the story.

Poor listening on my part - I kept asking, she did WHAT? and then WHAT happened? I was laughing so hard, I just didn't get the story. I KNOW I didn't get the story. Something about one crab leg and some hamburger meat. I was laughing too hard, I just blew the coverage on that one.

Never mind. But it was good. It was SURE good to hear Matt tell it. Yankees clamoring over meat. Not milk and bread. Meat.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

December, Wisconsin, Snow??
    wow.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I wish I knew what the story about the crab leg was, now I want to drive to Wi and find out. Pull up in Marinette and say to the first person in a drive through "TELL ME ABOUT THE CRAB LEG!"

Around these parts only the city people hit the stores, mostly its the ones who moved here from the south. The rest of us have been prepped for winter since October. Get a flurry in Charleston and the lines are full of people buying bread and water, as if a flurry is going to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
        I wish I knew what the story about the crab leg was, now I want to drive to Wi and find out. Pull up in Marinette and say to the first person in a drive through "TELL ME ABOUT THE CRAB LEG!"

Around these parts only the city people hit the stores, mostly its the ones who moved here from the south. The rest of us have been prepped for winter since October. Get a flurry in Charleston and the lines are full of people buying bread and water, as if a flurry is going to do anything.
        We've got to get Matt to tell it. I was just plain laughing too hard to listen or recall it.

I can't listen or retain anything when I'm laughing so hard. The story was going on, but I was just plain laughing too hard. The lady, she was.....no I can't do it.
        Last edited by pdub; December 19, 2012, 07:41 PM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I've never heard of any such tradition, I think it's just one whack job in Oshkosh, which has more than its fair share.
          These panick attacks that occur on the forcast of snow here are a relatively new behavior, our German ancestors would be a bit shamed by it all. However my wife did buy beer and sandwhich meat on the way home, LOL.

Comment

We get 3 flakes per acre and the news stations interrupt the normal broadcasting for a "Storm of 2012 (or whatever year) Special". Those news folks are ON TOP of it! Schools close and the few Southern idiots who venture out on the roads run into us migrated Yankees who are trying to figure out what all fuss is about.

It's FUNNY!

Dan

Comment

I was in Washington DC for a "snow storm" years ago, that was... Interesting LOL.

Comment

Just to make you feel at home Dan, when we start getting some of it I will post a pic for you guys. Its not a question of if, but definitely when.

Comment

"At home" is Wilmington, NC! You can keep yer darn snow. It's pretty to look at as long as I don't have to be near it. Snow on the 'puter screen is close enough. We'll be 72 today (but colder tomorrow).

Todd - we gotta meet - but in your "summer" - you know, the two thawed weeks.

Dan

Comment

72 is sunburn weather! Well, you are more than welcome to come up any time during the thawed season, if you come up with DG we can all go fishing on the big lake.

Comment

Working...
                    X