Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just came off of the power tour with my 53 chevy 3100. Met a ton of great people and am looking forward to next year already. She's sporting a 350/350 12 bolt and ifs.

Comment

• Welcome to the best car forum on the planet !
      Love your truck, I used to have a '46.
      Don't forget to checkout our Power Tour board too ....

Comment

• I met some of the members while on the Power Tour and saw quite a few of the "BS" stickers. Just thought I would see what it's all about.

I have a 67 C10 I've owned for the past 18 years (bought it when I was 15). It's a decent looking driver with 350/700R/3.75, PDB, Vintage Air, and relocated fuel tank. I actually built this truck. Pics are here:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...t=build+thread

Next up is my 65 Mustang I bought "done" a few years ago (didn't want to screw with paint again), but it's had a ton done to it since. It's currently undergoing a T5 swap because my C4 pooped out on the Power Tour (luckily made it back home!). The first pic is the day I got it. The others are current with the 17's, Shelby drop, and a lot of other stuff I can't remember but is in my "build" thread on that car here:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=526257

Last up is my 67 firebird rust bucket, dubbed "Project Rusty Chicken." It was my dad's car in the early/mid 80's. Was pretty nice until the early 90's when the motor blew and it pretty much sat outside for the next 20 years. I'll be working on that next when the Mustang is done and I'm done modifying my C10 again.
        Last edited by Jesse James 80; June 30, 2014, 11:06 AM.
        1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
        1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
        1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

• Welcome aboard -
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Greetings, bangshifters!

Thanks to tardis454 for getting me into car projects and on here.

Currently this and what it's going into represents my spare time consumption which I'll elaborate on more in the project section.

Many salutes,

-CBJ
            Last edited by jessenator; July 11, 2014, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Welcome aboard jessentor, keep us informed on your project.
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Hay!I am Mike Clanton and I have a 1969 Sport Satellite with a 8-71,440 that I got in 1988 with no engine and I have proceeded to make the car how I would like it ever sense.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Clanton View Post
                  Hay!I am Mike Clanton and I have a 1969 Sport Satellite with a 8-71,440 that I got in 1988 with no engine and I have proceeded to make the car how I would like it ever sense.
                  that is one badder asser ride Mike .. welcome to the best forum on the planet !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                    that is one badder asser ride Mike .. welcome to the best forum on the planet !!!
                    Thanks!This looks like a great site!

Comment

• Yes... Welcome!
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Hi All, Ray is my name. Lifelong gear head. Retired from a career in the auto business. I am not a racer, though i enjoy some types, especially nostalgia drags. Over the years I have been into engine swaps, VW's, off-reading Jeeps, motorcycles and classic era airplanes. Current active project (yes, there are a few inactive) is '38 Buick Coupe into which I am swapping a GM Vortec 4200 DOHC 6 and 4L60E trans and upgrading rear axle, suspension and brakes, etc. Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum and am sure it will be entertaining as well. Will try to make useful contributions when the opportunity arises.

Comment

• Hi Ray! Welcome to the looney bin!
                          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• Thank you! ......Glad to be here....Love your avatar......I think you must have a pretty good sense of humor.

Comment

• Hey, Ray, you've been on here for 7 days now, time to post again! If you want some quality entertainment, go to the "Fall Colors Tour" thread!!! And yes, everyone who knows me knows that I always have a sense of humor!! In fact, I guess you could say that I'm full of "bangshift"!!!!!!!
                              Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• Finally after years of lurking, I signed up. Drag Week is what brought me here the past few years, but there is some pretty cool stuff happening here too elsewhere. Someday I wish I could do the Drag Week thing, but for now I'll have to be entertained by the others that are actually doing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X