Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Newbies Introduce Yourself Here! Welcome!

Hello, my name is Dan Roney and I live about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh in Sarver, PA. I've been around the drag racing game for many years now, I just turned 65 years old about 2 weeks ago. I'm retired now for 3 years after almost 40 years of rotating shift work in the oil and chemical industries. It's so nice to have weekends, evenings and holidays off now. My wife still works and I get to stay home and try and raise 3 cats. Or should I say, they're raising me. I help out on a couple of IHRA T/S cars at my local track, Pittsburgh Raceway Park and also belong y to a group of folks that are trying to keep the spirit of old time drag racing alive here in the Western PA/ Eastern OH area. I look forward to "talking" with the folks on this forum.

Dan

Comment

Welcome to the club. ;D
      OH YEAH
      Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

my name is Ch1ll(no reference to where I live) and I'm a sconnie. Right now I'm freezing my ass off. I should of introduced myself a ways back but I haven't been to every corner of this site yet and I just got here. I'm tweaked of dragracing,60's modified, outlaw sprints and newly land speed racing which i have not witnessed yet. I have numerous automotive projects that are in a state of never get done. I have a job I like too much and as a result work long and hard. anyway I really dig this site and car guy stuff.

Comment

My name is Robert, live in El Paso - the home of MSD! Been lurking for awhile and thought I might as well introduce myself, I'm a ford guy at heart but have cheated on the blue oval a few times (Chevy Trucks, 86 IROC, 67 GS). Right now I have two Maverick Grabbers and a fox Mustang with a 460, back half bracket car.

Love the new site David!

Comment

Merry Christmas from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma!

Name is Ted Pledger
            I drive a 80 Z28 and I'm addicted to acceleration.

Comment

Good to have you.....Welcome Aboard.

This is "THE" website for carguys....

Seth
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by 6 Grrrs
                Newb here from SW PA. Been a motorhead all my life. Mostly GM products, but I've owned a few Chryslers & some foreign stuff, too. Owned my 454SS for 18 years & done all work myself. It may not look all that custom, but it has plenty of mods -- I like subtle & fast. I just finished a frame off resto on my '66 GTO. Plan to enjoy it this year instead of working on it. Got a few projects in my head that I plan to build in the near future. I've done the Power Tour twice in my pickup, and plan to do it again sometime (Long Hauler in 2007).

Some bitch.......that Goat is sweet!!

Welcome to the best damn car spot on the net

Comment

Welcome to our world of organized chaos and craziness.
                  Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Hi. Just stumbled into this forum, and thought I should register
                    I live in Norway, and in the summer I drive a 1961 Ford Galaxie.

It`s got a 390 engine.
                    Owned by my dad from 1971 to 1976, and I found it and bought it back in 2000.
                    Me in 1976 and 2007 back at our old house:

Got alot of memories and feelings for this car...
                    I`m also working on a 1939 Ford Delivery rod project.

It will get an Olskool style with a flathead engine.

Also have some other projects.
                    A 1954 Ford Customline with 53`Merc front.
                    Did alot of bodywork on this, and put in a 351 W engine before it was put aside.
                    But some day...

And a 1965 Dodge Coronet Stationwagon with slant six.

Well a few words about me and my rides.
                    This looks like a great forum by the way

Comment

You have a nice group of cars there.....Welcome to the Chaos.

Seth
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Welcome.....enjoy the insanity. Nice pics, I love seeing stuff from other parts of the world.
                        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Welcome to our little assylum.

Comment

Hey there! I'm Andy from Pittsburg, KS. Been reading all the blogs on CJTV/FJY for a while now. Freiburger was/is always my favorite editor. I don't have as many cars as ya'll, but I enjoy what i got.
                            I still have my first car, an 87 Mustang 5.0. I bought it when I was 18 and I've had it now for 16 years and have no intention of getting rid of it. It's not pretty but it has character and I can tell you where every scratch and dent came from. It still has the evidence on the spoiler from where my girlfriend (now wife) backed over a mailbox. I had a beater 65 Ford F100 for a couple of years until I shelled the 9" and the cab rusted off the frame. My daily driver is a 98 Chev Crapalier. I know everyone is jealous.

I'll toss up some pics when I figure out how to!

Comment

Andy, welcome to our assylum. Check out the "Photo posting 101" thread for details on posting pics.

Comment

Thanks truklovr. I'll check that thread out.

Comment

Working...
                                X