Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Short Intro's

The names Crash, NE Mo.

My dad got me into cars, he's a die hard chevy guy. he has a 69 El Camino, that i drove a best of 13.3 @ 101 gear and traction limited. I have owned 2 12 sec Mitsubishi's (flame suit on ;D) and now am back to my hertiage with my first truck, a 64 chevy short bed. Plans are to bag and drag it, will have a blown 350 hoping around 425 hp. progress pics will be up soon.

Comment

Tits or tires...most cars are cool...

Oughta be rear wheel drive... but they are what they are... and if you dig it... and you put your heart and soul into ... then I'm going to dig it front wheel drive or not...

I don't dig angle hair under a Pro Street T-bucket... so don't be surprised if I don't dig the swing up door on a ricer...

K

Comment

Hi everybody.
        Dave Warfel, Birmingham, Mi

Met DF, Kieth, Tonya, Kyle and many others at DW06.

I've been into motorcycles since I was about 11. Got into cars a few minutes after that. We used to sit on the step of the corner store and try to name every car that came by.

I loved the 70 Mach 1 I had when I was 17, but after I ruined that one I turned into a Pontiac guy. Been one ever since. I still have my 76 T/A, but time and money are keeping me from getting it on the road.

Been involved in many kinds of racing over the years. Endurance, trucks, TransAm, Indycars, Grand Am. Lately we've been doing historic racing. No pressure, lots of fun. The way racing is supposed to be.

A bunch of us hang out on Woodward most weekends. The 2 weeks before the cruise is better then the actual cruise day. I built the motors in a few cars out there. Fun to watch your stuff goung fast.

Been married for many years. No kids, no pets, no plants. Nothing we can kill.

Thats my life.
        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Jim Pickard, Lawrence Ks. former army brat, born at knox, been on a lot of the auto sites over time, used to do the firestone thing then a dealership then back anyhow, unfortunately for my sanity I am addicted to machines not just cars, generators robots etc... mainly cars and trucks. I used to run through them like mad, then I got married, and well now I can't seem to finish one. No worries though without a struggle you can never appreciate the journey. I am really hoping to make this next drag week however every one from the car craft site heard it the first year and well I am sure many are sick of hearing about it on the hrm site. So I will keep that aspiration to a minimum. I am not sure how many cars I have had, because most of them didn't last long as I drive them very hard my wife's two month old honda is proof with some worn out suspension components a need for new brakes already and 15% oil life left as well as a flashing wrench on the dash. But hey were supposed to drive them rite.

Comment

Im Don 47 years old and Freibergers long lost son.HI DAD ;D He has too much fun for him not to be dad. ;D I also know not to give Turk crap since he quit smoking and turned 50.Didnt look 50 at DW. ;D I must say he "might" be a cradle robber because his wife does not look a day over 29.Dont give up the Diet Coke.
            Hope no one tells Eddie about this place. ;D

Comment

Another from Lawrence, Ks here. My name's Rick and I love old school of most varieties, I need one of the mopar issued k members for a 91 daytona rear wheel conversion, have two boys, a dog, and a cat. my 69 FuryII is my fav but I've got a 69FuryIII as a parts car but it's too cherry to cut up. We've got 3 cars in just a few blocks that are real streeters with 1000-1500hp each. I've heard there are about 10 more that don't come out that much.

Comment

Rob Roche, 43, Married, 3 kids, been into Mopars most of my life. Did 20 in the Navy, retired 4-1/2 years ago. Now I work for DS2 doing contract maint for the Navy at China lake (we're hiring!) Current fleet includes

'03 GMC Savannah 3500 (daily driver/family hauler)
                '05 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
                '64 Chrysler 300
                '66 Crysler Town & Country

Comment

LMAO

Chris Kelly, Merkel, Tx (figure 180 miles west of Ft. Worth on I-20) just barely over 50ish, going on 23. Married 27 years, daughter, grandson.

Still plays with cars. Still have a PopRod I bought with lawn mowing funds back in 1969. Our thing is 1/8 mile bracket racing. Our local track Abilene Dragstrip is about 15 miles down I-20. My wife and I host and content the track web site. We both race, and run in the same class - Modified (foot brake, no box, etc). We were #1 and #2 last year, she's #3 and I'm #4 this year. We've had a lot of fun running at the track since it opened in 2003. We've both been on the bracket finals teams since we started. Our grandson is 6 and loves to come to the track, make a pass in grandma's car, eat hot dogs on the tailgate and generally run around like a wild injun. Which he can, because everybody knows us. We like doing the web stuff because we get to lean on the rail for every event. We shot about 800 pics this last weekend.

