Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Iam Will Robinson I live in eastern Canada and when my health allows I build and race front wheel drive race cars that exclusivly turn left, although I like right turns too . currently dd a 98 volvo s70 but am looking for a mid eighties to 91 burban, Ill now it when I see it.

Comment

• Hi folks, been lurking here for awhile. I have alot of old Pontiac stuff, but love all makes. Hope to make drag week in a Pontiac gasser.
      Keep the nose high and the ass planted.....

Comment

• welcome aboard newbies, be sure to jump right into the shark tank, peeps dont bite to hard LOL
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• Originally posted by bgblockelcamino View Post
          What's up folks? Newbie here from Pittsburgh PA. Have a Repair and Performance shop have been in business for 8 yrs now. Been running the NMCA LSX challenge with my LS Swapped 1986 El Camino. Started out as a big block when i first built it, then i progressed to the LS world. Now currently have 6.0/4l80 combo with 76mm turbo on it. Finally broke into the 9s with it. Looking forward to see what the dates and locations of this year's Drag Week as me and a few local customers want to give a shot and have fun with it.

this was at Bowling green LS Fest this past year.

Thanks for having me on board
          Jeff
          welcome.....but be warned. Drag Week is a "one hit and you're hooked for life" kind of a thing. DO NOT ENTER LIGHTLY.
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• hi folks. just checked this site out today for the first time. my name is jim homick. i live in tecumseh, ontario, canada. my current project is a '79 malibu. i also have a 1987 buick g.n. and a 1977 chevy stepside.

Comment

• Welcome, this is a cool site for gear heads.
              Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Hello All,

I found BS from a link posted on the HAMB. GREAT gear head site. I like pretty much everything automotive. I usually say I am a Ford/Mopar guy who likes Cadillac too, but I have my favourites in all the brands. My current fleet is a 95 Caprice wagon [LOVE the LT1], a 214k-mile 88 Grand Marquis wagon [tow package, 3:55 Trac Loc] and a 96 Tahoe [278k-miles, 4x4, Vortec] I bought recently for $350. Havent had much time to dig into the Tahoe yet, but joined a forum to help me learn. All of my cars have slight modifications, nothing radical. Looking forward to reading your project stories.

I live near Wooster Ohio, not far from Dragway 42 and Wayne Co Speedway. People are BIG into dirt racing here, 3 tracks within 30 miles!
                Last edited by Al Von; December 21, 2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Hello Lifetime gear head/drag racer here. Just looking for a new place to hang out.

Merry Christmas

Bruce Lee

Comment

• Welcome aboard folks!! Word to the wise though...this site is addictive!!lots of friends to meet!!
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by TC View Post
                      Welcome to the Forum Tony!!!!...... What's the A.R.E. stand for??
                      I will have to get back to you on the complete answer. The company I work for is "A.R.E. Performance & Machine" in Simi Valley, CA.

When Rocco Acerrio ( the owner) was working for an engine rebuild shop, he began building performance engines under the name " Acerrio Racing Engines". After taking over the company from his boss, he changed the company name from "Big Terry's Engine shop" to the current "A.R.E. Performance & Machine".

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony-A.R.E. View Post
                        I will have to get back to you on the complete answer. The company I work for is "A.R.E. Performance & Machine" in Simi Valley, CA.

When Rocco Acerrio ( the owner) was working for an engine rebuild shop, he began building performance engines under the name " Acerrio Racing Engines". After taking over the company from his boss, he changed the company name from "Big Terry's Engine shop" to the current "A.R.E. Performance & Machine".
                        Oh ok, I was wondering because I'm looking at getting a dry sump oil pan from this place that is called A.R.E also, though it stands for Armstrong Racing Engines and was just wondering if that is who you were associated with... Anyway Welcome to the forum!!!......

By the way this is the place I'm talking about...

Armstrong Race Engineering (ARE) Dry Sump Systems - products engineered with a passion

Comment

• Hello all. FNG here! Been lurking for awhile, figured I join up. I found out about Bangshift while I was on dragweek 2012. I kick it in Manhattan KS and drive a 98 Trans am. The girl is mostly bolt ons with some laughing gas. Best 1/4 mile run was in Gilliam, LA. She ran a 11.66@119mphish.

See you around,
                          Dino

P.S. I am a perv. So I will be spending the next day (maybe longer) looking threw the Ladies posing with cars thread. Lol...
                          Last edited by Dino98T/A; December 30, 2012, 10:29 AM.
                          http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...0101507a-1.jpgI'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Comment

• ALOT of Kansas peeps up in heres now, welcome aboard
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• Anyone have the Mopar bug? I'm the lucky owner of a 73 Challenger, and a 2010 SRT Challenger. Both are great cars, but of course, the 73 ranks at the top. I saw the postings about Power Tour 2013, and followed a couple of links, and here I am... Anyway, looking forward to meeting other members....especially anyone in the vicinity of Charlotte, NC...

Comment

• Welcome aboard.
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X