Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the bestest car forum on the planet Jeff ... jump right in and start posting.
    Let's see some pics of your junk.

Comment

• Time to come out from the shadows.
      Hi, Steve from Coal City Illinois here. I've been following Bang Shift for a while now and high time I joined in on the fun. I thought I had registered a few years back, but as it turns out I hadn't. So as long as my mind is clearly already going, I'm hoping to fit in.
      '67 Plymouth GTX
      '09 Dodge Challenger RT

PT Long Haul '13, '14, '15, '17
      PT Short Haul '10, '11, '12, '16, '18

Comment

• Welcome to the forum (finally) Steve ... let's see some pics of your Plymouth !

Comment

• Sure and thanks, here is a recent one of our GTX.

Click image for larger version

Name:	11146544_586349291506115_4227153779052792848_n.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1030277
          '67 Plymouth GTX
          '09 Dodge Challenger RT

PT Long Haul '13, '14, '15, '17
          PT Short Haul '10, '11, '12, '16, '18

Comment

• Hello
            My name is Tony Hoffer. 52 years old

I live outside of St.Paul MN ..
            I have a 72 Chevelle Malibu.. That was my first car in 1980... The car has been somewhat modified with a pump gas 406.. Best time was an 11:38.
            I am currently working on a Vega Im turning into a Pontiac Astre.. Have a few shots of the slow progress in the Projects section under The DisAstre project...
            I also have a few Brut snowmobiles from 1972 -74.. They were the first production liquid cooled snowmobiles. To find my garage just follow the sound of Frank Zappa playing.
            Last edited by Hoffbug; May 10, 2015, 07:26 PM.
            " You can sleep in your car, But you cant drive your house"

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveRT View Post
              Sure and thanks, here is a recent one of our GTX.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1030277[/ATTACH]
              Sweet GTX, Steve! Welcome!!
              Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• Beautiful GTX Steve! My first car was a '67 Dodge Coronet 500 and it shares a lot of the same lines as yours.

Welcome to the forum Tony .. we need a pic of your Malibu. I'd love a pump gas 406 in my Vette !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                  Beautiful GTX Steve! My first car was a '67 Dodge Coronet 500 and it shares a lot of the same lines as yours.

Welcome to the forum Tony .. we need a pic of your Malibu. I'd love a pump gas 406 in my Vette !!!
                  " You can sleep in your car, But you cant drive your house"

Comment

• Thanks to a fellow on Jalopnik I've been talked into joining on here...

Born and raised in Missouri and living since my teenage years in Kansas I've been tinkering with mechanical stuff since given my first weed eater engine to tear apart (and never put back together). After competing in FIRST Robotics when I was in high school I ultimately pursued and engineering degree and am now working (ironically not as an engineer) for an AG equipment manufacturer here in Kansas.

Starting in my high school years I graduated from wrenching on remote control cars to the real deal when I got a 1989 Cherokee XJ as my first vehicle (after a couple years of driving hand-me-downs). After doing maintenance and repairs to it, I ultimately bought a 1987 Chrysler Conquest when I was in college, rebuilding the engine and (not wisely) using it as my sole vehicle; sending the Cherokee down the road. That car has seen two engine rebuilds, rebuilt suspension and a whole butt-load of maintenance, ultimately serving as my autocross car today.

Over the years I picked up a 2004 Malibu Maxx which served me for a few years before getting replaced with a 1985 C10 that had undergone an extended cab conversion when it was new. That truck served as my daily for a while and underwent a fuel injection conversion before being sidelined by my current daily, a 2011 Cruze (born and raised a GM person, as you might tell). Ultimately the C10 and Conquest have stuck around as my play toys; keeping me busy when husband duties allow.

There's a lot more to some of these stories, but I'll leave that to other posts. I look forward to sticking around here!

Comment

• Welcome. Would like to see a pic of the C10, sounds unusual...

Comment

• welcome to our shared insanity.
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 12, 2015, 10:54 AM.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
                          Welcome. Would like to see a pic of the C10, sounds unusual...
                          Here ya go! This was a couple years ago. The truck is now partially stripped down as I redo the steel and bondo work on the extension. The bondo was beginning to crack and after digging into it I found that there were no supports around the rear windows and structurally the cab wasn't very sound. What was going to be a quick fix and repaint has now turned into quite the project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxzillian View Post

Here ya go! This was a couple years ago. The truck is now partially stripped down as I redo the steel and bondo work on the extension. The bondo was beginning to crack and after digging into it I found that there were no supports around the rear windows and structurally the cab wasn't very sound. What was going to be a quick fix and repaint has now turned into quite the project.

I remember seeing these at dealerships in the upper midwest back in the day...always intrigued me, but, I never took the bait... nice find! we would be interested in more pictures...Maybe start a project thread on the project cars update!? anywho...Welcome!
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxzillian View Post

Here ya go! This was a couple years ago.
                              Is that on the salt at Bonneville ?

Comment

• That's correct. A friend of mine was running a 1000cc bike there and I was helping him out. I vowed to never take my truck back out there again due to the amount of rust the frame collected after that trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X