Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Newbies Introduce Yourself Here! Welcome!

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
    Hello Todd, welcome aboard. ;D
    Thank you Randal
    Love the Silver Buick...always wanted an X-body. A high-school friend of mine had a 1976 I-6 and we installed a 1977 350 out of a camaro.
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"LIFE is a Two-Way Street. If you can't handle the traffic; stay in the garage."

Comment

Welcome to the forum Todd.

There are quite a few BangShifters in Central Florida ... I'm in DeLand.
      Are you going to the Dream Cruise in Daytona Beach this weekend ?
      Several of us will be there.
      ;)

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
        Welcome to the forum Todd.

There are quite a few BangShifters in Central Florida ... I'm in DeLand.
        Are you going to the Dream Cruise in Daytona Beach this weekend ?
        Several of us will be there.
        ;)
        White Thank you for the invite.
        Wish I could. Life has been really cruel lately. I have wheels but no money for insurance or plates. not to mention even if I did i wouldnt have enough for gas. I do plan being there for the Pre-Season Thunderfest (Jan something something)once the track is ready for testing. I have a cousin in Lake Mary Exit 101a heading west to Heathrow on I-4. I most likely will do the Don Garlits museum car show as its only 15 mins from the house. I also attend the monthly car show in the Villages.
        [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"LIFE is a Two-Way Street. If you can't handle the traffic; stay in the garage."

Comment

Well, just remember, you aren't alone down here.
          This forum is not like any other, our members actually arrange to get together and many form lifelong friendships.
          Check out the Members Map too ...

Comment

Hey Everyone,
            I've been lugging around a FED for eight years now trying to complete the project and after a month of reading all the projects car threads here I sold it to buy an old car instead. You guys are my hero's, but if this doesn't work out I'll hold you all responsible!

I live just outside Boston, spent 7 years as a TF clutch guy and now manufacture Titanium products. Looking to buy a 62-65 Dodge/Plymouth if anyone knows of one for sale in New England please let me know!

Love this place, wasted a lot of my work days here.

Comment

Hey Duff!!

Thanks for joining up! I'm just outside of Boston as well. Great to have another local on board!

Whose car were you juggling clutch plates for?

Thanks again for joining in the fun!

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by duff
                .... wasted a lot of my work days here.
                Sounds like a BangShifter to me, welcome to the forum !!
                ;D

Comment

Hey Brian,
                  Started with Grant Flowers back in '03, moved to Indy to work with Bruce Litton, then came back to work with Grant again, then spent the next 4 or 5 seasons working for Dexter Tuttle (JR Todd, Alan Bradshaw and Steve Torrence driving). Last race was the Winternat's this year.

Comment

Hey Everyone,
                    I've been lugging around a FED for eight years now trying to complete the project and after a month of reading all the projects car threads here I sold it to buy an old car instead. You guys are my hero's, but if this doesn't work out I'll hold you all responsible!

I live just outside Boston, spent 7 years as a TF clutch guy and now manufacture Titanium products. Looking to buy a 62-65 Dodge/Plymouth if anyone knows of one for sale in New England please let me know!

Love this place, wasted a lot of my work days here.
                    there was a 63(IIRC) dodge polara for sale up here in maine last summer. im not sure if its still there or not but if i go by there again anytime soon ill see if its still there and if it is ill post the guys phone # for ya

Comment

Appreciate it!

Comment

Hey Brian,
                        Started with Grant Flowers back in '03, moved to Indy to work with Bruce Litton, then came back to work with Grant again, then spent the next 4 or 5 seasons working for Dexter Tuttle (JR Todd, Alan Bradshaw and Steve Torrence driving). Last race was the Winternat's this year.
                        Too cool!

Great to have you here. We have a couple of nitro soaked dudes around. You'll slide right in!

Brian
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                          Hey Bob, if Murf is cool with it, how about some quick pics of the stuff you guys are building at the shop?

Got a bunch of chassis on order?

Brian
                          Hi Brian, we are certainly getting busy, mandatory overtime started this week. I will check with Murf to make sure it's ok to post some recent pics. We have a new dragster cockpit design being used in a new A/Fuel car that is almost finished. 2 new Nostalgia F/C's and an FED and new chassis for Micky Ferro. Many more front & back halves to do...and thats just the start.

Comment

holy crap, all that sounds cool, i wanna see pics or it didnt happen :D
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

How ya doin'?
                              My name is Bob and I'm 66 years young. My first taste of car fever came from the pages of a Car Craft magazine that my parents sent to me at Boy Scout camp when I was about 14 years old. Later that year my buddy Tim and I bought a 1939 Ford Tudor for $25 and that was the real start of a lifelong love affair with pretty well anything with an engine.
                              I'm still working,representing a Canadian firm that manufactures magnetic induction lighting, a remarkable technology that saves about 50% on lighting costs plus has zero maintenance for 10 years, coupled with 100,000 hours burning time, very little heat output or shadows AND virtually no Mercury content.
                              I live in Hampton, New Brunswick, Canada, a town of about 4,000 souls. I've got a '46 Chevy coupe hot rod, a '61 Impala 2 dr. hdt., and a '63 Imp. that's also a 2 dr. hdt.
                              Over the years I've had everything from a new '69 Camaro to a '36 Chevy coupe and a really nice '40 Ford Tudor rod that was done up nostalgia style.
                              I've also taught Auto Shop and up here those shop classes are disappearing which is a real sin! While teaching I used to have the odd student or two who were into the hot rod, muscle car scene but not many, especially with the advent of import speed equipment an computerized engine controls. One night during the summer break, I took four young guys for a tour in my 396/4-speed '66 Impala S/S with a big cam and 3.73 gears. I told them I was going to teach them how to spell TORQUE and after a little run down a deserted highway they couldn't wipe the grins off their faces!
                              I still get goosebumps whenever I hear a rumpity rump cammed, open headered big block being wound out but I fear that sound is getting rarer and rarer. Oh well, I lived it and I'm sure glad I did!
                              My e-mail address is [email protected]. Drop me a line sometime!

Comment

Welcome to our world Bob, the best little car forum on the planet !!

Comment

Working...
                                X