I don't "car hop" much. We've had an assortment, but I've had the Falcon since 1974 and don't plan on changing. The local track announcer calls it "might be the fastest four door Falcon you;ve ever seen". True enough since I'm the only one out here. :D The 70 Mustang is her 4th Mustang, 2nd Mustang racer. The old 67 was really clapped out. The 70 is in much better condition, but is still a project. Needs paint bad. So do parts of the house LOL.

I do everything on the cars - paint, engine builds, trans, rear end, wiring, etc. Just put a new 351C 4V in the Falcon and it runs better than expected for a 91 octane pump gas motor. The 351C in the Mustang was refreshed last fall after 1916 passes down the track and zero problems. We like to go rounds.

DF gave me my 15 minutes of fame when he picked my 9" build up article for publication in CC back in 2000.

Comment

Steve, Simi Valley, Ca

I'm into Mopar handling for competition and track days, stock restos, general circle track racing. Not into pro turing "look" cars much. All mods all for function and lap times. Crew on a championship circle track car at Irwindale Speedway.

President of the Chrysler Performance West Car Club that puts on the huge Spring and Fall Fling mopar show in Van Nuys, CA. Brought the Spring Fling Speed Festival at Willow Spring to Spring Fling for some on track racing and something different.

I have a website for over 10 years on Mopar Handling many people have checked out over the years. 68 Cuda Autocrosser: http://hometown.aol.com/pwall5/cars/2cudapag.html Too bad I haven't updated it in about 8 years It's got tons of handling reference info, vintage nascar and trans am tech, vintage magazine references... Lots of content, but not very well laid out and organized (in reference to the website that is :-[ )

Comment

Hello all,
                      Scott Hicks
                      Athens Tennessee

Comment

well my name is Brandon Tinley every one calls me BJ i am 23 married two kids. i have built more cars at 23 then most will all there lives. i am on #30, it goes fast i have built everything out there t buckets drag cars dirt cars v-8 s10's darts camaro's mustangs a falcon diesel's i can do anything besides paint. i build engines do sheetmetal work suspension, anything. i just sold my 1975 camaro that i had for 10 years it was the first car i ever built but i need something bigger for the kids to come with me o drag week in. i am helping out with whatever i can. i am a 1320 video fan i have all the dvd's. i really am a simple person that just like stuff that is kool and has wheels

Comment

Hi, I'm John, a recently retired UPS engineer, I've been modifying cars since mid 60's but not to level of most of you. Having 7 children put a damper on what could be done, (plus cars had to be daily drivers!) Now (if I can work the projects into the budget) I'll begin having fun with cars, starting with my 68 Buick.
                          I now live in Marietta, GA but most of life was spent in Rust Belt. It's great not having to worry about rust in addition to mechanical things! Did my first Long Haul with 20 yr old daughter in '06 and last year with good friend. Was impressed with Chad in '06 and long time fan of DF.
                          John

Long Haul 2006, '07, '08, '11 Somerset & Bristol '09; Chattanooga '10; Birmingham & Chattanooga '13

Comment

My name is Scott, ,and i also love anything with a motor. I love trucks, cars, SUVS anything that you can mod and enjoy, i like it. My wife drive the TBSS and is actually the one who gets the radar detector, lead foot. Everytiime she drive the GN she ALWAYS comes back with a race story about some guy just had to challenge the girl in the GN. Nice to be here and hope to talk to you all sometime.

Comment

Dan Warner, Southern California
                              I have been a Hot Rod kinda guy for a looooong time. I hit 65 at Speedweek this year, as of today 231 days to retirement(who's counting?)
                              My Dad, Harry Warner built Wayne 12 Port heads so I grew up around race cars. Currently I have a '29 Hi Boy.
                              I run the impound areas at all salt events and El Mirage. I had to hand hold Keith for a couple of years.
                              I am also a proud member of the Bonneville(took 41 years) and El Mirage 200 MPH clubs.

Best of luck to David and Chad with this endeavor,

DW

As Tony a said,
                              next ...

Comment

My name is Dwight, a 48 year old kid,as Jimmy Buffett said I'm growing older,but not up,I've been a truck driver for 25 years and am currently looking to make a change! At present I am trying to make my '86 Monte into a drag car with all the growing pains involved with it! I have 2 dogs ,2 kids[boys, teens]an Xwife and a girlfriend!
                                I am a GM man through and through,and Keith,how am I gonna argue,you did'nt post your number ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X