Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tony-A.R.E. View Post
    Hello From Simi Valley, California!

Afternoon fellas and ladies, my name is Tony Acerrio, I'm an Engine Machinist and Fabricator by trade. have been a lurker here for a couple years and decided to finally join the forums. Love the content and the engine trivia blogs you guys do along with the awesome live event coverage!
    Welcome to the Forum Tony!!!!...... What's the A.R.E. stand for??

Comment

• Hi, I'm Robert, live in Southern MD. Been working around cars for a good while, do a bit of metalshaping and fabrications. Have lurked long enough and decided to go ahead and join.
      Last edited by MP&C; December 2, 2012, 09:18 PM.
      Robert

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

• Hey Robert

Fellas This guy is the real deal... A true magician with metal. If we ask nice maybe he will throw up some try five links. I don't care what your experience level you will learn a lot from this guy. He is supper nice to boot.

A big fat welcome to the party Robert

Steve
        Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

• Hi, I'm Mark, a newbie here from Spokane, WA. Newly into drag racing, cannot wait for next season to start. Bangshift has truly filled in the down time in our area. I own a small company up here, have an 8-year-old son who loves to go racing as much as I do.

Comment

• Welcome to the fun fellas! Thanks for joining up.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• hey everybody, I,am the newest newbie "old man" on the block. been racin and roddin sice mid to late 60's. still have my first car a 23 'T" BUCKET . i enjoy drag racin alot mostly modern t/f & f/c and nostalgia racin. fixing to get going full bore on a new F.E.D 225" SFI CERT CAR. never thought I,d build another but just got the bug. hope I,ve got the guts still to stab the throttle !!!! anyway glad to be here and will help anyone i can out.
              I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16
              I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16

Comment

• welcome, I am an almost a newbee. T Bucket is still on my "bucket" list. Am sure you will be able to nail it when the time comes.
                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Well, after visiting this great site for a little over a year now, I decided to join. I have been obsessed with cars to the point that some days that is all I think about since I was very little. I thought that what better thing to do would be to join some like minded guys/gals on the web here. I have been part of forums for specific cars (in particular my Cobalt SS supercharged), but I love talking about all types of cars in particular vintage stuff! Unfortunately I am not old enough to say that I have lived through the magical muscle car era first hand but I sure wish I could have.

I had the pleasure of doing my first Hot Rod Power Tour last year (and I met some of you Bang Shifters in person which was awesome! I am all signed up and ready to go for 2013 too!

I have two project cars (one is basically my DD too). First, my 2007 Cobalt SS Supercharged. I bought this new as I was working for GM at the time while I was going through university. I have modified it and I am proud to say that I have done all of the wrenching on it! My second project car is a 1928 Ford Model A 4 door. I was so inspired by all of the people that hand built their cars on the Power Tour that I knew that I needed to do this as well. I am currently planning the direction of the project this winter and I will be tearing into it in the spring!

Comment

• Welcome aboard - I think I met you in Stillwater - see you in Dallas.

I thought about this driving home - we didn't go to OKC - it was Stillwater.
                    You were using your Porta-Wash out front of the hotel and I stopped to say hi in my black Silverado.
                    Last edited by 70chevyC-10; December 11, 2012, 04:50 PM.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

• I think I remember meeting you but it wouldn't have been in Oklahoma City. 2012 was my first power tour. I think I may have met you in Miami or Stillwater. I think it was later in the tour for some reason. Either way, I can't wait for Dallas and the tour next year!

Comment

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                        Welcome aboard - I think I met you in Oklahoma City - see you in Dallas.
                        Make that Stillwater - see below.
                        Last edited by 70chevyC-10; December 11, 2012, 04:51 PM.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Hey guys (and gals?) New member here from middle Tennessee. I am a part time body and paint guy with a love for all muscle cars, especially Chevys. Currently I have a 70 Chevelle SS with a healthy 427 BB with a Muncie 4 speed. I've had this car for 20 years and love it to death. I also have a 69 Chevelle Malibu convertible with a 330 hp GM crate engine, auto, A/C, and cruise control. We drive the Malibu everywhere, its been in 23 states and we plan to hit 48 states with it. My daily driver is a black 95 Z28 convertible mildly modified, I bought it new and it now has almost 300000 miles on it.
                          Good to be here.
                          Ron.
                          Last edited by ToocoolZ28; December 16, 2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for coming on board Ron!
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToocoolZ28 View Post
                              Hey guys (and gals?) New member here from middle Tennessee. I am a part time body and paint guy with a love for all muscle cars, especially Chevys. Currently I have a 70 Chevelle SS with a healthy 427 BB with a Muncie 4 speed. I've had this car for 20 years and love it to death. I also have a 69 Chevelle Malibu convertible with a 330 hp GM crate engine, auto, A/C, and cruise control. We drive the Malibu everywhere, its been in 23 states and we plan to hit 48 states with it. My daily driver is a black 95 Z28 convertible mildly modified, I bought it new and it now has almost 300000 miles on it.
                              Good to be here.
                              Ron.
                              Welcome to BS! Pix of the Chevelle, please and thank you!
                              Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

• What's up folks? Newbie here from Pittsburgh PA. Have a Repair and Performance shop have been in business for 8 yrs now. Been running the NMCA LSX challenge with my LS Swapped 1986 El Camino. Started out as a big block when i first built it, then i progressed to the LS world. Now currently have 6.0/4l80 combo with 76mm turbo on it. Finally broke into the 9s with it. Looking forward to see what the dates and locations of this year's Drag Week as me and a few local customers want to give a shot and have fun with it.

this was at Bowling green LS Fest this past year.

Thanks for having me on board
                                Jeff
                                Last edited by bgblockelcamino; December 18, 2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X