Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Zakly!

Still, welcome on board. I'm from PW's OTHER life in Land Speed Racing which is great for old guys like me. Hope you can come our way as soon as we know where our next track will be.

Dan

Comment

• PeeWee is a busy man! I just joined myself because of him wanting me to check out this site. I meet several of the other members this past weekend and had a great time meeting them.

My name is Cameron, I own a 2015 Mustang GT convertible with a few goodies added. I meet PW this weekend and the irony of it all, I traveled 130 miles to meet someone that lives less than a mile from me as a crow flies. Definitely a small world.

This is my ride
      Last edited by BlackGT; October 18, 2016, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Welcome aboard Cameron, great to have you join this band of misfits.....lol. Glad we didn't scare you off last weekend.
        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Thank you for joining Cameron, you were already a Bangshifter and didn't know it. If you can sit with us at the Gearhead Inn, well, that's what you get when we get together. We're all nearly normal the rest of the time.

Uhhhhh, no we're not.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Normal is subjective but to my standards, you are good to go. I hope that doesn't bring my standards into question.

Comment

• Nah... normal is relative to those we hang out with... we are a family around here... they say you can pick your friends but not your relatives, but that is not the case here... we all seem to be blood relatives even if that is the blood spilled on the garage floor from our battered knuckles! Welcome!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                I hope that doesn't bring my standards into question.
                Everyone's standards here are called into question !

Comment

• I'm mostly a bike racer. MX as a kid, roadrace and drag racing as an adult(by age, not responsibility level). Bike one is a 2007 GSX-R 1000 turbo RST deal and it runs 7.60s. I bought it pretty much set up. I have only reworked everything on the bike as the previous owner simply let it get dusty. With a longer swingarm and more traction, the bike might be in high 6s as it MPHs @ 200. The turbo was a mess when I got the bike. I didn't perform any miracles on the bike. I just overhauled the nautilus and got everything functioning as it should have been. It is docile enough to street ride, but I never do that.

My new piece is a 2015 BMW S1000RRR that is quite nearly stock as far as the engine is concerned. I put an Akra Evo pipe with long can on it, lightened the bike substantially, and have the cyl. head being developed by a porter that is the equal of whoever does the heads for the WSBK team. The bike sees lots of dyno time. Over the winter I hope to come up with some custom camshafts and pistons, as well as drop in a set of Carrillo connecting rods so the bottom will up to a smallish shot of N2O. I am going to pop a real Walbro pump in the tank while things are apart. All development is being done on the same dyno, so I have apples to apples data.

I have a low 10 sec. '69 Swinger that just sits as I develop my two race bikes. I work on other people's junk all the time. Cars, bikes, trucks, race and not.

I used to live at race tracks -- I went to Uni. approx. 15 mins. driving time from a 1/4mi. strip. I'm not an ME. I'm an EE.

Comment

• welcome
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Hi guys. New to the forum...about three years ago. Never have posted anything - just been a lurker mostly - but I enjoy all the characters and definitely enjoy watching all the projects and seeing the progress, problems, and solutions that are shared here. My road-going fleet includes a daily driver Grand Am, a Chevy Colorado, a Miata, a Ford Ranger that's very nearly dead, and a '67 MGB GT that's already quite dead and the corpse is rotting, but I'm hoping to breathe new life into it someday. I'm located in North Central Ohio, the heart of rust country, very close to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, and have enjoyed seeing many a race there. Not much thrill for me in drag racing, though in honesty I've never been a spectator or a participant. I thoroughly enjoy corners, though...probably why I only get about half the expected mileage out of any set of tires I put on my Grand Am! Never participated in auto-cross either, but I've been tempted many times. Since I've come into possession of a Miata (a very un-fun situation, but a fun car), I may have to give in soon. Also visit local car shows when I can - automotive history is fascinating to me, so always enjoy learning about the who, what, when, where, and why, of the machines, the industry, and the culture. I'm also a farm boy, so that curiosity extends to farm and construction equipment, as well. My family owns a farm that has seen four generations of us as care takers, and I'm the most recent to carry the baton, so that keeps me from getting bored.
                      Sadly, artificial intelligence will probably never be a match for natural stupidity.

