Attack of the 50' cedar tree...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack of the 50' cedar tree...

This morning, I woke up to find the snowstorm that howled through our area snapped my cedar tree about 8' off the ground and deposited the busted section squarely on top of my car in the driveway.

nice...

Now the top of my car is caved in about 4"-5". Thankfully, none of the glass was broken.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tree damagex.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	879501
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Saw that on FB this morning. No words cover it except "that sucks."
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Insurance?

Dang, that sucks.

got a chainsaw?
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Now it will have that new fallen Cedar smell...
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

That is why the most valued cars are parked in the middle of my yard. Gotta suck man. Maybe you can pop it back out and then just enjoy the new fallen cedar aroma.

Comment

2 words........ROADSTER BABY!
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Damnit Ron .....you're a handy guy.
              Cut it off, take it in house, hang lights.
              Merry Christmas
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Oh no not the Neon.Ive seen that tree.Big mofo.

Comment

How about a cedar guitar body? Make the tree pay back.

Dan

Comment

Got a 30 ishy foot tall fir that one if the kids planted after a visit to the forestry dept during a field trip.. Top snapped off.. Already had a tree! 15+ years old.

Comment

I am going to take the porta-power home from work and see if I can jack the roof up high enough that the dome light isn't in my ear and I will just drive it until the wheels fall off.

Ron
                      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Put pressure under the wrinkled parts and tap the outside with a small hammer. I'll wager most of it will pop right out. As kids we'd lay down on the seat and push the top back out with our feet - more than once but it was the same poor car. Sort of our driver ed car, if ya know what I mean. We finally learned to tap it a bit and the top would look better and remain in it's desired shape better.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          Put pressure under the wrinkled parts and tap the outside with a small hammer. I'll wager most of it will pop right out. As kids we'd lay down on the seat and push the top back out with our feet - more than once but it was the same poor car. Sort of our driver ed car, if ya know what I mean. We finally learned to tap it a bit and the top would look better and remain in it's desired shape better.

Dan
                          Dan, after the snow melted off and I got a good look at the roof, I am thinking I will just leave the dent and stock it with fish in the spring.

It's a doozie!

Ron

Comment

Make an air freshener for the mirror.

Comment

Ron, that just sucks (or blows?). I hate it for ya.

I always thought cedar was forever the choice for fence posts because it doesn't rot. And my sister's husband hit one in an old Falcon decades ago and the the tree didn't even care. He lost that encounter.

But earlier this year we had a big straight-line wind storm and a cedar in our neighborhood and another one up the road did that exact same thing - broke off about 6-8 feet above the ground.
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X