Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't think I ever introduced myself. Just jumped on the Drag Week thread a few months ago. I am an old John Deere mechanic/ farmer (Santa Rosa Texas) turned school bus driver/ substitute teacher while preaching (won't talk religion) in Oklahoma. Lived on the Mexico border (ie. border wars) till 94 and been in OK since 97. Got tired of reading about drag week and decided I needed to jump in. Left racing in '94 but back for a week in September. (if I can get the old Chevy going) BTW name's Jesse
    Last edited by greenXpress; July 21, 2012, 10:12 AM.
    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Hey hey hey. Just registered. Car details in my garage.

Comment

• Welcome to the fun!
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• New here to the site! Got a 70 nova with a tremec and a ls1!

Comment

• welcome and post up some pics of said nova, i kinda got a thing for them
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• I guess I'll ...RE-introduce myself...
              Been a member here a long time (since the old HRM-defect-to-the-dark-side days), made some friends I used to forum/chat with almost daily. Couple years ago, a "change" in jobs/titles and simply daily access to this "blocked" site just didn't leave much time to spend 'netting. After getting "retired" a few months ago, just now catching up on time to spend doing what I like....

Anyway, glad to be back, and look forward to helping out any way I can with my new/old friends...

Comment

• Hey Caddy! Welcome back to the fray!

Comment

• Greetings and I have a Question.

To All,

Greetings! My name is John and I am a Newbie. I was a Long Hauler on the 2012 PT. I rode with 'Arrowhead' in his black 1995 Firebird convertible. I created a Blog site for the tour and you can find it at hrpt2012.blogspot.com. Through 'Arrowhead' I was able to meet a lot of nice people on the Tour and I look forward to keeping in contact with them.

I have a question. How do you post an Avatar picture? When I go to the Edit Avatar option, it says "No Avatar Specified" and the "(*) Do Not Use an Avatar" option is already selected. How do I get past this and post a picture? Thanks to anyone who can provide the answer.

Take Care,
                  Last edited by JustPontiacs; August 16, 2012, 05:22 AM.
                  There is so much that I would do... If life didn't get in the way...
                  John S.

Comment

• I went through the same thing, and couldn't find an answer. Once you make a certain number of posts (I think it was 5) the option becomes available.

Welcome, poncho.

Comment

• 72redfish,

Thanks for this info. I guess that I will keep posting and see if this option shows up.
                      And thanks for the nickname, I think that I am going to use it.

Take Care,
                      There is so much that I would do... If life didn't get in the way...
                      John S.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustPontiacs View Post
                        To All,

Greetings! My John and I am a Newbie. I was a Long Hauler on the 2012 PT. I rode with 'Arrowhead' in his black 1995 Firebird convertible. I created a Blog site for the tour and you can find it at hrpt2012.blogspot.com. Through 'Arrowhead' I was able to meet a lot of nice people on the Tour and I look forward to keeping in contact with them.

I have a question. How do you post an Avatar picture? When I go to the Edit Avatar option, it says "No Avatar Specified" and the "(*) Do Not Use an Avatar" option is already selected. How do I get past this and post a picture? Thanks to anyone who can provide the answer.

Take Care,
                        I linked a pic over from PhotoBucket for my avatar John - but I did it quite awhile ago and don't remember exactly which link I used.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

• New here from Utah, my name is Jeff I have been into cars and boats for years and have had a great time with it and made alot of good friends along the way, the site looks great hope to hang out and make some new friends here.
                          I like to hunt around and see what I can find, my newest find that has been mia for years, Junior Thompson Satellite funny car (body and tin) found in Rock Springs WY

Comment

• Hi,
                            I'm a newbie from Aachen in Germany. I've been reading this forum for more than 2 years now (especially the 'Project Cars' part) and thought this would be a good time to chime in. My plan for the next months is to buy a GM B body in decent shape and use (more or less) as a daily driver, so I thought I might be in need of a little help now and then ;-)

I'm 27 years old and an automotive engineer. I studied automotive engineering at Germany's RWTH Aachen university and work for the university's automotive engineering institute now, hoping to do my PHD there in a few years.

Comment

• Welcome to the fun Starrachse!

Comment

• Hey everyone, my name is Greg. I'm from Prescott AZ. Bryan, AKA Remy-Z has been trying to get me to join the forums for quite some time now. Well here I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X