Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, my name's Ian - '63 ford falconstien, driveway built

Comment

• Thanks Charles...
      http://www.DragRacingUnderground.com

Comment

• Hi new folks!
        and special hi to the New Girl
        Diana Welcome! This is a friendly site for Women. Filled with wonderful Gentlemen polite and always willing to help and of course all are extremely handsome (well most of them have all their teeth).
        You will have fun
        ~Gail
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

• Thanks Gail, it is refreshing to find a place like this, a woman friendly site, where the gals don't get their hair pulled and then pushed down the steps by the cyber bullies... From what I've seen so far, you're absolutely right, this place certainly does appear to be filled with wonderful and extremely handsome polite gents, I'd bet that most are even gainfully employed (and probably do have most of their teeth), and even put the toilet seat down when they're done-- All the things a gal could possibly dream of... Thanks again
          Last edited by Diana The Doc; May 31, 2011, 02:53 PM.
          http://www.DragRacingUnderground.com

Comment

• OH now, I wouldn't stay if my hair didn't get pulled once in a while!
            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

• Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
              OH now, I wouldn't stay if my hair didn't get pulled once in a while!
              Treed by a mile, but I get off work late. Welcome aboard Diana. I clicked on your link and read some of your writings, good stuff there! Maybe you can post some of your musings/blogs here also? Ask Brian Lohnes or Chad if you're ok with the idea.
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

• Hey everyone I joined a while back, but just getting back into this so I figured I would re-introduce myself

My name is Craig Meyer, born and raised in southern Indiana, from a small town called Huntingburg (famous for the movies "A League of their Own" & "Hard Rain"), I've got a wife and 2 daughters 6 & 8. I've been into cars and anything with wheels since I was a kid. I landed a pretty sweet deal in high school working for a guy that had just started a company building air suspensions for hot rods, I didn't know anything about that kind of stuff, but it got me out of a 1/2 day of school for the last part of my senior year so I thought what the hell I'll give it a shot, fast forward 13yrs and I'm still there hocking parts for Air Ride Technologies or Ridetech as we now call it. I've been working behind the scenes here for most of my years making sure the parts we build get built and shipped out, but some of you guys probably know me or have met me out at the various shows we do throughout the year. You'll get to see and hear a lot more of me from now on as I've decided to move back into a sales position here, so please feel free to ask me anything you might want to know and I might have an answer for ya.

A little more on me and my influences. While growing up my old man wasn't much into hot rods but I had several uncles who drag race and restored cars that got me hooked on all things motorized. For whatever reason loud exhaust and tire smoke were like a drug to me and I was addicted. I spent some time hangin around those guys and seeing how cool this car stuff was so I was bound and determined to get into the scene one way or another. I started out playing around with ATVs a bunch and quickly moved into working on whatever I could to gain experience. My dad still complains about all the stuff I took apart and never put back together He eventually gave in and we bought my first project truck a 1976 C-10 that of course neeeded everything replaced, 2 years later she was on the road and I was burning through tires. I regretably sold that ride and went through a bunch more over the years before becoming "responsible" but I still have a couple rides that I've been working on. I quickly realized in high school that becoming a full time meachanic wasn't for me so I luckily landed the job here at Air Ride and have been playing with cars and living the hot rod life ever since. This allows me to keep working on cars as a hobby that I still enjoy and not something I have to do.

A little more on my family if anyone is interested. If your are into concours restorations or BOSS and Shelby Mustangs, my uncle Ed Meyer is big into that scene and along with my dad run a business called Meyer CARS where they restore the rare Mustanges back to what they looked like coming off the production line. They were the ones who sold the Candy Apple Red 69 BOSS 429 for $550K at Barret-Jackson a few years back. I have another unlce Randy Meyer that has been into drage racing since the late '70s and now runs a Top Alcohol rail in the NHRA, he no longer drives but is the team owner and crew chief of Randy Meyer Racing, back in 2002 he set the world record in the A/F class by running a 5.135, he actually builds the chassis's for all his cars himself.

Well I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and hopefully seeing some of you out on the road. Don't hesitate to hit me up if you want to talk.

Comment

• Don't care what my post count is. I'm not new by any means.

Comment

• Hey dude!

How is the Cougar running?
                    Last edited by Brian Lohnes; June 3, 2011, 06:00 AM.
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Like a champ, up until I broke a rocker arm a few weeks ago. Hoping to have time this weekend to put in the new set.

Comment

• New to this forum. Just bought a 63 BelAir with 27,000 original mi. Its a Gramma car for sure. 230/6 , three on the tree, radio delete and its a 4dr but it is so very nice. Everyone that see's it wants to know when I will put the small block in. I have a really nice 70 307 with 85 Iroc heads making about 300 hp but that would ruin the car for sure so I guess I am going to learn all about the Chevy six. The car sat for 11 years and the motor was siezed when I got it but some diesel in the cylinders and some patients got the motor spinning free , a new gas tank and fresh gas and she runs like a brand new Singer. Its a kick to drive but it does need a little more umph. Just ordered a Pertronix for it .( i hate points ) And so the journey begins.
                        I would put some pics up but I am lucky I know how to turn this machine on...
                        Last edited by magneto; June 6, 2011, 08:33 AM.
                        BR549

Comment

• sounds cool magneto, if you need help posting pics, theres plenty of us that can help, and I liked you in all the X-Men movies
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• Scottie Bullock, 61 years old.. I live at 1914 Hog Camp Road Arlington Heights, IL. I am a car mechanic and I love to surf the internet. I've come up to the idea that car forums have more car problems than in the car repair shops so I'd like to involve myself in forums. I own a 2000 Honda Civic Type R and I am focused on achieving the fastest type R of all...

Comment

• my name is leo

Click image for larger version

Name:	S6301406 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	855498Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 042.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	855499been checking this site out, think it,s great. live in a very small town in northeastern conn. been into cars all my life. nothing high dollar but nice. have a small collection, they are an 85 mustang convertible,2001 mustang, 2000 s10 extreme lowered 2".,91 surburban work truck,97 grand am family car,63 comet done old school. and a bunch of junk plow trucks fords mostly. have 3 girls all out of the house 1 grandson,1 beagle named star,3 cats. my current project is my jeep have had her forever.hope to get back to working on her soon. dropped her on an s10 frame,nad to take 7" out of the bed to make her fit.i want to cut out my firewall and put the s10 in . i do remodeling for a living been at it 25 + years,mostly historic houses. travel alot don,t always have time for projects.when i can,t go outside i build model cars and hotwheels. my collection is out of control from what the wife says. i have at least 25,000 hot wheels alone, not including die cast, or plastic, or remote control cars.
                              Last edited by 66jeepleo; June 12, 2011, 08:39 AM. Reason: add pictures

Comment

• Hi
                                On the extreme eastern side of Vail Village. Very expensive, stuffy service, but really great food and excellent wine list (sometimes that even is enough to make up for the obnoxious service).

Ira Riklis
                                Last edited by srimanmohnst2; June 13, 2011, 05:20 AM.
                                Ira Riklis

Comment

Working...
                                X