Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all,

Thought I'd sign in because it seems like a good community. I'm down in Australia, a huge fan of anything Mopar, and an even bigger fan of anything budget that is built for the street.

At the moment my road-ready rides are a 1980 Chrysler Valiant and a 1988 LandCruiser... both modified of course. I'll throw a quick thread up on each.

Cheers all - boingk

Comment

• Welcome to the party!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Whoops, only just saw the sticky. Go reading comprehension.

My name is Andy, unsurprisingly. Just joined the BS family recently! I've been racing for a fair few years, mostly at my home track, Byron IL, as it's the closest to home. My daily car is a dull import from Germany, and not terribly quick down the track. The best I've done is embarrassing, high 14's at 99mph--establishing that I apparently can't drive a clutch to save my life!

My race car only has two wheels, and is a `95 ZX9R. Minimally modified, stock wheelbase, and good for 10.30's @ 136 on a good day. It carried me to r/u in 2012 in the 2WheelSpeed Street Eliminator class (10.50 index, pro tree) in points. Hopefully this summer, I'm going shopping for something that will be competitive in the 9.50 and possibly even 8.90 classes. Seems like bikes are just that much more fun to race to me, as it's so much easier and cheaper to go properly quickly, and you can hold yourself in position in the beams with your toes! :D

Anything fast is fun. What we define as fast is where the arguments start.

Comment

• welcome Andy! You'll get the hanf of that 4 wheel clutch yet! The answer to such problems is always more power!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Hello my name is Ben I am from Ontario Canada

Comment

• Welcome Ben your going to make a lot of new friends here so find topics that you can chime in on and get to posting even better if you can go on Power Tour were you can meet all these gearheads in person. Glad your here and welcome aboard.
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Hi Everyone! Evan here from San Diego! I just got some good news and wanted to share. I haven't been able to drive for a while now from an accident but my eye surgeon just told me it looks good for passing the DMV eye exam! Oh Yeah! Now I just have to remember how to drive...Lol! ;) Hey, anyone ever do any Kart Racing? Looks fun. I'm going to check it out. If I like it, my new build is going to be The Wickedest Tow Car Ever! :D To all my new friends, be happy, have fun, and be well!!!

Comment

• Welcome aboard Evan, glad to hear you've recovered from that accident and your about to start driving again. Look around the site and join the conversations.

Comment

• Hello All,
                    Name is Delous Allen.
                    I am living in Lawton OK

I joined the sight to use the valuable resource of knowledge that is here. :_)

I just dropped off my Mopar 400 to the shop. Going to be building a 474 or 496 out of it. I have some good questions in regards to rotating assemblies and what not. And money will be a limiting factor. LOL. All to get dropped between the fenders of my 73 Barracuda.

We will see how it goes and thanks to everyone, Enjoy!!!!

Comment

• Hello Everyone

I'm Dave from West Milton, Ohio and have been a lurker for a while and decided to join. I have been on a couple of legs of the power tour before and I am going for the long haul this year. Last year I had to haul my Caprice Wagon home on a trailer after the fuel pump went out in St. Louis.

Comment

• Welcome to the fray Delous and Dave!!! Lots of great folks here, and the meeting up in person is even better! Wail away, we're mighty glad to have ya!

Photos? We LIKE photos!
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• I following the directions, but my pictures will not load. I get an x when I try to load a picture.

Comment

• Dave....about the picture send Monster (Steve) a PM (Private Message) and he will help you out and welcome aboard!
                            Last edited by Big Dave; February 7, 2017, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• also - there is a sticky - how to post pictures - personally I have to link over from Photobucket - open photo in Photobucket - right click - copy - go to thread window - right click paste. Bingo -

Last edited by 70chevyC-10; February 8, 2017, 05:44 AM.
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Hi,
                                We're Gary And Loretta. Joined because we are going to long haul the HRPT, which has been on my list for years. We are Ranchers in Montana (its a long haul just to get to the long haul!) We've both been into cars forever. Drag race, autocross, rock crawl and car shows. If you want to know more my website is on my profile.

Comment

Working...
                                X