Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scottyt View Post
    Wanting to get away from some of the ugliness of yellow bullet and expand my horizons from the HAMB.
    Then this is the place for you! We've got lots of members from both of those forums, but enjoy a camaraderie that neither of those places does. We're more of a fellowship than a forum ... welcome Scotty !!!

Comment

• Hey all,
      Bob here...Nothing too worthy in my life regarding car stuff. I've got a quarter century of auto repair as a career, but nothing cool in the garage. Been spending (too much) money with other hobbies, so a cool car has never graced me (yet). As a "car guy", I love anything with wheels, and/or an engine. Either way, I've been lurking the cool videos on the main page for quite some time, but never noticed (duh) there was a forum.
      So....here I am. Rah.

Shouldn't we have cake and beer now?

Bob
      Hello.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
        Hey all,
        Bob here...Nothing too worthy in my life regarding car stuff. I've got a quarter century of auto repair as a career, but nothing cool in the garage. Been spending (too much) money with other hobbies, so a cool car has never graced me (yet). As a "car guy", I love anything with wheels, and/or an engine. Either way, I've been lurking the cool videos on the main page for quite some time, but never noticed (duh) there was a forum.
        So....here I am. Rah.

Shouldn't we have cake and beer now?

Bob
        Bob, if I can fit, you'll fit just fine! Jump in and join the fray. Post away, and thanks for joining in!
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Thank you Peewee!
          Hello.

Comment

• Hello all,

Jeff here---I've been around the forum in the Power Tour threads and just notice this intro thread---so thought I'd do the bio. Been a retail buyer all but the last 3 years of my career--then I tried selling Audis for a year--didn't take, so now retired back in home state of Florida. I have been a car guy since birth, but things never worked out to have fun rides since I sold my 68 Mustang fastback and 68 Plymouth Sat. Now I finally have some power under my tail and this is the place to be for the ol "4-speed kid". Hope to meet everyone on the tour this year and for sure I'll have beer in the cooler!
            Last edited by Z06 Gator; January 2, 2015, 07:58 PM.
            It's always driving weather in Florida!

Power Tour long haul 2015,2016, BG only 2017

2015 Silver VW GTI
            2000 Pewter Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk

Comment

• Welcome Jeff! Jump in and hang on, we sure have a lot of fun!

pdub
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by peewee View Post
                Welcome Jeff! Jump in and hang on, we sure have a lot of fun!

pdub
                Thanks for the welcome peewee----I lived in Knoxville up your way for 4 years when I worked for Goody's and Ira A Watsons. We loved the area.
                It's always driving weather in Florida!

Power Tour long haul 2015,2016, BG only 2017

2015 Silver VW GTI
                2000 Pewter Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk

Comment

• Bring lots of beer Jeff his is a pretty thirsty bunch on Power Tour
                  Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                  The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• And don't forget the wine!
                    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• Josh here from Danville, Illinois.

I was driven home from the hospital in my Dad's 1970 Z/28. I have been hooked on cool cars ever since! I have owned several Chevrolets since then. The number is almost 40, I believe.

Currently I have a 1969 Camaro 327 TH350, 1983 C10 that has been lowered but otherwise stock, a bone stock 1993 Caprice with a 350, and a 1976 Ironhead Chopper.

I have wanted to do Power Tour since it started, but something always came up to prevent it. I had a pretty close call with a couple clogged arteries in July. The day I got out of the hospital, I put a plan in motion with the help of a few close friends, to drive my Camaro on Power Tour this year. It was just a shell and a garage full of parts in November. It is coming along very nicely with everyone's help!

I have made a 100% recovery, and don't ever plan on being on that table again. I am just glad I found this forum and group of people on here! I'll be bringing everyone that helped me, and I am buying plenty of beer!!!

Comment

• Welcome, Josh!
                        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• Welcome aboard Josh -
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Hey guys, I'm Shane Novack from PA. I am currently the proud owner of a 1963 impala sport coupe. When I bought her she had 18,000 original miles, a true barn find. I was 15 at the time and had saved up 8 years! I'm now 18 and currently attending college learning how to build engines

Comment

• Welcome to the madhouse Shane, jump right in and join the fun !

Comment

• Hi Shane!

Comment

Working...
                                X