Comment

• Welcome Scott.....glad to see you chime in and hope to hear more from you in the future. Theirs a lot of great people here, a few from Ohio and the Rust Belt....LOL
                        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• I'm Charles I from the Dayton Ohio area. I deal in car parts for a living, (mostly Ebay) I work for a terrible boss (my self) am Under-paid, work too hard and pert much live cars. I have 4 right now
                          98 Lumina
                          99 Explorer
                          99 Ford F-450
                          2002 Saturn L200

I have more car parts then some parts houses. I also grew up in a Car Family with people that Raced. I know too much about C.O.P.O's for my own sanity.
                          I have stuff out of closed GM plants, this was a GM town when I grew up, and I knew a lot of GM workers.
                          In my Carrear I started off in a Autobody shop. Got a job Cleaning up after a self taught body man. 7 years later I was doing some body work.
                          I have worked in and Ran Auto Salvage yards.
                          Worked and owned Wreckers.
                          Done towing with trailers too.
                          Have been 'free range' since 2001.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	007.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	421.5 KB
ID:	1138719 Click image for larger version

Name:	013.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	508.7 KB
ID:	1138720 Hi everyone from NE (Youngstown) OH,
                            Guess I'm a bona-fide lurker as I've been watching this forum for quite some time now and haven't posted 'til now. I'm one of those that likes to read and learn but never seems to contribute much of my own. But I've really liked what I've seen here, especially the Projects area. I really enjoy seeing what other guys (or gals) are working on and how you go about solving whatever issues/problems come up during the build. Never been much interested in big dollar/high end builds from the pro shops. Don't get me wrong here: I really admire and appreciate what these shops can build and are capable of. I'll never be able to accomplish what these places can do. There's so much I can learn from them. But since I'm a Joe-six-pack kind of guy I've always been interested in what the "average" guy can do in his home garage. And I'm always amazed what quality vehicles these "average" guys build. And I've seen plenty of that here.
                            Me? Well, I'm a 64 year old guy that's been retired for three years now and have been finally working on my project that I've owned for over 20 years. Meant to start on this thing after first buying it but, you know the story, life getting in the way and all. No complaints here, I've had a good ride and it's now finally been my time to get my garage in order and get something done on the project vehicle.
                            Ok so, the project. a '66 Impala SS convertible. I bought it as a completely stripped-down basket-case, rotted out quarters and floor pans no extra charge. Was originally a 283 Powerglide car but didn't come with either. Didn't matter as my plan was to install a big block and 4-speed. Most of the parts I got with the car were wrong, didn't realize that at the time. Spent several years tracking down the correct parts (took me a while to get the right rear seat, convertible seats are narrower, finally found one in a boneyard near me).
                            So as of now the frame has been completely stripped, blasted, repainted, reassembled with new suspension, steering, and 4-wheel discs. All body and sheet metal work is done, repainted black, (yeah I know, black is a real bitch) and body back on frame. Have all new wiring harnesses and aftermarket air that need to go in yet. Working on rebuilding steering column and 4-speed console now. Have all new P.U.I. upholstery and seats are being recovered.
                            My plan is to simulate the 427 SS Impalas of that era. Won't be the real thing and I would never try to pass it off that way. I just really like the way those cars looked. I'll be running a .030 over 454 from a '73 pickup truck with 10:1 pistons (still at machine shop), aluminum heads (not sure which ones yet) and cam, headers, etc. to be decided. I'm using an M20 and a 3.42:1 posi 12-bolt.
                            So for someone that doesn't like to contribute much I guess I've said too much in an introductory post. Guess my point, other than to say hello, is that what I've seen and read here seems like home to me: real hot-rodders building what you like and what's fun to you. That's the point of it all, isn't it? That's where my head has been for a long time and finally where I'm at in my garage.
                            Hope to be contributing more.
                            Also hope these before and where-it's-at-now pics work.

Denny

Comment

• Denny,
                              Sorry I didn't get to this sooner! Welcome Aboard! we welcome all to the pool! we will do our best to advise and enable those in our little band of brothers! A good start might be to put your project in to the project updates thread... also feel free to ask questions... the wealth of knowledge available here is unlimited!
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Thanks Patrick. That's a good idea for me to start a project thread; something I need to work on. Appreciate the welcome.

Denny

Comment

Working...
                                X