Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the fun Sprints!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Another newb. Been lurking for awhile.
      2003 GMC Sonoma LQ4/4L80e Turbo Drag Week project

Comment

• another PA Peep, welcome
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• Watching for a couple of months, thought I'd jump in. Working on cars, trucks, etc. since the 70's. Someday I'll get it right!

Comment

• Cool! Welcome to the madness..

Comment

• Newbie from California with a passion for all forms of motorsports. Drag raced for 20 plus years in a 71 Firebird and most recently have been hooked on autocross, participating in Good-Guys and SCCA events. Project "Underdog" is a 2002 Ford Lightning that weighs 4,900 pounds with me in it but hey, thats what makes it fun!

George
              Last edited by pro71bird; March 31, 2013, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Hey NFG here...stumbled onto the site via a google search to wash my 51 pontiac with comet (an old shool trick I remebered from being a youngen) Thought it would be a good place to hang out...
                Cheers,
                Paul

Comment

• Welcome Paul - enjoy yourself.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

• New guy from Chesapeake, VA... been lurking around watching the 1966 Pro Touring mustang build... created a profile just to ask for an update!!!

Since I'm here, going to stay awhile... love the activity I've see going on.

Current project is a 1965 Mustang Coupe.... complete restomod, currently hanging on a home built rotisserie.

Comment

• Welcome, always good to have another 'stang banger here...

Hey, do you go by "Mich" or just by "5217"? LOL, j/k, what's your name dude?

And which side of the bay are you on? There's a few of us around them parts...
                      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

• I'm Justin. I'm 29 and I'm from Sullivan, Mo. I'm married and have 2 kids... I drive a foxbody mustang.
                        87 Mustang GT with bolt on's. Follow my build here:
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...d-Budget-Build

Comment

• Originally posted by projectcarforum View Post
                          I'm Justin. I'm 29 and I'm from Sullivan, Mo. I'm married and have 2 kids... I drive a foxbody mustang.
                          And, you have been busy already posting up your Mustang in the projects section. Way to go.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                            And, you have been busy already posting up your Mustang in the projects section. Way to go.
                            I have a thing for build logs!
                            87 Mustang GT with bolt on's. Follow my build here:
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...d-Budget-Build

Comment

• After reading the blog for years I'm finally getting around to introducing myself. My name is Wayne Loomer (Old Dog on the forum) and I currently am retired living in Bradenton, Fl. Don't have any projects going, my last project was a 67 chevelle that I threw a 383 in that I assembled myself. It ran 13.3's at New England Dragway a bunch of times and I only had a vague idea where the timing was and had no traction for the first 100 feet. Now for the small world department. From the time I was born until I was 5 I lived at 585 Hancock St, Abington, Ma. This is less than a 1/4 mile from Brian's house. Then my parents moved to 396 Lincoln St which is the same side of the street as Brian's house and back then there was only 2 houses between them. One of my father's best friends built the house that Brian lives in and I was friends with his son. I was a very different neighborhood back then judgeing by the videos and pics of the house now. I moved to Plympton till I graduated and then it was the Navy, Vt, CA, N.H. over 25 yrs, MA and now Fl.

Comment

• Hi everybody,my name is Herbie Zampin,i'm from Baltimore Md. I have been going to the Drag Strip since I was 8. In 1970 my uncle took me the Capitol Raceway to watch some of the cars he did motors for.They had Funny Cars that day.Thats where i meet the love of my life,Jungle Pam.While there back then the Funny Cars would do a burnout,then back up and do a dry hop.Well I was in the staging lanes when Leroy Goldstien,driving "The Ramchargers" Cuda was racing Don Schumacher in the "Stardust".After the burnouts were complete Don went to do the dry hop and all hell broke loose. Dons' car was still in reverse when he did his dry hop backing up over a fence behind which was a set of bleachers full of spectators.I was standing beside the fence post,next to the staging lanes, when the car hit the fence the body exploded,a piece of the fiberglass body went in my head,knocking me across the staging lanes and I flew into a S/S car.I wound up ripping his scoop off his car.Two years ago while @ Maple Grove I was able to talk to Don himself,I told him of my experience,he just looked to the ground shaking his head telling me how sorry he was.He took full responsibility, telling me he just never took the car out of reverse.That said a lot about the man, he could have blamed it on something mechanical or something,but he took responsibility.I was very impressed with that. He then took me to his trailer,introduced me the the whole US Army Team,Gave me a autographed US Army Team shirt & Hat. That was my introduction to Drag Racing.

Comment

Working...
                                X