Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 Mach 1 4V
    165,000 Miles
    Daily Driver
    I'm an all Ford guy but enjoy many cars. Believe cars should be driven and maintained not hidden away in a barn or a showroom. This car has quite a history of survival. It's always needing something to keep it in top shape but that's just the life.
    A member of the Silver Mustang Registry SMR#1390
    Love racing, music and fiction.

Comment

• Welcome to the site DarkShadow
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkShadowMach1 View Post
        Believe cars should be driven and maintained not hidden away in a barn or a showroom.
        You'll fit in here just fine, welcome to the madhouse ....

Comment

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post

You'll fit in here just fine, welcome to the madhouse ....
          Thanks guys. Looks like a great place to hang out!

Comment

• Hey Darkshadow watch for the Fall Colors Tour thread. It will be in October a great weekend to spend with some Forum Freaks.
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Hi guys,

I broke my hip mountain biking a few weeks ago, so got some spare time on my hands...

I am (or was) working on an '83 Mustang convertible, GLX 5.0. It's pretty clean (original paint - could use paint, a few small spots on and underneath the body), and had a former life as an autocross car with a cage (cut out to appease insurance). It's carb'd with a bolt-on roller 5.0 (heads, cam, intake, headers / h-pipe, holley 670 avenger, ignition, big rad), Cobra brakes, and suspension... and as it sits, I'm fixing little things like suspension, wiring, interior, etc. Had a few set-backs with the project - last year my dog needed huge surgeries, and this year I'm really broken and off work a while.

I'd like to make it nice and driveable and presentable. It's actually quite a rare car (special ordered, 1 of 250 according to the Marti report), and I'm lucky the prev owner threw in the interior and original engine/trans/rear end. I've thought about fuel injecting it, and I'm converting it to a grey interior because the original color (off-white vinyl w/ black carpet) is nasty. Will probably keep it grey when I get around to re-painting it. I'm happy with the current power (~280 wheel horse). Will probably autocross or drag it once a year.

Here's a few pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	10250259_10152346529791840_6936038614718799842_n.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	1039664

Click image for larger version

Name:	10553591_10152489094066840_2014969368851309251_n.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1039665

I've watched some of the build threads here and they're great. This place looks like a really great resource.

Comment

• oh gawd, another Fox guy.

Kidding. I have a couple myself... I like the Mach 1 type wheels on there. Welcome aboard!

/edit, cuz I edit everything...

Oh yeah, you can't just say "H/C/I" here. What kind of heads? Is it the almighty BeeCam! (praise beecam)? What kinda intake?
                Last edited by Beagle; June 16, 2015, 11:19 AM.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Welcome aboard Mike! That's a sweet little Fox you got! There's a few of us on here that are familiar with them, so give a shout if you have any questions. Start a build thread if you haven't already.

What axle does it have?
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Haha, thanks guys.

I know it's a Fox... and honestly, while I love Foxes, I like cars that can actually turn too. My first car was a Nissan NX2000, and prior to the 'stang, I rode motorbikes (was a sport-touring guy, had a Bandit 600 and a VFR800).

Anyways, it has...
                    • Edelbrock heads (I think Performer RPM's? would have to check);
                    • Trick Flow Stage 1 cam;
                    • Edelbrock Performer RPM intake;
                    • Holley Street Avenger 670 carb;
                    • Patriot 1.6 roller rockers;
                    • BBK equal-length shorties;
                    • A later ('90) T5;
                    • 8.8 rear end with 3.55 gears
                    I didn't do any of this stuff! I bought it from a guy who worked at Summit, and I think he bought odds and ends from work as well as horse-traded some parts to build an American Iron car. But it's also a lot cheaper than finding all these parts myself.

You just can't find better project cars than these - parts are so cheap and every problem has been solved, then documented on a forum or Youtube.

Comment

• Welcome from one of the few females on here! Although I am a confirmed Chevy-holic, I enjoy seeing everyone else's cars. If we all liked the same thing, the world would be pretty boring!! Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you are recuperating well!!
                      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• Thanks! Hope to be useful again soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by foureyedmike View Post
                          My first car was a Nissan NX2000, .
                          Dude! I love those little bastards! I never thought much of them until a friend let me drive his back in about 94 or so. Holy $%^! that thing was a blast! I've wanted on ever since.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Haha, yep! Had it from 2000-2001, in my late teens.

Unfortunately, mine had grandpa-tires on it (the original 55-series V-rated Potenzas were long gone), and had a rough life before and during my time with it.

However, it cornered well, and it really surprised on the street. I was lucky to take it to the strip and autocross it. The stiff rear roll bar made it drop-throttle oversteer, especially with the crap tires.

Had to get rid of it to pay for school, and my cars since have been a bit lame. (An auto A3 Jetta, a 5-speed '01 Accord, and a few Foresters). I can't believe I snuck the NX2000 past my parents, and that I only got two speeding tickets in it.

They're thin on the ground today, and really a bit of a forgotten car.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                              Hey Darkshadow watch for the Fall Colors Tour thread. It will be in October a great weekend to spend with some Forum Freaks.
                              Will do!

Comment

• Hello,
                                Kenny from Graham, WA.
                                Grew up with my dad always tinkering on vehicle projects, Never really finished one or had a driver. So passed down to me, I have never really had a rod project. He has passed and I have kept his old 56' Dodge truck. Just got it home and going to get to working on her. Ive always working in the parts business, currently working at a offroad shop slinging parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X