Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
    Did they select a bad low-spot location, or is it like that everywhere ?
    It's part geography and part mother nature. If you have time to surf Google Maps, and find some shots before or after Spring 2018 (unlikely, I know) you can see how the Salt River is a tributary to the Ohio River. The Salt catches the run-off from areas east of the track. The Ohio, well, it IS the main drainage ditch from Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, etc. Any time, read most spring seasons, upriver locations get an abundance of winter thaw and/or spring rain, the river (Ohio) goes up here and generally floods the track. When we have an abundance of spring rain, like 2018, the area tributaries flood AND the river rises. 2018 was/has been an extraordinarily wet year for this area.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• I figured I should keep with proper etiquette and make an introductory post.

My name is Mark and I'm 40 years old, married to an amazing woman with the patience of a saint (She would have to be) we have 5 kids ranging from 19 to 7.

OK, more interesting stuff, I have a minor addiction, seems many of us do. I have 3 suburbans (87,98,99) an 02 silverado, 04 explorer, 95 infinity, and a 99 accord. Most of my experience has been in the mechanical repair genre, but I'm trying to broaden the horizons a bit.

Both of the newer suburbans have been improved with the 0411 PCM and the 99 is currently being converted to coil near plug ignition.

I am not an expert at anything and definitely not the craftsmen many of you are, but I am pretty versatile around a car, except body work, I suck at body work...

Thank you for allowing me to participate in this group, hopefully I will be able to contribute once in a while.

Comment

• Welcome Markmx6 sounds like you’l fit right in this site!

Comment

• Hello Everybody
          My name is Gozzie. We just bought a 1955 Ford Fairlane and are doing a complete body off build. I have been searching to find the right forum to join. This one seems to be more friendly towards us off the wall builders who are not purists to any make or model and are not wanting to restore to original condition. I love the 55 Ford looks but not so much the driveline. So I purchased a Chevy LS3 motor and 4L65 transmission to power our project. Anyways thank you for letting me join. I hope I can offer as much help to other builders as much as I will need the help myself. So now I'm off to my project build page. I'm about 2 weeks into it already and have a few photos to share as I go. Thanks again

Comment

• Welcome Gozzie and you did choose the correct site. Lots of knowledge and many forums for your liking. Hope to see you on next years HRPT. Again welcome to bangshift!!

Comment

• welcome aboard
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Howdy Folks, I'm Eric, I'm a hardcore car guy, who sometimes enjoys the road less traveled. my first car was a '79 Chevrolet El Camino, with a 305 that I promptly blew up and swapped a 350 into, and I've had about a dozen vehicles since, several trucks, a K5 Blazer, two Suburbans, a couple of 3rd gen F bodies, a GMT-800 truck, and my never ending project, a 1985 Pontiac Fiero that I call "The Banshee" which is probably fitting because it's been mostly dead for years, briefly resurrected just to be taken back apart for some other reason... I'll make a build thread for it, and post updates as I go. My daily is a 1988 Suburban, that I fondly refer to as "The Pig Rig", it has a 4" lift, with lots of nice parts from Offroad Design, I recently finished a trip to and from Alaska in it. Over the years I've been a member of several forums, including El Camino Central, 67-72 Chevy trucks, Thirdgen.org, The Turbo Forums, Speedtalk, Real Fiero Tech and many others. I look forward to seeing all of your projects, and maybe meeting some of you at Speedweek next year.

My dad and I at the Arctic circle in the Pig Rig:

The Fiero shortly after I bought it, circa 2009? 2010?

Last edited by ejs262; August 14, 2019, 08:16 PM. Reason: added a couple of pictures
                "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
                1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
                2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Comment

• Welcome, enjoy the site and knowledge of many just not mine!!!

Comment

• Enjoy!
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Hello everyone. My name is Ryan and I just joined bangshift. I'm not new to the hobby, and one of my cars was even on here a while back.

Anyhow, I like all sorts of cool stuff and I like to build cool stuff too. Haha I have a little bit of everything. A 72 Chevy Longhorn I converted to 4x4 and put a compound turbo P-pump 5.9 24v cummins in. It has 4 link and air ride in the rear as well. Then I have a 71 Camaro RS with a 5.3 that has a stage 3 BTR cam, and a Super T10. Last but not least I have a 1940 Ford Deluxe that is torn apart. It is getting a frame off pretty much. I put a 354 Hemi and 46rh in it with a 8.8 and it now has all new MII front suspension and is on air ride. I hope to get it drive able for next year. But I have my Uncle's 63 Corvette to fix up, and 3 Cummins conversions to do this winter too. I work as a diesel tech during the day and work on customer trucks/projects before work. I'm sure there will be some questions about the corvette, so ask away. Thanks for allowing me to join here!

Comment

• Welcome aboard

Comment

• Welcome...Please post lots of pics! We appreciate all forms of mechanical (and other) stuff!
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Welcome to the madhouse Ryan. I'll start with the '63 corvette questions ... coupe or vert ?

Comment

• Hey Lookie what I found !
                                The Correct Intro spot.
                                My nick name is Captain, as I have a Finnish name that looks like Captain Kangaroo. been called Capt since Kindergarden.
                                I'm a certified Rusty Iron Junkie, and in the 12 step program and Not To Drag Anymore Rusty Orphans Home! I have the disease BADD!!
                                52 Ford F5 farm truck, 62 Ford Pirsch Fire Truck, 66 White Texaco Tanker, 1950 CJ-3A with matching army 1/4 ton trailer, 1987 Suzuki Samurai, 85 Ford E350 van,
                                3 antique tractors, 4 motorcycles including my very first one a 73 Yamaha AT3, still have my first snowmobile, a 72 Massey Ferguson Ski Whiz 440,
                                plus 2 custom shop builds, the Indy Racer Project, and a Just for parades, a Horse Drawn Shit Spreader with a old Chevy Vega drive line, seats 6.

I will post pix in a later post or if you are in North Central Wisconsin, stop in,
                                Coffee is on the stove, beer's are in the shop fridge, and the hard stuff is in the cupboard !

Dat Displaced Yooper
                                Capt

Comment

Working...
                                X