Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone,

Tim here from Crown Point, IN. Been reading the bangshift blog for a couple years now and finally decided to join the forums. For as long as I can remember cars have been my thing, you can thank my dad for that! I work as a truck mechanic at a Vacuum Truck shop. Finally bought my first "car" about 2 months ago, a 1971 Chevelle. Got some big plans for it but for now just keeping a little low key. Anybody else out here from northwest Indiana?

Comment

• Welcome...I'm sure there are many members in your area... Enjoy!!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Howdy All
        Looking For 455 Oldsmobile parts and looking to learn from y'all....
        Last edited by Bongo66; January 5, 2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Just found site - a lot of great things here
          Last edited by KHR; January 6, 2013, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Hello all I'm Ray from Indy I love old hot rods I have a 46 ford sedan with a 455 olds

Comment

• howdy! name is Joe, im from New Port Richey, Florida. im a tig welder/fabricator. been a chevy guy most of my life. ive had a love of hot rods since Dad bought my first hot wheels, lol. current project is an 87 iroc. ive done some street racing over the years, but my goal is to hit the track for the first time this year. been lurking a while,....figured id join up and meet some new people.

Comment

• Hi my name is chris

From the artic tundra of minnesota...

I for some reason as ive gotten older 35, lol.... like odd cars,

1977 ford pinto
                1994 ford lightning

hope to get the pint obuttoned up and make drag week either this year or next....

I also run a website dedicated to heads up drag racing in minnesota, wisconsin, iowa, etc

love what chad and brian do.... keep it up
                Last edited by thewookie; January 11, 2013, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Welcome to the site guys.
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Hi Guys,

My user name about covers it, my name is Russ, i live in the UK and amongst some of my cars i have got a 1960 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 bubble top. I also run a 1937 Ford Model Y with a westbourne roadster body, Rover V8 (what you guys probably know as the 215 Buick all alloy engine), Borg Warner 65 auto, and Jag IRS.

Like most of you guys i guess, i was mad on cars ever since i was a kid and in my teens in the mid 70's got interested in the Custom, Hot Rod and American car scene which was all the rage in the UK at that time.

Like most young guys at that age speed and acceleration was king, which led to me to doing engine swaps, head swaps, cam swaps, inlet and exhaust improvements etc until the day came when i bit the bullitt and had a go at putting something in the hole that was never meant to be there.

Over here in the UK back then the engine of choice was normaly the Rover V8, plenty about and for peanuts.

In the late 80's early 90's i did a bit of Drag Racing (Street Classes) which i enjoyed very much but the recession and a divorce put an end to that, and i have never driven the track since. I know one trip down the 1/4 mile and i would be hooked again, like a drug addict.

Nowadays i help crew on a mates Nostalgia Slingshot as a way of staying involved in the drag racing scene without all the expenses, i go to a few shows and take many pictures along the way, i have just recently started my own little forum which i use mainly as a platform to post up my pics for anyone who is interested.

I will dig out a few pics of my rides past and present and post them up a bit later.

Hope this is ok for an introduction.

Cheers.

Russ.
                    www.ukrusshotrodforum.proboards.com

Comment

• Originally posted by UK RUSS 1960 OLDS View Post
                      I will dig out a few pics of my rides past and present and post them up.
                      Russ, welcome to our world !!!
                      Looking forward to some of your car pics ...

Comment

• Welcome Russ.........you a Wheeler Dealers fan?
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• Guten Tag, all. Mark from Vermont. New to having a classic car (2009) but having a blast with a 1964 Buick LeSabre 4d Sedan that looks almost identical to the one my Dad first took me to drive in back in the late 70s.

Looking forward to learning more!

Comment

• Welcome to BangShift Russ! Thanks for climbing in. You'll love it. I for one am addicted. Don't get addicted. Well....okay get addicted. Great people. Real people with a whole lot of car knowledge and an edgy sense of humor.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• welcome to all the new guys and good to see some more from UK, land of the cheap gas.
                              Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                                welcome to all the new guys and good to see some more from UK, land of the cheap gas.
                                Hi greenXpress,

I guess the land of the cheap gas was referring to where you are, it is the best part of 11 bucks a gallon over here in the UK.

Cheers.

Russ.
                                www.ukrusshotrodforum.proboards.com

Comment

Working...
                                X