Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should do this again... As y'all can pretty much see, I joined nearly 7 years ago. Bought a bitchen car, got into it some and had to lay off for money and health reasons, So, things have improved and I wanted to get back here and document my bang-shifter. Oh the Dart now competes with my Harley Davidson Sportster - I treated myself. As stated in my sig, I have a 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 / 4 speed car manufactured at the Hamtramck plant. I'm the second owner and it was sold new right here in Albuquerque. I am in the midst of rebuilding the front end and changing over to front disks. future plans are to rebuild the 340, slip in a stroker 416 kit and wait a few (hopefully) months for my 5 speed trans from Passon Performance. I've already sourced a 742 case and a Sure Grip (clutch type) for it. Now that I know the 5 speed will happen I can choose a more fun gear set and still drive on the highway!
    Last edited by Geo4k; September 4, 2017, 12:36 AM.
    sigpic
    1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 / 4 speed
    USAF Retired (1984-2005)

Comment

• Welcome back George ... glad to hear that you are back on your Dart project. Why not start a project thread for it and how about a pic of your Sporty ?

Comment

• My name is Chris Hardesty and I have been a drag racing fan for almost all my life. Ran a alcohol powered big block Camaro for a bit about 10 years ago.
        I currently am the President of DRAW, The Drag Racing Association of Women and yes I am a guy. I started out as a volunteer almost 20 years ago and now besides being President I am the website coordinator, the electronic newsletter admin, on the financial board and just about everything else that needs to be done. DRAW is a not-for-profit charity that gives financial and emotional support to any drag racer or team member that is injured at the track. We have given over $4,600,000+ to 880+ families since our start in 1985.
        I have been a Bangshift fan for years and have always just browsed the forum so I figure its time to make myself known.
        I am a gear head having owned over 20+ different street cars in the last 25 years. Everything from bone stock factory muscle cars from the late 60's and 70's to pro street, roll caged, big block cars that ran 9's in the 1/4 mile. Plus I have a passion for motorcycles old and new. Just sold a 1979 Suzuki GS1000E I restored last winter and currently ride a 1999 BMW K1200RS.
        Last edited by Harbone66; September 26, 2017, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• Welcome aboard!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Welcome to BangShift Chris, we're looking forward to stories of your exploits and we love pictures ... don't worry, we sometimes talk about cars (maybe you can help with that) !

Comment

• I am Leesa Johnson, a Professional online tutor, providing services to students in the UK. I connect to the forum for reading new things.

Welcome to the forum Leesa, read plenty of new things here ... but please do not post spam ~ Administrator
              [unauthorized link removed]

Comment

• I'm a newbie:
                David Pedersen and my wife and I currently live in Harlan, Iowa. I'm originally from Minnesota but there have been a number of rest-stops between Minnesota and Harlan, Iowa. I grew up in a garage and body shop so I've been around cars all my life. My interest is in restoration whether it be old guns, cars, lawnmowers, or antiques it really doesn't matter I'm game to tackle just about anything. I am currently working on my mother's 19631/2 Ford fastback Galaxie 500 2 door hardtop. If I don't finish it during my lifetime our kids, grandchildren, and great grandchildren will have something to tinker with and talk about after I'm gone.
                I also enjoy hunting, fishing, guitar playing, singing, and I'm also a woodcarver.
                If any further information is needed or desired contact me, or if you are in the neighborhood stop by the coffee pot is always on.
                Regards,
                DHP

Comment

• Welcome to the forum David ... sounds like you will fit in just fine.

Comment

• Welcome - love those fastbacks -
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Welcome aboard David glad your here
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Newb here as well.

I am Travis Thompson from Missouri. My son Tyler and I are attempting to rebuild a 64 Fairlane for his first car. We've owned it for 2 years today. Progress is slow and extra funds are hard to come by, but we are nearly to the finish. Car was a basket case when we began with no interior and wires hanging out of the dash. Tough place to start but we've learned together and mostly had fun. Tyler is now taking a 3 hour mechanics class at high school and is really get into hot rods and wanting to turn it into a career. My first car was a 63 Fairlane and my Grandfather was a Ford mechanic, so the blue oval blood runs deep. Glad to be here. I can't offer much input, but will soak up all I can. Enjoy reading and learning everything this group has to offer! I'll add a couple pics of our progress. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

• It's a learning curve for all of us....Welcome! Love the fairlane! Going Thunderbolt?
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Thunderbolt clone would be nice, but at this point we are shooting for "safely get to school". Once we reach that point things might get a little more interesting. I'm hoping when college comes along I will get to keep the car to do some modifications. Having a hard time getting the boy to agree to my plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by sixty4hardtop View Post
                              My son Tyler and I are attempting to rebuild a 64 Fairlane for his first car.
                              Welcome to the forum Travis ... you need to start a project thread for your build, so we can all follow along.

Comment

• Hey everyone!

My name's Gil. I'm from Indianapolis. I work for QuickTrick Alignment Tools. Gary (Owner of QT), and myself will be restoring, and bringing this 1985 MR2 back to road/track worthy condition. This two owner car only has 52k on it, and some minor wear and tear from the 32 years of it's existence. I'll be posting our build thread shortly, and look forward to hearing from the BangShift community!

Comment

Working...
                                X