Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Newbies Introduce Yourself Here! Welcome!

hi bangshifters, Cam here. i will be on here to make fun of my dad.

Comment

Welcome Cam, very cool job on the tractor driving ;). Keep up with helping your dad.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by CAMMER20
        hi bangshifters, Cam here. i will be on here to make fun of my dad.
        Hi Cam....TOTALLY cool name....Welcome!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I will try to keep the kid in line ;D

I guess its better than him hanging out on Facebook or Myspace at 9 years old.
          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

This is my second post, first post was asking about the Maxton Mile event in April! While I'm a noob here I am on a lot of other sites including pro-touring, corvetteforums, ls1tech, and a few others & my screen name is the same on all of them.

My name is Craig, I'm originally from the Chicago area and moved down to Charlotte NC 3 years ago after finishing up my Graduate degree.

I found out about this site when I was on the long haul gang during the 2009 Power Tour.

Heres my ride... 2005 Chevy Corvette

Ive added a Vararam Intake, full LS7 exhaust - from manifolds to exhaust tips, Mild 2 Wild switch to open up the exhaust valves, and full C6 Z06 brakes all the way around.

I've got a lot more parts sitting in storage, I'll be buying my first house here in the next couple of months and will keep the modifying it when I get the proper space.

I've joined BangShift because I want more info on the Power Tour, as well as the Maxton mile.

I did the Long Haul last year and I had fun, but it was a solo trip and I want to hangout with more people.

I'm planning on doing the Long Haul again from Iowa to Mobile! This time I plan on bringing someone along to cut costs, as well as my buddy bringing his Lightning. Does Bang Shift do any events on the Power Tour thats not part of the main event?

Thanks,
            Craig

Comment

Hey Craig, welcome to the forum, as I said on the Maxton thread ... to the best car-guy forum on the planet !!

BangShift is well represented on the Power Tour, as usually 50 or so Forum Freaks wear BS Tour specific color coordinated T-shirts, that really promote the site and help identify each other, so we can walk up and say;
              "Hi, I'm bonecrrusher" and they will know what you mean !!
              :D

Comment

Craig, great to have you here. Hopefully we can shake hands at Maxton in April. Don't be afraid to post up and mingle ;D

Comment

I've put a huge post under the project cars section... LOL....

Dont worry, I'm here to mingle. Thanks for the info on Maxton & Power Tour. I really look fwd to both events!

Comment

hello
                    im steven from louisville ky
                    im 16 years old and a part of the very few gear heads
                    in my generation
                    i love cars, and have been around them my whole life
                    and i will not own anything but a chevy lol

Comment

Steven, glad to have you join us young ladd. Sorry to hear that you only like Chevies but, us non-bow-tie types won't hold that against you ;D.

Post up on the threads and give us a young gearhead point of view.

If you have a car your working on/building, we would love to see and hear about it over on the Project Cars board.

Again, glad to have you aboard!

Comment

I am Matt Layman and my wife's name is Tina.We have a 16 year old daughter named Megan.We have many,many vehicles totaling 32.I've been a long time drag racer, and mud racer.By Night I am a machinist supervisor for a orthapedic mfg. company.By day I have a small restoration/custom shop that employ's myself and three others.We have done everything from planes to motor cycles.The majority of our work is in the automotive field,specializing in muscle car restoration.
                        It's great to be a member of BangShift forums and look forward to meeting many of you on the HRPT.

HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                        DW- 12,16,17
                        "Stay thirsty my friends"
                        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Again, welcome to the forum Matt, about time you found this thread after 16 posts ....
                          ;D

Comment

Matt,

Cool car.............Really like the tag !

Comment

My name is Bill. I am a Utah native. I have been following since CJTV, although this is the first time I have posted, responded, etc. I am more the type to listen and keep my mouth shut. I grew up around my Grandpa and uncles who always raced at the local circle tracks, I got my time in after I was old enough. When the last track closed (1996 ?) we built and currently run a car at Bonneville. We race in the 130 and 150 mph Clubs during the USFRA meet (my fastest time is 135.731). I have a 1966 Chevelle that I hope to have running by summer time ( I just want to drive it, nothing fancy). Anyway, glad to be signed up. Thanks.

Comment

Hillbilly, thanks for signing up and joining in!
                                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                                X