Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Newbies Introduce Yourself Here! Welcome!

To all our newest members - Welcome to our assylum. Post lots, read lots, and enjoy your time with us.
    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

New here..... Hay Y'all......

Checking in !!!!!!!!!!!!
      ;D

Comment

Hello everyone.  I've been lurking around here for awhile.  My name is Chris and I'm from Bloomfield, IN.  I work as a John Deere salesman at a local dealership.

I have a '88 T-bird 5.0 that was my 1st car.  We've been through a lot (High school, college, even drove it to my wedding). I have swapped on Mustang HO heads, intake, cam, etc.  Also added shorty headers, full exhaust, 3.73 disk brake rearend, etc.  I also have a '07 Mustang GT that I drove on Power Tour '08, '09, and 2010.  I have registered for Power Tour 2011 and plan to take the birdy this time around.  I'm hoping I get the chance to drive the bird on the track at Indy.

I also have a '72 Chevelle 350/350, 3.73's, cragars, etc.  The car was my Dad's and he let it sit in our barn basically my entire life until I resurrected it around 2000 or so.  I drove it a few years but it has been back in the barn for the last 3 or 4 years due to my getting married, busy with work, etc.  Someday I will breath life into it again.

Other than cars I like old tractors (I was raised on a farm), 4x4 trucks, and even have been known to wrench on old garden tractors.  Basically if it has wheels on it, I can dig it. 

Comment

Welcome Bob & Chris. Glad you two decided to sign up.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Oh no...not another tractor guy.....
            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Tractor guys rule!!!!

Thanks for signing up guys. If you have been lurking around, you know that we're also of the "if it has wheels it's cool" mindset as well.

ESPECIALLY when it comes to tractors.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                Tractor guys rule!!!!

Thanks for signing up guys. If you have been lurking around, you know that we're also of the "if it has wheels it's cool" mindset as well.

ESPECIALLY when it comes to tractors.
                Thanks for the welcome. Tractors can be cool too. I have a '58 JD 720 Diesel 2 cyl (w/straight pipe of course) that belonged to my wife's family and a '73 JD 112 lawn tractor (its not a lawn mower, its a lawn TRACTOR damn it, lol).

Comment

Hey gang! Was surfin one night and landed here. My name is Norm Roberts. I just turned 60 recently and at least 50 of those years I have been a Car Junkie! Current drivers and projects are: 68 VW Type III pickup w/461" Olds in the rear, 58 Cadillac Biarritz Kustom, daily driver 95 Camaro that averages 27 mpg,and my Fiancees car..89 Buick Reatta w/18s. Hopefully my pics will come through and you can check them out. Lookin forward to chatting with you soon. Norm

Comment

Welcome Norm, nice cars, the VW looks like a riot!
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Neat cars - welcome on board.
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thanks Neal and Phil.The VW has been so much fun that I've owned it twice. Sold it in 95 and bought it back off of Ebay 9 years later for 5 Gs less than I sold it for. Car has been on the road for 23 years and pretty much the way you see it for the last 20. I'm looking forward to getting it down the track again next month at the Mooneyes Xmas show. After 23 years it was time for new axles and a lil bit more gear. Maybe see some new friends there. Norm

Comment

Did you do all the body mods ? I must admit I had to google VW Type III and look what popped up -

Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.

The Biarritz is the tits too. There's a guy here in Omaha that has an original one that I drool over.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Norm, that Type III is the shiznit. Welcome aboard. Do you have build pictures? If so, post them up in the project cars thread.

Comment

I wish I could say that the body mods were mine...but...all I can do is claim the mechanicals and the design work. The graphics were even my design. Most all the bodywork was done by a shop called Concepts. It's owned by Roger Plante and has been located in Lake Elsinore, California for the last several years. He is also responsible for all the creative work on the Caddy. I purchased the Caddy missing almost all the chrome and stainless pieces, which on that car is a LOT. That's how it came to become a custom. I have a video that I think I can link to my posts that explains most of the VW. It will take some digging to find the build shots on the VW and the Caddy.

Lance Lambert talks to the owner of this one-of-a-kind Volkswagon Pick Up with a V8 in the rear. This segment was shot at the Thunderfest in Covina, CA for T...

Video of VW

Comment

i was told about this site from my buddy booghar. my name is tj im from beaumont,tx i grew up around the show scene since my dad use to show a truck back at waco mini nats when it was still in waco, right now im into the custom truck scene but i like the hot rods. my dad has a 32 couple that a friend of his built back in the 70s that never was finshed but he ended up storing it and when he passed away in late 90s my dad ended up buying it. he left the car alone like it sat because at the time the rat rod scene was just starting up and my dad loved the car because he didnt have to clean it like he did his truck. but here are some pics of it
                                when we first got it

as it sits right now

the car is built on a 55 chevy frame with a 64 impala rear end, the newest part on the car is the rear end, so basically the car was built what was laying around at the time

Comment

Working...
                                X