Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone,

I'm joining this forum because I've never been much of a car guy (please don't throw rocks at me... yet) and wanted to get into the hobby, because I hate mone... I mean, because I have a personal project.
    The thing is that my father had imported back in the 80s a Chevrolet C 1500 form the USA, and it's now old and decrepit and has been like that for a while. But I'd like to restore it back to working condition when I come back home to Belgium and take my father for a couple rides on it... even if I don't have much experience restoring cars.

And that's why I'm here! I had looked for local clubs or forums first, but nobody in my homeland or in France had worked with that sort of truck, so I searched in English and landed here.

Thanks in advance for having me over and have a nice day!
    Last edited by Flanker27; April 22, 2020, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flanker27 View Post
      Hi everyone,

I'm joining this forum because I've never been much of a car guy (please don't throw rocks at me... yet) and wanted to get into the hobby, because I hate mone... I mean, because I have a personal project.
      The thing is that my father had imported back in the 80s a Chevrolet C 1500 form the USA, and it's now old and decrepit and has been like that for a while. But I'd like to restore it back to working condition when I come back home to Belgium and take my father for a couple rides on it... even if I don't have much experience restoring cars.

And that's why I'm here! I had looked for local clubs or forums first, but nobody in my homeland or in France had worked with that sort of truck, so I searched in English and landed here.

Thanks in advance for having me over and have a nice day!
      Welcome aboard! Post up some pictures of the truck, and be sure to ask whatever questions you may have, most of us will be more than happy to help! there's a Project car update section here

Where most of us keep build threads

On a side note, it looks like I'm not the only one using Fighter jet stuff in their username!
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
      1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
      2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by Flanker27 View Post
        My father had imported back in the 80s a Chevrolet C 1500 form the USA, and it's now old and decrepit and has been like that for a while. But I'd like to restore it back to working condition when I come back home to Belgium and take my father for a couple rides on it...
        Welcome .. We'll help where we can, so ask questions.

Comment

• Thanks!

I'm right now a couple thousand miles away from the truck and can't really take pictures of it, but as soon as it's possible to fly home, I'll oblige.

Comment

• I am very excited to join this forum. In my garage, there is a 2013 Subaru outback, I plan to buy a BMW X5 later this year, I read through this forum, found a lot of useful information for me.
            Last edited by Davisjason; September 22, 2020, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• Welcome to the madhouse.

Comment

• Welcome!!

Comment

• Welcome aboard all!
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Hello
                    I'm new member in this forum . I want to learn something and discuss some of problem. Thanks

Comment

• Cool, learn & discuss away !

Comment

• Welcome, you have come to right place for information!

Comment

• New guy from the Dallas, TX area.

Have always been a Mopar guy since purchasing my first car in 1975 at the age of 14 with yard mowing money. It was a 48 Plymouth Business Coupe. Drove it through most of high school with the original flathead 6 then bought my grandfather's 68 Plymouth wagon for the 383/727 built it using the old Direct Connection catalog recipe for a 12 second B Body and shoehorned it into the 48.

Eventually bought a 73 Cuda, pulled the 383/727 from the 48 and put it in the Cuda. Was pretty quick for a daily driven street car. After driving the Cuda for a few years I traded it for a 34 Plymouth coupe with a 318. Was in the middle of redoing the 34 when we started a family so cars went on the back burner for about 25 years.

In about 2010 bought another 48 Plymouth and built a hot rod 230 flathead from a 57 Plymouth. Had a finned aluminum head, cast iron headers, Offenhauser dual intake with Carter/Webber 2bbl carbs and an HEI distributor from an S10. Added an overdrive transmission and drove it for about 8 years that way.

Now I have a 37 Plymouth coupe in my avatar. Runs a 360 Magnum from a 95 Ram that has been converted to carb from the fuel injection and a 727.

Never have been involved in racing due to financial reasons, but have always enjoyed going to the track. Started off young as my dad ran dirt Super Modifieds around SW Missouri, NW Arkansas back in the early 60s as well as a Willys Gasser. Guess that is what got me interested in cars. Mopars were probably because of my uncle who was about eight years older than me and lived next door. He had a 70 Roadrunner with a built 383 that I was always "helping" work on.

Well now that you know my life's history guess I will shut up and take in what you all have to share.

My current 37 Plymouth.

Click image for larger version  Name:	full.jpg Views:	0 Size:	297.7 KB ID:	1279645

My old 48 with the hot rod flathead.

Click image for larger version  Name:	full.png Views:	0 Size:	580.4 KB ID:	1279646
                          Last edited by hkestes; September 2, 2020, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for the write-up, you'll fit in just fine .. welcome !

Comment

• Welcome, sounds like your a car nut and I love how that 37 looks!!

Comment

• Welcome aboard
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X