Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Newbies Introduce Yourself Here! Welcome!

Welcome Bob from a fellow Canuck (Saskatchewan) you will love it here, lots of great people and new friends to make. ;D

Comment

Welcome Bob from another Canajun, eh! Brother-in-law is about your age, originally from Fredericton and now in Dartmouth NS. Always talking about the fantastic car scene in NB. Is Mirimichi Dragway still a going concern?
      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Hi I am fred I am newbie here I am looking for more information about car and I am also looking for friendship.

Comment

My name is Joe Fisher. Live in Michigan where we only get about 7 months a year to play with our hot rods , outdoors anyway. Been into cars for a long time, owned and sold more than I can remember most of which I wish I still had. Currently playing with a 66 mustang coupe, 289 block, built to about 350 hsp. I do a few shows, a little cruising and some bracket racing. Going to SEMA this year (one off the bucket list) and Power Tour is coming to my home town in 2011. Come and say Hey!

Comment

Originally posted by 66@50
            My name is Joe Fisher. Live in Michigan where we only get about 7 months a year to play with our hot rods , outdoors anyway. Been into cars for a long time, owned and sold more than I can remember most of which I wish I still had. Currently playing with a 66 mustang coupe, 289 block, built to about 350 hsp. I do a few shows, a little cruising and some bracket racing. Going to SEMA this year (one off the bucket list) and Power Tour is coming to my home town in 2011. Come and say Hey!

Hello fellow Michigan resident.

Welcome aboard...

Comment

Hello, My name is Ray, I live in Oklahoma for the past 5 years. Grew up in Chicago then to L.A. . We have a 66 Belvedere 63 Cal Bug, 69 Charger, 68 A108 van and a 55 Bel Air that my father in law bought new.

Comment

Nino Porpiglia newbie here.  Followed Bangshift for a couple years, decided to register.  From northern Indiana.  In the restaurant business but I forget that sometimes.  Always into cars and trucks.  Did Dragweek in '09 and was co-pilot in '10 while I was redoing my combo.  Goin' fast is my fun. Will be there again in '11 with my new combo that is fun as hell.  Car is '85 Firebird I have had since '94. Current combo is Dart 400, AFR heads, Procharger, Ford 9" and turbo 400 with Gearvendors. Hot Rod Magazine's Drag Week got me in WWWAAAAAYYYY deep. I love it!

Comment

welcome Ray and Nino.

Nino, Saw you on DW this year was wondering where you 'bird was.
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Tried like CRAZY to get it finished. Just changed too much at one time. Got it done three weeks ago and have been testing it. Going to change a few minor things but it is pretty ready to go. Next year will be fun. See you in '11.

Comment

I ran into a guy in a parking lot last night with a '48 F500/600 dump truck - cool dude - with three flat heads - one in the '48, one in an M37 Dodge military truck, and a ford 8N.

I told him about this place, hopefully he'll join.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

John, you fell through a time warp hole and met me in the future. :D
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

cool - does that mean we'll both be in the same time zone at SEMA?

we'll have to make sure the flux capacitors remain in phase - that requires whiskey does it not?

Jack? Jim? SoCo? 7? Makers? Crown? What's your preference?
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'm not the choosy type. A bottle with a white label reading "Whiskey" would work out fine. :D

I'm excited to see everyone out there!

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Hello New to the site..

My name is Steve Sellers owner and operator at Sellers Equipped in San Jose Ca for the last 11 years.

I specialize in automotive design, from reproducing vintage speed equipment to one off metal finishing and chassis design.

The love is for old period hot rods, but have a a flavor for bringing technology and design to enhance the look's of old muscle cars to hot rods.

You can see more of my work here.

Thanks ~S

Comment

I guess if I can room with Chad and live, I can quit lurking and do an into.

Brandon Flannery - features editor for Goodguys Rod & Custom, and also have been with Zombie at Rod & Kulture since it was Car Kulture Deluxe in the early days. I like long walks on the beach, finger painting roses at sunset, and the occasional round of candlelight checkers...

I drive a big car, I drive my big car far, and I drive my big car fast. I also have to fix whatever I tear up, and that is pretty common... I have a heavy right foot and grew up with yard carts and a couple of acres of dirt. I don't mind spinning a car out or crashing, but my passengers usually do. My beloved girlfriend is kind of use to it, so I might let her stick around.... she can't cook, so she better like my driving if she wants to eat.

Anyhoo... I've done my time in the trenches doing body work, mechanic work, even some upholstery. Worked for Panoz, a Dodge dealership, and several paint shops. I also tattooed professionally for 2.5 years, worked for the D.O.T., worked at a Sensenich Propeller refurbishing shop, was a Harley tech that drove a lowered '80s jap drag bike to work daily, and I've also driven a beer truck. Short of a talent scout for Hooters, I've had all the redneck dream jobs. I've been a picture taking square pounder for the last decade and it's not a bad gig... I had subscriptions to three car magazines in the 4th grade and have read all my life, so it's cool to be a part of that and give back. I really dig the stories behind each and every car, and I like that I can help share that with the world and leave a written legacy of that car behind for the owner.

Comment

Working...
                                X